The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

I understand, lemme know if you're not feeling it but I think we can homebrew it up to par.

And the setting will be homebrewed./ I'll try to have a draft up soon of the premise of the setting for everyone to see but it'll be of my own make drawing from what MB made before. 

Posted (edited)

Im working on it as we speak! As I mentioned in a previous post, my goal is to create a central hub for a large group to socialize and do as they will and then smaller groups will take on missions of an episodic nature with an overarching story that everyone participates in. That way if someone needs to drop out their character is still a part of the team and can come back whenever they are able to. The current goal is to build a setting and premise that suits this and creates an environment for the storytelling that we're all looking for while still providing all the smutty opportunities a bunch of degenerate RPers could hope for.

Edited by Ceberskie
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

I prefer rules light systems for pbp; I find 5e, PF, and crunchy games to be far too clunky for pbp. I'll bow out if it's going to be 5e or PF.

What are some alternatives? I've never played with any light rules systems.

@IsabellaRose

Edited by Ceberskie
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Ceberskie said:

What are some alternatives? I've never played with any light rules systems.

It depends on the feel you're going for. A Lot of people like Tiny Dungeon, Maze Rats, Troika! and Mork Borg. If you want a minimalist old school D&D d20 experience you can try any of the OSR games, like Black Hack. If you don't care about keeping the d20 feel, any decent fantasy PbtA game runs a lot quicker in pbp - Dungeon World is the most "like" D&D, but Fantasy World is a more PbtA version of Dungeon World. In a Wicked Age is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't played it.

Personally I've found a lot of success running pbp games using a real basic Cortex hack. But most people who enjoy 5e/PF like the piles of options and don't want a free-form system where you can make your own options, so that's probably not really a good suggestion. 

• Love 1