• 2 weeks later...

Miana would enter into the gardens. Since there was alot of  windows for the sunlight to get in during the day, there was a clear view of the night sky as well. There was alot of small lights scattered around to illuminate the garden. Miana let out a sigh of fascination looking at all the plants that were growing there.  She wold walk up to the tree and looked at it admiring it. She had to replant many trees here over the years. To her it was a bit bitter when they would start to die off. The downside to immortality is watching others disappear around her. Probably now why she has been enthralling so many companions.

Miana took a seat underneath the tree and leaned back against the trunk. For a moment her mind flashed back to her past, long ago when she was merely 17 years of age. How she would sneak outside the castle at night and wait under a tree for her lover at the time. Little did she know what he really was. At the time she just thought that he only came at night to stay hidden from her father. But now she realized that it was a hint at his true nature. Still she had loved the man, and their time together was brutually short. 

Miana continue to relax in that spot reminiscing about good memories.

Vance was walking around the corridors minding his own business wondering if he could find something interesting. Upon the glows of the Botanical Gardens hitting his clothes he gave a look of it, thinking its mesmerizing. He continued onwards, but fully stopped and peaked out of a corner realizing that person over there was Miana. ".." "Found her..Oh, hold on..If this is a garden..This must be hers." 

He peaked out a little more whilst her eyes were still closed. This was the chance he was looking for. A short talk with the woman who spared him. Although its not that easy, as the boy found himself sweating from being nervous. Either way he stopped peaking out and toughened up. "Come on now, Alicia said she was kind, right..? It shouldn't be this nerve-wracking for me to want to approach her all of the sudden.." He thought. He took a few steps in and approached Miana whilst she was still relaxing. He simply crouched down and looked at her in silence, not wanting to disrupt, instead waited patiently for Miana to notice him. 

Miana had heard the footsteps of someone entering as she rested. Thankfully it was unlikely to be an intruder due to the location of garden, any intruder would have beem caught long ago due to how many servants were around.

As the person got closer she could detect their slightly abnormally heart beat. Even thougu it was not as abnormal as before, it immediatly gave away who it was to her.

Wow, you are approaching me?  Considering how you have acted the past couple of weeks and even this morning I am surprised. " she said. Miana opened her eyes and looked forward to Vance. Her demeanor was calm as her crimson eyes took in the details of his appearance. Thinking about it, this was probably the closest she has been to him physically. Well if you didn't count the time ge nearly impaled her.

Is there something on your mind? Or do you just wish to observe me? " she asked him.

Edited by Kitsuyumia

"..A-Ah." She could see buckets of sweat oogling a little on his face. "Ahm..Yeah, I know it is a little bit surprising you could say.." Seeing she just commented a bit of relief comes upon him. He is glad she acknowledges his existence and shoots a conversation. "..I have something on my mind, yes.." He took a seat down on the floor in front of Alicia. "Well, you see..How do I put this so that you believe me.." He brushed his face keeping eye contact with Alicia. "..I feel guilty. For, making a bad impression on you, the lady who despite I tried to murder for my own reasons..Didn't cut off my limbs, nor did return the hostility or do anything horrible to me." 

He took a breath. "Basically..If you dont catch my hints yet. Out of pure honesty, I apologize for letting your race blind me from the truth that you have feelings and a heart too." He finally let it out which stopped his sweating. He gave her a few seconds before shooting a question. "It's okay if I sit down here, right?" 

of course, and your apology is accepted," she said in reply to Vance. She is glad his talk with Alicia was effective.  She thought about his words and about how he said it was her race. But to her could she really consider it hers? Maybe it was a silly question to her. But she did somewhat sympathize with him. " I remember long ago I used to fear all vampires as well. I had believed all vampires were evil beings who want nothing more to hurt us humans." she said talking about her past long ago. Part of her wondered how he would react to hearing this.

Although I was not one who would go on crusades and the like. Back then women were viewed as fragile and were sheltered, especially noblewomen."  

He couldn't be more happy that he was making. Vance's expression changed up, he smiled lightly. Upon hearing that though he understood and even slight shock was brought upon him. It explains her humanity, her kindness and why she didn't hurt him. She is not the result of vampires breeding. She is a human who has been: "Bitten...Miana..You are a victim of a bite..?" He took a moment to process her truth. He felt, even more guilty. No, he felt sympathy for Miana. "..You were from those times huh?" He stood up and took a seat next to her instead of in front. "..I'm sorry to hear that. I really am.." He observed Miana, wondering if she feels anything particular about it. "..You've lived for long haven't you? You've seen many people that accepted you despite your transformation wither away.." He looked away from Miana towards the ground. "..My sorry won't do it. I'll make up to you for the missed weeks of work..And.." He took a second before saying this. "Can I, exchange the curse into a contract with you?" So fast already? She probably found it weird, but he mentioned the other reason why he has taken such decision. "..You see..I actually, need you way more than just survival, food, water and shelter..I am..Basically better off being your Thrall until I pass away." 

Well being a thrall you will be immortal, though that does not make you invincible. Hopefully your passing wont come. Alright dont be too surprised by this, but I will be using magic to make the contract," she said as she stood up.  She stood up and she began with traving a circle in the air. As she did so a red glowing light trailed from her finger and remained suspended in the air lile as if she was drawing on a white board with a marker. She made the circle and started putting runes along the inside of the circle. As she worked on it the design became more and more complex. Until she closed it off and made a blank area in the center. She continued making movements with her hands and words began appearing, but in a script that Vance never saw before.

As thrall of Miana Blackthorne head mistress of the Spruce Moore Coven, you will be dedicsted in service to Miana Blackthorne. She will be your master and thus you must obey her when she gives an order through the contract when the contracted is tapped into. If you disobey the order you may feel a jolt that will cause some pain, but this is only when the contract is tapped into when the order is given. As a thrall you will have duties you are expected to complete to help daily life in the Coven to run smoothly. Lastly you will be required to allow your master Miana Blackthorne to feed off of your blood if it is requested of you. In return Miana Blackthorne will do her best to accomodate to your needs, and you will recieve immortality, you will stop ageing and you will not die from age. However keep in mind you will not be invincible and you can still die from means other than age. Put a droplet of blood here to agree and seal this contract," she said, speaking like as if she was reading a paper contract. When she said the last parta small ring appeared below the words. 

Don't worry about some of that stuff, alot of it is technicalities. I usually allow more free choice to my thralls. Plus I  almost never tap into the contract when giving orders." she said to reassure him just in case that whole part of feeling pain made him nervous.

"..Magic you say?" Vance blinked a few times at Miana before she stood up to prepare. He sat there watching in slight awe how she prepares contracts. He'd never seen a Vampire be able to do this. When they fought she surely held back. There would be no way he'd be able to fight such a strong vampire. "..I've never seen a vampire capable of such magic..I could only see this in comics." He rose up from his sitting and approached the patterns along with the ring. "I'll be immortal? Well, that puts me at ease.." He studied the ring before hearing Miana say its technicalities. He looked up at Miana taking a second, observing her crimson eyes. "Its not just technical terms..Its what I promise." 

Vance rises up his hand and bites the fleshy thin parts of his thumb hard enough to where blood spewed out. He hovered the hand over and let the blood build up and drip once onto the ring. "I promise you loyalty and my body's blood until the end of my life." He lowered his hand after the ring had received the blood drop. Vance doesn't look like he has any regrets nor hesitation after being convinced that Miana's kindness was real.

Once the blood droplet was captured in the circle it seemed to burn up and the flames spread out creating some sort of glyphs. Then the circles began to compress and close up until they were only about 4 cm in width and the magic flew towards vance and impacted him in the chest. The magic burned the curse away from him and a small mark appeared over his heart on his chest. It was a seal of thralldom. Each seal had unique appearance and mainly appeared like a tattoo on ones skin. This was a mark that would set him apart as a thrall of Miana Blackthorne. It also would prevent another vampire from trying to enthrall him as well. " There all done, see that wasn't so bad. Besides becoming a contracted thrall was there anything else on your mind?" She asked him. Since she wanted to know what the young man was thinking about and if he needed anything she wanted to see if she could help him out.

Vance stepped back a little as it hit him. He didnt expect to feel a slight push, but what was more surprising was the warm feeling in his chest. His head tilts down as he lifts his hoodie and battle shirt up looking at the tattoo-like mark, touching it gently. "This isn't as bad as I imagined yes..It looks cool on me." He brings his clothes down hiding his physical appearance. Looking up at Miana, she almost read him like a book. His expression tenses up a little in a serious manner.

He first walked up close to Miana. "May I get permission to work with Alicia? Me and her talked..About.." He closed his eyes. "You know what topic. I have become suspicious..It might be..A werewolf." He told Miana straight up. "I probably cant have safety with Alicia but she is a scientist so even if something happens to me she can fix it. Probably.." His eyes opened back up. "May I? don't worry, you're still my number one priority. I swore on that after all." A little smile showed itself. 

" Sure you may work along side her. Just remind her to make sure you come back alive, there have been some experiments that had accidentally ended somewhat fatally for a couple of my thralls," She said however part of his statement intrigued her. " which area did you say you were from originally?" she asked him as she may have some knowledge of the situation if it was  what she was thinking of.

What a relief came upon Vance. She actually accepted, that was nothing short of wonderful in his case. He hid his excitement instead listening closely to her question. "Ah..Where I used to live." He rubbed his chin wondering how to explain it. "..It was, in the near city from this Spruce More Forest. My home is near those commercial buildings if you've ever seen them. Two large towers with a lot of stores in the vicinity." He found it interesting as to why she was asking in the first place. He walked up besides Miana looking up at the glass ceiling cover of the garden. "Does it ring a bell to you or something?" Thinking about it, there was someone else than that grandma and grandpa that would take care of him, but his memory is so hard to re-call, he can't remember their face nor name. Like they disappeared from Vance's family canvas. "Either way..I am not only going after such dangerous work for answers..I dont want to feel like my training to be a hunter is going to waste now that I am a thrall..I have to make use of my skills, right? Jumping from vampires to werewolves..Doesn't sound that bad." His eyes trail towards her beautiful face again. "If you don't mind, of course."  

Edited by KanDaKnight

" Well let's say I have heard some rumors going on around the Newhaven and Hammerhill area's, but I have yet to confirm anything myself. As for the hunting skills, I would prefer to avoid starting unnecessary conflict. Such would draw undue attention to us. However I so need to make a visit with the werewolf pack in this area. troublesome as the mongrels are they do have the advantage of daylight on their side. Anyways I have an offer to make them." said the Vampiress.  She was hoping that the werewolves would not attack her on sight. However she did have some protective spells she could use just in case they tried anything. After all she was just hoping to talk with their leader. " I shall leave to meet them. I suggest you find yourself something to keep yourself busy. And when sun begins to rise you can head to my bed chambers and wait for me if you want, If not then I can always use someone else, but I will give you an opportunity to join me." With that said she magically transformed into a bat and would fly out the window to head towards the forest.

Listening carefully to his master whilst spacing off to the ceiling, the word rumor rang into his hearing like a loud church bell. "Rumors huh?" There was some worry in his eyes. He might be confident in his abilities, but he for a second doesn't forget he's human. "I see, my area was close to Newhaven.." He didnt say anything more than that.

"M-Meeting with the a werewolf leader?" That, honestly caught him off guard. Was it that she was thinking about? Well, she is powerful and there'd be nothing to worry about presumably. She doesn't dwindle much and moves onto offering Vance to be in her chamber. "..." He doesnt get what she meant by that, she leaves him pondering there for a few minutes. "...I guess I'll stop by." Turning around to the exit he walked off. "I should go find Alicia now.." with that he took his leave.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up