General OOC

My first character is up.  Though it is a character there mostly to help introduce other characters to the world.  Though I have an idea for its true nature that might be fun.  Or I may (re)use that character as one of the local rulers.

It is a fantasy world.  Though space bunny made fantasy can probably be given a place whatever else happens.  And may show up even without other bunnies to find.

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

That is surprisingly a bit helpful. It tells me that the crossover from the normal world to the one of dreams feels like it may be a one way trip. Unless there's some other matters at play. Right now it sounds a lot like once you crossover, you're in for life on the other side, at least. 

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

Me! Me! Me! Can I join? This seems like this might be a epic little story and I would like to give it a try.

i will admit that this will be a first for me, I have never really done an open rp forum before but I got years of experience with private RPs and even more years in DM for D&D so I am fairly confident that I could be competent in this.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

9 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

That is surprisingly a bit helpful. It tells me that the crossover from the normal world to the one of dreams feels like it may be a one way trip. Unless there's some other matters at play. Right now it sounds a lot like once you crossover, you're in for life on the other side, at least. 

Like I said in the description, it depends on how strongly they are connected to the world.  They can have a temporary connection that is more like an ordinary dream, that they wake up from.  But if they get too deep into it, getting out could be much harder if not impossible.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

Welcome, new player! I'm glad more can see the potential epic value of it. xD But hopefully we can manage to actually live up to those hopes. :3 

Just now, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

Like I said in the description, it depends on how strongly they are connected to the world.  They can have a temporary connection that is more like an ordinary dream, that they wake up from.  But if they get too deep into it, getting out could be much harder if not impossible.

Ooh, so it's more about just how grounded they are in their world, and how much they might feel themselves pulled to the other that may determine whether they could come and go from it, or are stuck there...

This is sounding like there's a lot of isekai potential in this, and while I'm normally not as big on that genre, it does lend itself to plenty of fun ideas and beginnings... ❤️

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/8790-general-ooc/?do=findComment&comment=151345

So I have a question, is every character born in the ‘real’ world or can they be from the dream world and make their way over to the real world?

Also who do you get that link in the post? I thought I did it correctly but apparently I didn’t 

• Love 5

Hello @SheylinHalfGoblin, a pleasure to have you!

For your first question, curious to know too, will see what Satai thinks :3 Would be cool to have some dream-exclusive characters too in my opinion

As for the second question, if you just copy paste the link as normal text and wait a moment, it should turn into this, if that's your question.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

13 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/8790-general-ooc/?do=findComment&comment=151345

So I have a question, is every character born in the ‘real’ world or can they be from the dream world and make their way over to the real world?

Also who do you get that link in the post? I thought I did it correctly but apparently I didn’t 

You mean the quote? o: There's a little button for it on the bottom of the post you want to try to quote that will make a post pop up like it did here. ^^

If that wasn't what you wanted though, I apologize. x_x

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

29 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

Welcome, new player! I'm glad more can see the potential epic value of it. xD But hopefully we can manage to actually live up to those hopes. :3 

Ooh, so it's more about just how grounded they are in their world, and how much they might feel themselves pulled to the other that may determine whether they could come and go from it, or are stuck there...

This is sounding like there's a lot of isekai potential in this, and while I'm normally not as big on that genre, it does lend itself to plenty of fun ideas and beginnings... ❤️

That was basically what Chiyako said too when she saw the club.  Not exactly what I was thinking when I made it, but I see it now.  That’s all I’ve heard from her on it though.  Not sure if she plans to join or not.  But even if she joins later, it will be easy to fit her in in this one.

16 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

They don’t all have to have been born the ‘real world’.  The ‘Judge’ I made may or may not have been.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

9 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

That was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it. I don’t know how to use the message system all that well. So I am learning as I go.

like I just learned that you can only input images from the web and not from a Google Drive which is highly annoying

We all learn as we go, so much about this message system I haven't figured out myself yet x_x

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

11 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

So I have another question from what I’m reading at the post here, so is there just one dreamworld or is there like a multiple dreamworld like different dimensions or realms? If so does that mean there’s an infinite amount of possibilities of “governments“/kingdoms”?

As I understood it, there was one dream world, unified under one overall empire. However there are multiple sub realms within said dream world, and those may feature different rulers. Following on your second question, I do believe different worlds can indeed feature different governments/kingdoms, so one controls one space/area, while another may control the neighboring space, and those possibilities are only as limited as we as players are.

That's my understanding so far though.

• Love 3
  • ^ This 1
  • Woohoo 1

Sounds complicated. Also dream world = Kirby. But seriously, I am myself confused about how this works. If we have pocket dimensions then we have short stories but that doesn't tell us much about what we can do in them. And if it's "anything" then is there a theme at all? Otherwise, color me very confused about all of this works. Because yeah, I have no idea. XD

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

All of these different areas could be different 'dreamscapes'. It would allow for a large variety of characters, one area could be more futuristic, another could be more fantastical, one could be an apocalyptic nightmare! and it'd be fun to actually let characters hop around from one place to another.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

I'm happy more have the whole idea of being able to slip their original characters into other worlds when it fits. :3 Makes me happy to see the kinds of characters that can fit! 

So far I finally think I got the idea for my first character... Just gotta figure out how to put him together for this, but he's definitely gonna go from plain human in one world to more nonhuman in the other...

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1