Shy ones

Just now, NyxAvatar69 said:

.....I make no promises about the "messaging" part.  It goes back to the "bad at introductions" part of my earlier rant.

It's Your choice I don't really mind I did say if you'd like. I understand that it's hard to start so any type of conversation and I won't Force you. Just be comfortable around here I don't mind talking here if you reply to a post and it grows. It's ok so long as your comfortable

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LycanDragon said:

It's Your choice I don't really mind I did say if you'd like. I understand that it's hard to start so any type of conversation and I won't Force you. Just be comfortable around here I don't mind talking here if you reply to a post and it grows. It's ok so long as your comfortable

Ok

On topic, I am shy as well and dislike sharing stuff publicly. I only did it a couple times. I will never really do NSFW roleplay in public either because I don't want people to read everything that I do especially when I feel that I do not do it perfectly. It will just be awkward and embarrassing for me. In the case of my social life, I had a really bad history of aggressiveness with people so I will often feel shy or rather be afraid of showing that side of me to people I want to have fun with.

I could perhaps win over it in SFW roleplay as it does not require as precise attention on details and emotions. I can easily give personality to my characters but I won't always do it in public. I'm too secretive and embarrassed to show my writing to everyone else. My characters also hold a certain importance to me so I don't really like sharing them to the world. I use specific characters made for public if I must.

1 minute ago, XenoSera said:

On topic, I am shy as well and dislike sharing stuff publicly. I only did it a couple times. I will never really do NSFW roleplay in public either because I don't want people to read everything that I do especially when I feel that I do not do it perfectly. It will just be awkward and embarrassing for me. In the case of my social life, I had a really bad history of aggressiveness with people so I will often feel shy or rather be afraid of showing that side of me to people I want to have fun with.

I could perhaps win over it in SFW roleplay as it does not require as precise attention on details and emotions. I can easily give personality to my characters but I won't always do it in public. I'm too secretive and embarrassed to show my writing to everyone else. My characters also hold a certain importance to me so I don't really like sharing them to the world. I use specific characters made for public if I must.

I know what you mean, I don't tell my friends I RP at all let alone smut. They know very little of me regarding my private life since I don't share anything a lot in my private life. 

It's hard to hide a part of yourself cause you never get to be as free as you want.

Thanks for sharing that, it takes a lot of courage. Good job

Mhm. Well, I believe it's better to say it here than elsewhere. I do not look really shy when I start losing it against people who want a piece of me but otherwise I try to be as kind as possible with people who are equally kind with me. As for smut, it's not because I am shy to reveal that I do that but more because I do not want others to see my "skills" in sexual roleplaying. I did this for decades and still feel embarrassed about showing it especially if it's not perfect.

Otherwise, I am pretty comfortable SFW wise. It depends. No real reason to be shy about a character adventuring like we'd play games. It's still difficult though because in public, we want to show a good image of ourselves and that part is not always easy to accomplish. Also Fetishes... This is one thing I'm shy about because people might think bad of me if they knew what I'm into. I like stuff I'd like to share somewhat but deep inside, I know I risk more making myself look creepy or else. One other reason I barely do public roleplay.

Publicly roleplaying is somewhat stressful for some since people are very judgmental nowadays. 

Fetishes are very much personal since they are what arouses and satisfies you. And fetishes for some are very weird, so I do understand. I never tell my friends what my fetishes are.

But yes like you when I give people a price of my mind I'm very vocal about it.

I mean, fetishes are not SO bad for some. Especially if it just involves a small thing we like but I guess it's still awkward when some people are like indeed so judgemental.
But yes, public roleplays can get very stressful. Some people ask for too much at times and I don't wanna be forced to follow silly rules. All I want is to have fun with what I can do.

There are good reasons to be shy about these kind of things. I'd like to be more open about it but I find it difficult to do so. It's a dilemma I can't find a solution for... =/

Just now, XenoSera said:

I mean, fetishes are not SO bad for some. Especially if it just involves a small thing we like but I guess it's still awkward when some people are like indeed so judgemental.
But yes, public roleplays can get very stressful. Some people ask for too much at times and I don't wanna be forced to follow silly rules. All I want is to have fun with what I can do.

There are good reasons to be shy about these kind of things. I'd like to be more open about it but I find it difficult to do so. It's a dilemma I can't find a solution for... =/

Yeah, it is hard to be open regarding topics likes these... You never know what will they say or whether they accept it.

Rules for rp and demands are annoying sometimes because you want to make a story without and expectations with your partner and like you said you want to have fun so by giving rules that restricts you of your imagination really sucks sometimes.

Yeeeah. I did like unlimited roleplay with a friend for over a decade, never had issues if not that our ideas sometimes sucked so we just erased it and restarted but it was fun. ED is a bit new to me but I try to stick to my ideals anyway. This is why I get difficult at times but otherwise, things go pretty easy. Some roleplays I saw put WAY too much restrictions on the roleplayer and it killed my fun entirely so I just gave up. I don't want the roleplay to decide 75% of what my character should do and have, this isn't fun at all. =/

Yeah that takes away the fun sometimes when they go that. I'm adaptable so if my partner says I want you to be rougher or they tell me how they Like it while we rp I adapt to it but it doesn't change my character at all my personality and my preferences stay the same. Just the execution is different

Well, I have a definite personality for my characters depending on which I use. Some roleplays had me choose a certain fitting personality for a roleplay so I chose a fitting character in consequence. I cannot and won't make a character behave differently than they should just because someone would need something different from me. They will have to deal with it. Besides, roleplaying with different characters is like meeting with strangers... You don't get to decide how they behave with you. Even the hierarchy can't change that. Someone can be your "boss" but your character can still either be obedient or hate rules and act the way they want while still following orders. It's an amusing thing I found that makes things special when using certain characters. At the end, it always worked with my friend so I don't see why it would not work elsewhere. :3

Mhm, this is what I mean. But it's hard to use them right if I am restricted on some manners. Especially if a character of mine is supposed to be strong but someone decides that I should be weak. And it's like no? Deal with it. Of course I don't mean godmode strong but some characters are just powerful adorable things. There are always ways to make it so it keeps the stories interesting. I actually miss doing these nice roleplays... It feels so nostalgic...

Unfortunately I haven't roleplayed enough to see that but there was one guy who told me my character (from one of my stories) which was powerful but still had weaknesses shouldn't be like that and that I should be God moding but I find that boring so I don't do it. I didn't even reply to that person because it wasn't even criticism it was just him saying he didn't like it because it wasn't in godmode

3 minutes ago, XenoSera said:

In those games, it goes even beyond that. They usually get captured or etc by some evil character. At times of epic battles, they could even join with characters to fight them.

Or some big plot event happens and they lose their powers/have them stolen by the main antagonist.

...not to say that all villains have some kind of god complex or something.

Edited by NyxAvatar69