The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

Hello everyone!

We now have enough members to form a standard party. Today I'll post more information about the setting and world. And after that I think we will have enough for character creation.

Please react to this message so I know you have read it, you have read the character creation rules and are happy/willing to make a character.

@love_and_poprocks

@IsabellaRose

@Reyna

@DreamsnThings

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So I have a few questions regarding the rules!

1) Is adulthood based off the specified adulthood age for each class? Going below this gives you the Small size, right?

2) It says the 20 points are used for the other 5 stats, so that means you cannot use it on Charisma (due to starting with 18), correct?

3) If you choose one of the custom racial traits, does that count for the drawback that you must take? Or do you take a second?

4) Do custom racial traits replace any specific normal racial traits given by a race? Usually they detail which one they do replace, but I don't see it for the custom ones.

5) Do we also choose a Background?

6) Are there any class limits? Any limits on starting magic items or special materials on items?

Great questions!

1) Yes, this means you must be under 15 years old for human. As you grow you would become Medium, gain +2 Strength and -2 Dex.

2) Correct.

3) So there are Race Traits which replace other Race traits. And then there is the Trait system which has all sorts of traits such Combat, Magic and Racial Traits. Normally you can choose Two Traits and one if you take a Drawback. Since I am forcing players to take Drawbacks from my bespoke list you get 3 Traits, each most be of a different type. (You can't take two Combat traits for example)

4) As explained above they do not.

5) Your character(s) can have any RP background you wish.

6) Only Pathfinder 1st party, no Psionics, Path of War or any of that. No banned items or materials yet Mithril is plentiful.

@Chiyako

Edited by MagnificentBastard
  • Thanks 1

@Chiyako

She can't have any because she mimics other races so well. But I would rule this was the case even if you didn't took the trait because the whole point of Kitsune want to fit in.

I hope you don't find that too restrictive.

Edited by MagnificentBastard
  • Like 1

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

So uh... im still on board for this but i belatedly realized pathfinder is different from dnd 5e... and i have 0 experience with pathfinder... so uhm... yaa.... help please xwx

Happy to help.

Shoot me a DM or ask here. I suggest you start with race and an idea of what you want to then I can help you with classes and stats, etc.

@DreamsnThings

Just now, MagnificentBastard said:

Happy to help.

Shoot me a DM or ask here. I suggest you start with race and an idea of what you want to then I can help you with classes and stats, etc.

@DreamsnThings

You specified "allowed" races, does pathfinder have classes as well? And are all of them allowed/any banned if there are?

Pathfinder has classes, this link is to a website with all the Pathfinder rules.

Pathfinder is based in 3.5 DnD so it works similarly, there are clases, skills, feats, and the stats are the same. Pathfinder doesn't have advantage or disadvantage and saves are different.

I mean.. i have a few existing 5e campaigns so i want to play something distinct from any base 5e class... might as well do something i can only really do here...

Honestly kinda want to play something backline, more removed from the combat... so like a buffer/debuffer support or someone who makes minions to fight for them...

Im thinking im going to play a scardy cat kind of girl who is somewhat stuck going on an adventure... specifics will depend on class and backgrounds (if those exist in PF)

@DreamsnThings
I would recommend you look the Witch class. It's a debuffing class and I don't think it has a 5e equivalent.

It has hexes to give the same effect as Advantage/Disadvantage from 5e.

Backgrounds don't exist in Pathfinder but Traits are an equivalent.

Just now, IsabellaRose said:

@DreamsnThings - it's not too terribly far off from 5e. It's just more options and a few things work differently, but mostly the same. Race, Class, etc. There's a lot more moving pieces in Pathfinder, but I think it lets you customize your character a lot more.

I see ^-^ good to know, ill try my best but ill probably slip up and make assumptions based on 5e by mistake, forgive me if i do ^-^"