General OOC

Okay.  The idea here is a rather open world.  Two worlds.  The ‘ordinary’ and the dream world.  There will not be a single larger story here but a bunch of small ones.  You have a lot of freedom with characters.  Some will be much more powerful than others.  But fairly few, common sense rules here.

No killing/controlling/significantly changing someone else’s characters without permission.  Respect preference sheets, when it comes to that stuff.

The ruler(s) of the dream world are not an option to play, but just about anything else is.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

The dream world is both a unified empire and yet incredibly fragmented.  Local lords (who could be any sort of being) have a great deal of power to shape their area, as far as their imagination and will allows.  Realms that can be either paradise or hellish, for those who are subjects to the lords.  These lords are playable, it just those who rule the entire dream world, who these lords answer to, who are not playable.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

You allowed me to be here, and now it's everyone's problem. : p

Jokes aside, I literally just woke up, saw this place had two of my favorite usual writers, and a most interesting background idea that seems fit for a sandbox style story with inklings of some plot. If that isn't a recipe that appeals to my tastes, I don't know what is. xD

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

I invited Chiyako too, though she has not seen it yet.  Will see if it interests her and who else joins.  It will probably be several at least semi-independent stories going on, rather than one team.  Though that may also depend on how many people play and how many characters there are.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

That's definitely fair. The call of some good wide-ranging fantasy and how the world seems to be handled came off as pretty unique. Don't have ideas that immediately jump out at me just yet, but the pot is definitely stirring to see what gets cooked up. ^^

Also I do believe/think Chiyako said she would be out for the rest of yesterday and was coming back today maybe, so there definitely might be some waiting involved. 

Also also, hi Warning. xD That's an interesting angle to see the world from, but I'd be curious to see which of your androids cones out to play here. :3 

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

Color me curious to see now. ^^ 

Part of me wants to aim to make someone just a little bit lower on the scale but able to look into a larger part of the world, but that's going to take some thinking on. Can potentially make a reason for involvement with several different styles of plot within reason, without hopefully being too intrusive on others' ideas...

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

That's a way to see it! 

Ugh, the world setting and this chatter has little gear wheels turning already but I need to see how it can be properly engaged. It's funny, you felt Dynasty Warriors, at least considering what the 'mundane' warring state world feels like. In a way, I felt more... What were those games, Nioh? Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty? I got feelings like that from it, and that's before the dream world factor plays into things (which would allow for the fantasy/supernatural elements of those settings)

I have ways to try to play around with that, but it's going to take some additional thought to see how to weave interaction in the normal world and the dream one...

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

If you knew... XD She started as a dark world character who basically hunted beasts 10 times her size and sold whatever loot she could find for pieces of meat. A light character of mine who was a mostly a pacifist with every sides liked to head to her world (And she was the only one who could because of the air that would kill literally any other light characters). And so they met and she brought her back to her side, offering her protection from her enemies in exchange of promise that she'd behave. Dragon girl speaks very little and isn't really bloodthirsty to kill anyone so that was fair to her. Then... She became an unexpected hero then world traveler then host of 7 gods' powers, making her a world destroyer and creator of her own personal realm. o.O

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

Just so we're clear. All this was done more or less against her will and never with any evil intentions. She was weaponized to fight planetary wars against godly characters and all that. But the funny part is that she always kept a kind of innocent personality anyway. All that while basically summoning a massive ball of power energy that tore through god monsters apart. Her power was seen as a universal threat by everything. Evil characters either wanted her dead or wanted her power for themselves. And despite being a natural enemy of humanity, she still did what she could to save them anyway. I think one of the most interesting things about her was that her realm was in fact a self realm where her light and dark self existed. They were expressive in the way they were. The light self being her most innocent side while her dark self contained her most perverted thoughts that her real her kept for herself.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

That's perfectly fine. : ) It's still quite an epic storyline that she followed, originally taking out creatures larger than her, punching far above her weight, and eventually coming to settle down in a place like that. If you do choose to use her here, it'll be interesting to see how she manages to acclimate to this setting for sure. My only hope is that allowing these high end characters doesn't have lasting repercussions for either world. xD

But so far, I think having the highest tiers of the rulers not being playable will hopefully function as a safe means of avoiding too much destabilization, so it'll just be a matter of seeing how those playable beneath them make the world spin, more or less. : p

Also I need to see if the normal world is meant to be interacted with at all, or if it's just a point of origin for our characters somehow...

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

Well, ironically, she did lose all of her amounted power later so she became her first self, pretty much. But she built experience. And she can transform into a large dragon beast, too. So no, she won't be a world destroyer then. She CAN use her signature ball, though. I love to call it "Rasengan" for semantic's sake. It's a ball of energy that she can cast to explode against whatever it impacts. Her dragon form can basically make a tailed beast bomb version of that. It uses a lot of energy. But yeah, if anything, she's just a very powerful creature and I am sure there is as strong if not stronger than she is. She will obviously be a dream only character unless she is somehow brought back from there to the real world like a digimon. But I dunno how that works.

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

I may not promises yet! All I have is a character idea, maybe some images, and a personality, but plotwise nothing in concrete yet, especially not before I make my first character. xD I'm leaning more fantasy than sci-fi mention for any of the ideas I have so far, but let's see how things go. :3 

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1