General OOC

Yes, everything she makes is either a mechanical item or a magical item. Anyone could use them unless I specifically make it so that only a certain person or people could use them.

So basically what it is that she has some talent, but she can’t cast spells instead she uses her magic to imitate spells in her crafting.

If you go based off D&D rules, you have to be able to cast the spell to use it. I didn’t like that so I changed it to fit. Artificers can fool the enchantment process into thinking they cast spell and still be able to achieve it. The stronger it is the better the artificer is because they were able to ’cast’ a spell that they technically can’t cast. 

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 2

Yeah, if we had to give a job to our OCs, then that would be hers she makes magical and mechanical items for money.

In fact, if you look at the photo, you see the green items that she’s wearing? That is a natural growth born from a D&D campaign.

She found a broken sword ( which is now her maker mark) and the sword was made out of a green glass like steel. And she found how to reverse engineer it. It is a glass that is as harder than steel(in some cases can be even harder than mythril) that can hold enchantments incredibly well. And depending on the sand used it turns out different colors.

It was a fun campaign because I found that at the very beginning and it was amazing. I loved it so much that I literally incorporated it into her background.

• Love 5

I wanted to check, but I think the image links broke. x_x But I know the joy and fun of having a character that has gone through games over the years and carries remnants of their growth as part of them. ❤️ I've a character like that in another game, even... Can't quite do the same with Takuya here though, he's an old character of mine but this is more of a straight up new version of him compared to old days. xD

• Love 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

I bet it has to do from the fact that I don’t have it on a website. I have it in Google Drive and then I put it on Discord and got the link from there so dam!

Does anyone have a good photo holding site that allows not safe for work stuff?

I wish I did, but after the collapse of Imgur, I haven't really found another. x_x Lemme see if I can ask some friends when I get back home later. 

• Love 4

31 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

I bet it has to do from the fact that I don’t have it on a website. I have it in Google Drive and then I put it on Discord and got the link from there so dam!

Does anyone have a good photo holding site that allows not safe for work stuff?

I believe Discord links only last 48 hours, so that's why that happened x_x

Unfortunately I can't think of any websites myself. For my OCs, I'm either lucky enough that the artists post the commissions and I snatch the twitter link, or I post them myself to have a link ^^

• Love 4

Good photo hosting website is like... Haha... Good one. Imgur used to be good but otherwise. Discord was the best until they killed that with 24h.

I used imgbb before. But a definite solid source for images? Yeeeah, it's gonna be hard to find nowadays. (We're devolving, not even evolving.)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, Gardsorm said:

Might be a tiny bit tricky to explain, mostly because I may be lacking in details Satai might have for the game. Only he can really decide how the game will begin and proceed, and I do believe he's asleep right now.

That being said, chances are:

- We'll either start more or less in the same area (which might be a bit rough if there are too many active at once)

- Reasonably spaced out (Incase some are engaging with the real world before swapping over to the dream world)

- Or given several areas to pick from for starting off scenes, and from there a few players can probably write with each other. (This might be easier for this style of game where players have wildly varying timezones, since it's terrible for anyone when they're left behind by a group. Have had it happen to me plenty of times in life. x_x )

Overall, I can't say for sure which of these types might be used, or even if Satai might do something entirely different. Since this is a sandbox, the play style might be different to the usual group roleplays I tend to join (Where usually the first or second types of starts I listed above are used). 

Three was what I was thinking.  Less structured or team focused than youths or the prison.  I would use Magical Girls as an example, but that's one that is less familiar to the group than the other two.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

I still need to do some character work. Fill in Pelintira, maybe make one or two others.  Hopefully over the weekend.  Maybe the Judge will find someone.  But this is a case where there will likely be several independent stories going on at a time, that may or may not connect at times.

• Love 5

Gardsorm dragged me over here and I have an idea for someone who went fully over to the dream, I just need to sleep and find images and actually write them up, if there's still room.

Guy was having Gender, fell into the dream exploring that, realised that 'guy' was the one part of the gender spectrum that didn't apply and went fully over to the world where they could be a cute little genderfae fairy, or if we're not dipping into the neopronouns, non-masculine they/them.

• Love 1
  • Woohoo 3

4 minutes ago, Bluenails said:

Gardsorm dragged me over here and I have an idea for someone who went fully over to the dream, I just need to sleep and find images and actually write them up, if there's still room.

Guy was having Gender, fell into the dream exploring that, realised that 'guy' was the one part of the gender spectrum that didn't apply and went fully over to the world where they could be a cute little genderfae fairy, or if we're not dipping into the neopronouns, non-masculine they/them.

Urk! Dang, right under the bus I go. xD

I couldn't help it though. >.> You were one of the first people I wrote with in Nudist Beach and you were amazing. T_T I'm gonna try to see if I can get Chiyako over here now so we can have a little reunion. :3 

Also if I didn't say it, an idea like that sounds like something right up Takuya's alley... xD

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1