A Diamond In The Rough~

Hello, all! 

My name is Andiehh, 21, and I'm a semi-experienced RP'er. Though, admittedly, I haven't experienced anything that this site seems to be offering. I was looking through the forums and guidelines and all the "location" talk rather confused me.

I'm a very simple guy, though I've always said I should be a female. I'm extremely feminine, and it will show most likely. 

My interests (though already in my profile) are Anime, Hentai, League of Legends, Hearthstone, PS4, and RPing.

When it comes to RPing, I'm rather picky. Probably because I've always been a close-minded person for myself. I have an F-List and will happily share it with anyone who wants to see it, just leave me a message and we can talk things over. Some things are a must. For example, I don't do non-hentai profiles. It's what I'm here for. ^-^

I also do art! I made my current signature and many many before that, so if you're interested in some artwork from me, feel free to let me know as well. I'll probably post a thread or something.

Anything else I left out, oh well. Thanks for having me here! ♥

(Oh and if you couldn't already tell, I'm obsessed with Mashiro Shiina from Sakura-sou. :3)

Edited by Andiehh

• Community Administrator

Welcome to EcchiDreams, I understand that our RP section has a rather complicated feel to them and I sympathise with those who are overwhelmed or confused by it. Perhaps @NeppyNepNep can explain it better than I can, but Locations are "Areas" (Example: The Crimson Moon) within the Scenario (example: Blackberry Falls City), that users can set up as locations in the city. If a location has any restrictions it should say so in the first post (Such as my UFF thread, when I've got my shit sorted). So a Location is an area that is within the scope of the scenario; but separate. Like a Side Story keeps sex separate from the main Roleplay. If that makes any sense at all. 

Rest assured we're working on this problem although we rarely get any feedback about it one way or the other, it's nice to actually see someone say "I have a problem with this" because we're then alerted to it and can do something about it. We knew there was a problem, we just didn't know what was the problem exactly, if that makes any sense. I'm not good at wording things. xP

We welcome all feedback, and as I said we're looking into it including making a topic/post that details terminology and what each section is for, we will be looking into the "Location" area to learn how to make it more understandable, and I thank you for your feedback. You're already getting off to a great start ;) 

I really appreciate the reply!

It's kind of like... I could tell that the "locations" you guys have on your forums are like "available" backdrops for RP's. That much is an easy grasp. But in my experience, the RP's I've done in the past merely consisted of me and another deciding a story/plot, and just have it take place wherever. There was no pre-made destinations we started out at. 

Perhaps that was just a "smaller" forum, but they simply had "Group RP's", "Two-player RP's", "Lolicon RP's" and "Single Person Stories". It was up to the people to decide whether they wanted their RP to take place in Japan, anywhere on Earth, another planet, or a made up place in another realm, etc, etc. 

That's what I actually enjoyed about it. Simple, but efficient. I also noticed that in the rules, there was a limit on "Characters" per posts.... I may or may not be a little confused there too. On the other site, you just made a new profile for the RP you wanted to do. Is that what you guys reference to "Characters"? So, say, for example... I wanted to start an RP with 10 different people using 10 different characters *solely* made for each individual RP. I wouldn't be permitted to on this site?

Pardon my extreme interrogation, I'm merely trying to get a feel for this community's traditions. =)

(That being said, is Lolicon permitted on this site as well? I would assume it is due to the possible "Hentai Niche" selection.)

To answer all your questions I will try to quote your post several times, so you can see which question I am answering and what that's about. 

I really appreciate the reply!

It's kind of like... I could tell that the "locations" you guys have on your forums are like "available" backdrops for RP's. That much is an easy grasp. But in my experience, the RP's I've done in the past merely consisted of me and another deciding a story/plot, and just have it take place wherever. There was no pre-made destinations we started out at. 

Perhaps that was just a "smaller" forum, but they simply had "Group RP's", "Two-player RP's", "Lolicon RP's" and "Single Person Stories". It was up to the people to decide whether they wanted their RP to take place in Japan, anywhere on Earth, another planet, or a made up place in another realm, etc, etc. 

That's what I actually enjoyed about it. Simple, but efficient. 

No problems, and yes I think I know what you're referring to; someone did bring this up about 11 months ago. About wanting users to be able to create their own roleplay, unfortunately the reason why it was declined (Other than EcchiTexts) was because we've had a problem where people make suggestions for things in the past; and when we've introduced those features those members leave and we never hear from them again, case in point the members that were calling for it after we said we'd look into it have not been on EcchiDreams ever since. So we see very little point in introducing a feature if no one will use it. 

I should also point out that whilst I am indeed the Site Administrator; I'm not actually in charge of the Roleplay Section at all, although our staff heichary will be reformed too - it's reminants of how previous administrators did it, and that doesn't work for me... It's a long story and unrelated, so I'll get back on track. I can tell you is that there are some big changes coming to the RP section that I think you'll like. That'll be available for both new and old members, but what these changes are I'm not actually allowed to say as it's not my section, and the Roleplay Administrator will be very upset with me if I disclose what's going on before she is ready to announce it herself. 

Character Limits per the amount of posts you have is a rule for the scenario roleplays, not for the EcchiText ones which allows you to establish as many as you like. As far as I can tell this rule should have been or will be abolished, meaning it'll no longer be a rule pretty soon - because it makes no sense anymore. The character limit was just for scenario roleplays; for example you couldn't have x amount of characters if you had under x amount of posts, this was designed to ease people into the Roleplay section at first but has ended up being more of a confusing hindrance than a helpful guideline. As it was per scenario (Say the limit is three) you could have three characters in Blackberry, three different ones in Utopian Curse and three that are mix and matched in the Andromeda RP; for example, as opposed to just being allowed X amount across all of them.

This limit as far as I am aware doesn't apply to EcchiTexts but @NeppyNepNep will have to confirm that. I am merely talking as one roleplayer to another. 

No problems although the traditions you might be getting established with might be changing very soon when the "Big Update" comes out, as a lot of the site will be changed, reformed and ran exactly the way I want it to be ran which hopefully makes it much easier for everyone. That an as I said previously we're still running on stuff introduced by three different administrations (as I am not the original site administrator, I'm the fourth, and the last, if I can help it). xP

Lolicon is tough subject which I've covered here before. Under Free Speech laws and Free Expression laws we do not censor or stop people from having Lolicon or Shotacon characters; and for them to RP with them. We do not stop members from doing sex scenes with their characters either. However - what we stop, because we legally have to is the uploading or posting of pictures that contain a minor in nude or sexual situations. I've also stated my feelings on the subject and I feel this is a gross over and misuse of censorship and power by those Governments (stated in the thread I linked).

I hope that helps. 

Character Limits per the amount of posts you have is a rule for the scenario roleplays, not for the EcchiText ones which allows you to establish as many as you like. As far as I can tell this rule should have been or will be abolished, meaning it'll no longer be a rule pretty soon - because it makes no sense anymore. The character limit was just for scenario roleplays; for example you couldn't have x amount of characters if you had under x amount of posts, this was designed to ease people into the Roleplay section at first but has ended up being more of a confusing hindrance than a helpful guideline. As it was per scenario (Say the limit is three) you could have three characters in Blackberry, three different ones in Utopian Curse and three that are mix and matched in the Andromeda RP; for example, as opposed to just being allowed X amount across all of them.

This limit as far as I am aware doesn't apply to EcchiTexts but @NeppyNepNep will have to confirm that. I am merely talking as one roleplayer to another.

Wolfie is correct; the character limit per number of posts will no longer be a rule. That was one of the changes I was planning on announcing with the big update, but Wolfie has let that slip. Please hush, Wolfie, before you let more of my secrets out D:

I am planning a lot of changes to the RP section that will affect it in a huge way, but not so that current plots will be disrupted. There will be feature changes, and rule changes that really will make anything we say to you at this point, wrong. But, as it stands at this moment in time, the character limits only apply to the Scenario roleplays. The only limit the one on one roleplaying faces is one advertisement thread per person.

The character limits were originally intended to help people slowly get into the roleplays, and also to prevent people from spamming a load of characters that they then allowed to grow inactive. As it stands at the moment, you have a limit of characters you can have, per scenario, based on the number of posts you had. The more active you were, the most characters you could have. But, as Wolfie accidentally revealed, that limit will be lifted. So, until the update comes live, just stick to the limit of 4. Then once the update goes live, go wild! Just remember that those character limits are for the Scenario section only.

But back on topic, welcome to EcchiDreams! It's good to see you here. Hopefully, especially when the RP changes are done, you will enjoy our RP suite. If there are any questions you have, please don't hesitate in sending me an EcchiText.

Wolfie is correct; the character limit per number of posts will no longer be a rule. That was one of the changes I was planning on announcing with the big update, but Wolfie has let that slip. Please hush, Wolfie, before you let more of my secrets out D:

Shit. I sincerely and unreservedly apologise. :(

But, as it stands at this moment in time, the character limits only apply to the Scenario roleplays. The only limit the one on one roleplaying faces is one advertisement thread per person.

The character limits were originally intended to help people slowly get into the roleplays, and also to prevent people from spamming a load of characters that they then allowed to grow inactive. As it stands at the moment, you have a limit of characters you can have, per scenario, based on the number of posts you had. The more active you were, the most characters you could have. But, as Wolfie accidentally revealed, that limit will be lifted. So, until the update comes live, just stick to the limit of 4. Then once the update goes live, go wild! Just remember that those character limits are for the Scenario section only.

So let me ask my question that will simply make things the easiest to understand for myself, personally.

https://www.ecchidreams.com/forum/18-ecchidreams-roleplays/ <-- You're saying that the link to the left is where you can only have a (current) profile maximum of four. 

Whereas.

https://www.ecchidreams.com/forum/68-roleplay-services/ <-- Here, I can have 3,295,185 profiles if I had that many RP's to use those profiles with? (Extreme over-exaggeration but it proves the point, nonetheless!)

Because (as I apologize for constantly bringing up another site which would normally be considered "competition") on the other site, people could post a thread in "Waiting Room" where it would just be a list of all the profiles they came up with. If anyone was interested in one of the said profiles, they could respond to the thread and/or PM the author of the thread to set up an RP for the desired profile. 

If my understanding is correct, then I will most likely just be here to do "One on One" roleplays. Perhaps in time, if I grow comfortable enough with the people here, I might move on to try the EcchiDream RP's, but starting off simple is best for me. 

My humble thanks for your welcoming arms! As well as to you @Wolfie

Your community seems like a really nice place to be in and I greatly look forward to RPing here. ♥

EDIT: Fixed quote box. OCD op. x3

So let me ask my question that will simply make things the easiest to understand for myself, personally.

https://www.ecchidreams.com/forum/18-ecchidreams-roleplays/ <-- You're saying that the link to the left is where you can only have a (current) profile maximum of four. 

Whereas.

https://www.ecchidreams.com/forum/68-roleplay-services/ <-- Here, I can have 3,295,185 profiles if I had that many RP's to use those profiles with? (Extreme over-exaggeration but it proves the point, nonetheless!)

As it stands at this moment in time, yes that is correct.

As one on one roleplaying is done in the privacy of EcchiText, there is no way to do any kind of moderation. So saying that there is a character/rp limit is completely pointless xD I suppose you could consider the one on one roleplaying forum as a waiting room. You post up your thread, with your rp ideas and characters. People interested in your characters/plots will contact you about roleplaying.

We try to be nice. The only times our inner evil comes out is on Halloween, but for most of the year we're pretty nice. And we generally don't bite that hard xP

We try to be nice. The only times our inner evil comes out is on Halloween, but for most of the year we're pretty nice. And we generally don't bite that hard xP

Oh that's quite alright. I bite quite hard sometimes. x3 I'm a bit of a hickey-lover. But thank you for the clarification. You all do seem very welcoming. ^_^

My thanks to you as well! It's a pleasure to be here. =)