An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

Anahel nodded and smiled saying, “yes. Let us go find some new clothes for you Mirina. We can worry about finding an architect later or we may even run into one in town,” she said as they three of them made their way into town, she wondered if even Maxim knew someone who could help, maybe she would go looking for him to ask.

• Love 1

It took a little while to find anyone selling clothing.  They finally find a small unofficial market area.  The options were fairly limited and basic though.  “…With so few women left in town, there are not many others buying, but that also means the selection is rather limited.”  There was a little specifically for women, mostly fairly simple dresses.  Of course, they could also get stuff suitable for men or women.  The other woman ignored the eyes on them, from a respectable distance.  They got attention, just as now rare women, but Anahel of course drew extra attention.

• Love 1

Mirina was not especially picky.   She was doing this mostly because Anahel wanted to.  She supposed she saw some value in having more clothes, assuming they were able to transport them conveniently when they started moving again.  But she not really picky about which they were.  She glanced over some of them.  Nothing really stood out, but she expected a little push back if she tried to avoid picking anything.  “Maybe this.”  She answered, looking over a plain dark blue dress.  Not fancy but decent enough in material and quality.

• Love 1

It was just the two of them getting clothes at the moment.  Mirina simply carried the dress and watched her mistress choose other things.  She was not bothered by the choices and was likely to wear anything Anahel chose.  The two girls waited to see what else she might buy, the other girl curious to see what sort of fashion sense the angel might have.  Anahel at this time did not have much reason to buy clothes for herself, but it interesting to see what she might choose for others.  "Choose as much as you would like."  One of the merchants spoke up.  "For you who saved this city, and may save our kingdom, I will give you a great discount."  He would just give everything away, but he was willing to sell very cheaply to the angel who had blessed him with his presence.

• Love 1

Anahel picked up more clothes for Mirina, trying to provide a variety though mostly dressed as it was the only think she tended to wear in heaven and down on Earth. As she finished up, she looked at the merchant saying, “oh… I don’t really have any money on me… if you would like however I could provide you with some money using my magic or I could provide a favor, if you’d like,” she told him with a smile, always the Good Samaritan.

• Love 1

The merchant shook his head.  "You came with prince.  He might not have much money either, at the moment.  But I'm sure he will pay in time."  The man had a trust and respect for the prince, like his father, the late king, he was sure the prince would keep his word.  Especially for something as small as this, it would be easy to pay off after the kingdom had been restored.  The idea of magic money seemed a little strange too, he was sure an angel would create something real, but it was still a little different than accepting money that was already here.  "I would not be bold enough to ask a favor from the being who saved our town."  If some sort of emergency came up, he might consider asking, but he was not going to ask for something unless he had to.  He could not give this stuff away, but he was willing to wait a while for the payment in a special case like this.

• Love 1

Anahel looked at the merchant and gave him a small smile and clasped her hands in front of herself and bowed slightly saying, “thank you very much. I will not forget your kindness. I will make sure to let Prince Maxim know and I will insure that he pays you back in full!” With that she then gathered up everything she had bought for Mirina and gave the merchant a small way before leaving. “Alright, now to find an architect.”

• Love 1

The three of them made their way towards the next stop.  “Are you looking to just fix up the place or making more significant work?”  The other girl asked.  This was something they could probably fairly find help with.  People who just needed something to do.  There were still probably enough men around in town to do the sort of work needed.  Especially for the smaller stuff.  It would be interesting to see how the house ended up.  She was looking forward to seeing how it went, it was a little interesting to see how things would turn out and that the two of them seemed almost like a family now.

• Love 1

Anahel thought about this and then smiled saying, “hmmm, at first I was just thinking of fixing up the place but it wouldn’t hurt if some improvements were made too,” she told the other girl. She wondered if Maxim knew of anyone for the job and wondered where he was at the moment. She could always call for him through their connections but it was a little fun to search.

• Love 1

Maxim had been keeping his distance, giving Anahel time with Mirina.  For now he would continue do so, unless she called for him.  Or if he felt it was time for them to move on to the next target.  He was willing willing to hang around a little longer, let word spread about what happened, maybe even all the way to the Vanorian emperor.

The three girls were on there on their own until one of those happened.  “These men will likely be more insistent on payment.”  The girl observed, though they would probably be content with some that came from Anahel’s magic.

It took some asking around on her part, but eventually they got directions.  To a ‘market’ of a different sort, men looking for physical work.  Smiths, tailors, carpenters and eventually they found their way to a small building with a man behind the desk.  “To be visited by the Angel who saved us all, what do I owe the honor?”  He was surprised to see the angel, more surprised that she apparently brought two of the few women left in town with her.

• Love 1

“Lots of work needed there, many buildings need repair.  What sort of building are you talking about?”  The other girl spoke up, and gestured to Mirina.  “A farm, her family’s.  She is the only one left there.”  The man silently considered the situation.  “The farms certainly do need to be restored.  Though that would be difficult with just one woman.”  A family, ideally with numerous children, was the best solution for a farm.  But that was a matter for the future.  “For now, we can focus on the house, that my area after all.  Just how much work are you looking for?”  He had some guess of the sort damage a house like that here might have, he was curious if they were looking for more though.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The man considered the situation, he was not going to be as generous as the merchant, but he was not corrupt or extremely greedy either.  He did not intend to be unreasonable.  He let out a soft sigh.  “I’ll gather a few of my men.  We will take a look at the place, decide how much work is necessary and what it might cost.”  He stood up waited for the women to leave then followed them out to gather some of the workers.

• Love 1

“We should probably follow him to the house for now.  See what he thinks he can do and the cost.”  The other girl advised.  She would not mind being in a quieter place either.  Between Anahel’s presence and the current rarity of women, they were certainly getting stares from the crowd.  She did feel safe, that they would not do anything, especially with Anahel present.  But the desires of a number of them were clear.  It would be nice to be out of the crowd for a while.  Hopefully avoid anyone who thought they could pay for services in a different way.  If it was just her and Mirina, she would not surprised to hear something like that eventually.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded at the girl and said, “good idea. Come on girls, let’s head back,” she smiled and began to walk with them. She did to notice the looks that the others were getting but if anyone tried anything, she would make them pay. While she was sent here to ensure Vanoria’s defeat, she was also a symbol of juice and peace and would not stand for any injustice of any kind. 

• Love 1

She could understand men being sexually frustrated.  Hopefully at some point the other women would be recovered, at least as many as possible.  The issue of them being slaves would have to be resolved, but it would make things easier.  “Hopefully the prince can find something to help with the lack of women, throughout the kingdom.”  Unfortunately the entire kingdom had suffered this fate, fixing the gender imbalance in the short term would not be easy.

Mirina made a rare case of speaking up without being spoken to.  To bring up an unexpected idea.  Something that might resolve two problems at a time.  “The Prince could investigate the stories.  The land to the east, the wild women.”  It was a local legend, in the lands just past their kingdom, still outside the Vanorian conquest.  A strange people.  Not quite human, the stories claimed they were all female, though there was some doubt about that.  It was one possibility, both for an army and at least a short term solution to the lack of women, if Maxim was diplomatically successful with them.

• Love 1

Anahel smiled saying, “don’t worry, things will soon return to normal and we will retrieve the stolen women. She then turned to Mirina curiously and asked, “the wolf women?” Anahel had limited knowledge on these people but maybe it was a good idea to tell the prince about this, they could help with the population and could even help fight the war with them though, she wondered how trusted they were and would be towards outsiders. 

“At his is certainly an idea. I’ll have to inform the Prince of this. Good job Mirina, I’m proud of you,” she said flashing a smile at her, more proud of the fact that she had spoken freely. She was starting to revert back to her old self it looked like.

• Love 1

The other girl, spoke up, regarding her knowledge of such legends.  “I don’t know about ‘wolf women’, but no one really knows much about them.  Just old stories, rumors, legends.  Maybe the prince knows a little more, the royal family might have kept some knowledge of them, if they tried to interact in the past.”  They were compared to animals in some ways, not always complimentary, but it was hard to say how true any of the stories were.  The two peoples had kept a distance from each other.  It was hard to know how willing they would be to talk to Maxim.  But it was probably something at least worth trying.

Mirina was pleased for her mistress’ approval but did not say anything, though it showed a little on her face.  For now she was content to hear whatever the other two had to say about it.  She was doing her part to help her mistress accomplish her mission.

• Love 1

Alice nodded along as the other girl explained more of the people to her. “That is interesting. Maybe if I came along it could help smooth things out a little? I wonder how they would react to seeing me? Maybe they would treat me like a deity? Or a Devil….” She uttered and hoped the latter was not true.

• Love 1

It was hard to know for sure how they would react, what if any gods they worshipped, but the girl had a hard time believing anyone would see someone like Anahel as a devil.  “I don’t know if they will understand exactly what you are, but I can’t imagine anyone would see you as anything evil.”  It was possible they had never encountered or had knowledge of anything like an angel, maybe they would be confused at first but she was convinced they would see Anahel’s purity quickly enough.  “It might be more important that you are there as a woman, the way all the stories go, it is hard to guess how they would react to a man.”  Mirina had brought them partially to solve the lack of women, but for a society that was rumored to be entirely female, she had no idea what they thought about men.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded at both of their words and smiled saying, “yes, I think they will see the best of me just as everyone here has seen.” She then looked at Mirina and nodded once more as she said, “yes, that is another reason why me going along would be beneficial. I could help greatly to convince them.”

• Love 1