Club Monitisation

So I read that: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/43-paid-club-memberships-and-other-club-improvements-r1065/ We could potentially have the option to charge other people for taking part in our clubs. Essentially we can set up a roleplay that costs $5 a month, and the person who sets up that roleplay I assume gets like 80% of the five dollars and EcchiDreams gets like 20% or something. People who join the club have to pay that club owner $5 a month.

So my question is that; does EcchiDreams plan on implementing an area where dreamers are in a position to charge (real money) from other dreamers to take part in their clubs?

"Absolutely no offense, but I personally am opposed to this... I like my roleplays to be a free experience instead of being forced to partake in my activities... I think that a better alternative to this would be a donation feature for real money instead of EcchiCredits. It would make it a lot simpler, and more beneficial to those who are wanting to help out with the growth of this wonderful community ^_^"

• Senior Staff
2 minutes ago, ShuyaHideaki said:

"Absolutely no offense, but I personally am opposed to this... I like my roleplays to be a free experience instead of being forced to partake in my activities... I think that a better alternative to this would be a donation feature for real money instead of EcchiCredits. It would make it a lot simpler, and more beneficial to those who are wanting to help out with the growth of this wonderful community ^_^"

Do you mean for people to be able to donate to EcchiDreams? Or to Dreamers?

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
2 minutes ago, ShuyaHideaki said:

"Well, I meant to EcchiDreams. It would really be beneficial to both because:"

1. The site would grow with the help of its Dreamers
  2. Dreamers get a better experience ^_^

I don't think we intend to have a feature like that, but everyone is welcome to click on a few ads every so often.
All the money we make from ads goes straight back into EcchiDreams.

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

Let me make this even clearer: We're not going to be asking our members to hand over real life money just to access the site, nor are we going to beg for donations, nor are we going to even remotely handle real life money coming through the site, and if we're not going to handle it we're not going to put that system in, at all. Honestly in this country it's harder than it's worth, and it's really not worth the headache. Because I'd have to start paying taxes on it, register EcchiDreams as a companny (And then comply to my Governments, Business Regulations) and require an accountant, and I'd need to pay everyone including myself. No thank you. Besides we like being free.

EcchiDreams for the foreseeable future has no plans in taking in any real life money at all. What keeps us going is the drive to want to provide an excellent service that people like, and the competitiveness of others that do similar things. We do make money off of ads that people click on but again we don't handle it, it never hits our bank accounts, and we use it as credit to buy adverts from the same company, so that we can advertise EcchiDreams.

Edited by Temaelrin
Ad Revenue