Shy ones

I don't know about you guys. But I'm a shy individual and I can't roleplay with groups.

One: I'm very shy and would normally just watch as everyone roleplays

Two: I can't follow the flow.

I'm fine with one on ones and regular chats but I am very shy and I wanna make a group where those who are new (like me) or are shy to just chat amongst ourselves and try to overcome that. 

Reply here or message me if you are a shy individual and want someone to relate to. 

Edited by LycanDragon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mildly shy in real life, as in I appear kinda closed off at first. Buy once I open up I can have a good time. Usually some liquid courage helps me do that.

On the computer however, I am master of the universe and you all exist merely for my entertainment! Dance you amusing peons! Dance for your master! Buwahahaha!!!!

Ahem...

What I mean to say is, we have a pretty awesome community here, I hope you get to see that and you start to get more comfortable with us! In my entire time here, I think only one person has ever made me angry and it was because of their treatment of other people.

Anyways, glad to have you! I hope you enjoy yourself!

Shy Dreamer reporting in. xP 

Yes, I can relate to the points you mentioned in the starting post of this thread,
@LycanDragon.

For me personally, I get social anxiety pretty badly IRL, and just, yeah, I don't really talk much. >.< I'm better online, although I can still sometimes face challenges, such as group chats/chatrooms (ie Discord servers). One-on-one chats however? I can be quite the chatterbox sometimes! xD

There's nothing saying that you have to participate in group Roleplays, or even public Roleplays, heck, you don't even have to Roleplay at all! There are some users who don't Roleplay yet are a part of EcchiDreams, and that is completely fine. Don't feel pressured to do anything that you don't want to do. :3

If you ever want to talk one-on-one, I'd be happy to have a chat with you sometime or maybe even start up a Roleplay with you. ^^

Here's something I should've addressed at the beginning.

Starting A conversation!!! 

How many of us here find it hard to start a conversation? Both IRL and behind a Screen.

Now conversations are hard to start when you are with strangers but who finds also challenging to begin with friends and family? There are times where I struggle like that because I just can't find the words or the timing to start. Mine are simple.

Now over the screen it's even more difficult because you never know when that person is on. Or if you do know you won't know if they are free to talk or even want to! Taking RP for an example people will message or contact a person to rp but how many of you hesitated because you thought "They might not want to." I know my head does that. If you try you have a chance to be either embarrassed or get a partner/friend; if you don't try the other two won't happen.

Now are these your problems? I know that those are mine. Starting a conversation is so difficult over the screen that I sometimes I think to myself I should've just stayed in my hole. I don't know anyone else feel this way?

5 minutes ago, LycanDragon said:

Here's something I should've addressed at the beginning.

Starting A conversation!!! 

How many of us here find it hard to start a conversation? Both IRL and behind a Screen.

Now conversations are hard to start when you are with strangers but who finds also challenging to begin with friends and family? There are times where I struggle like that because I just can't find the words or the timing to start. Mine are simple.

Now over the screen it's even more difficult because you never know when that person is on. Or if you do know you won't know if they are free to talk or even want to! Taking RP for an example people will message or contact a person to rp but how many of you hesitated because you thought "They might not want to." I know my head does that. If you try you have a chance to be either embarrassed or get a partner/friend; if you don't try the other two won't happen.

Now are these your problems? I know that those are mine. Starting a conversation is so difficult over the screen that I sometimes I think to myself I should've just stayed in my hole. I don't know anyone else feel this way?

It heavily, heavily depends on the topic.  If it's related to games I like (let me tell you, I can go on and on about series I like such as Danganronpa or Persona) or something that interests me (which isn't much, to be honest), I can get into a conversation, whether it's IRL or behind a screen.  However, more often than not, and especially since my range of conversation topics is fairly limited, I kinda just stay in the shadows.  As you probably saw before, when it comes to situations when I don't exactly have a good response, my go to answers tend to be short answers like "yes" or "I see" or just type nothing for an hour and then give some short response any person would've likely given in less than 30 seconds.

As for friends, I have no IRL friends and the few I do have online, I talk to on the occasion.  I'm no good at starting conversations, so they tend to message me first.  Even a friend I've known since, I believe 2012 or so, I can't exactly remember, but I met him on a Mario Kart Wii forum, and even though we've been friends for a long time, I'm normally never the one to start a conversation.  Even in calls, I tend to be quiet until the time to talk comes.  As for family, I just ignore them when I can.  Plain and simple, I do my own thing.  When I do have to talk to them, it's pretty awkward most of the time due to my lack of good social skills.

And yes, I do hesitate when contacting a person for an RP.  I'm bad with introductions and always think "my preference for story driven RPs will likely scare them away" and other such self negativity that I just kinda...don't contact people for RPs unless they approach me.  Even then, it goes right back to the awkward short answers and spending ten minutes thinking of how to reply.  Don't even get me started on when I actually do manage to get an RP started and face the infamous writer's block.  Then I eventually get sidetracked with Twitch streams, YouTube videos, and My Hero Academia's new episodes on Saturdays, and then forget to reply because writer's block already took me into the alley and tried to sell me shady magazines before throwing me into a truck heading for a boat to a deserted island called "The Island for Victims of Writer's Block."

Um...anyway, sorry for the rant.  I did answer the questions, though.

3 minutes ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

It heavily, heavily depends on the topic.  If it's related to games I like (let me tell you, I can go on and on about series I like such as Danganronpa or Persona) or something that interests me (which isn't much, to be honest), I can get into a conversation, whether it's IRL or behind a screen.  However, more often than not, and especially since my range of conversation topics is fairly limited, I kinda just stay in the shadows.  As you probably saw before, when it comes to situations when I don't exactly have a good response, my go to answers tend to be short answers like "yes" or "I see" or just type nothing for an hour and then give some short response any person would've likely given in less than 30 seconds.

As for friends, I have no IRL friends and the few I do have online, I talk to on the occasion.  I'm no good at starting conversations, so they tend to message me first.  Even a friend I've known since, I believe 2012 or so, I can't exactly remember, but I met him on a Mario Kart Wii forum, and even though we've been friends for a long time, I'm normally never the one to start a conversation.  Even in calls, I tend to be quiet until the time to talk comes.  As for family, I just ignore them when I can.  Plain and simple, I do my own thing.  When I do have to talk to them, it's pretty awkward most of the time due to my lack of good social skills.

And yes, I do hesitate when contacting a person for an RP.  I'm bad with introductions and always think "my preference for story driven RPs will likely scare them away" and other such self negativity that I just kinda...don't contact people for RPs unless they approach me.  Even then, it goes right back to the awkward short answers and spending ten minutes thinking of how to reply.  Don't even get me started on when I actually do manage to get an RP started and face the infamous writer's block.  Then I eventually get sidetracked with Twitch streams, YouTube videos, and My Hero Academia's new episodes on Saturdays, and then forget to reply because writer's block already took me into the alley and tried to sell me shady magazines before throwing me into a truck heading for a boat to a deserted island called "The Island for Victims of Writer's Block."

Um...anyway, sorry for the rant.  I did answer the questions, though.

What an amazing response. And everything you just said is true, irl I may know names but I won't know them personally so if they strike a conversation I freeze.

Topics are easy to discuss I love anime and it's.gotten to the point I've become a library for my friends to check anime names. They show me a picture and I tell them the name. So anything not anime or game related I can't respond to as well. But I tend to lose confident online more than irl.

But yes it is difficult and we put ourselves down when contact people because our mind tells us that our actions our preferences and more may not actually match or they just don't want to talk to us.

Amazing response, don't worry if it's long I'm glad you did share that much

9 minutes ago, LycanDragon said:

What an amazing response. And everything you just said is true, irl I may know names but I won't know them personally so if they strike a conversation I freeze.

Topics are easy to discuss I love anime and it's.gotten to the point I've become a library for my friends to check anime names. They show me a picture and I tell them the name. So anything not anime or game related I can't respond to as well. But I tend to lose confident online more than irl.

But yes it is difficult and we put ourselves down when contact people because our mind tells us that our actions our preferences and more may not actually match or they just don't want to talk to us.

Amazing response, don't worry if it's long I'm glad you did share that much

Then tell me...have you seen Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak?  Because it's the only anime ever to bring me to despair (and keep in mind I played Danganronpa 2 before watching it, so I did a bad and got attached to a certain character).

Danganronpa likes to kill your favorite characters, so pro tip, don't get attached, just like how I got attached to Sayori when I played Doki Doki Literature Club for the first time.

I have watched the Danganronpa 3 animes and I have played DDLC I never got attached to anyone in particualr in DDLC. In Danganronpa I got attached Kirigiri and class 77 I got attached to Hinata, but class 77 I feel got off quite easy as suppose to the FF and class 78 prior. Everyone is alive no one had really died and Kamakura is technically no longer existent so I feel its unfair that the FF suffered as much as it while class 77 only lost Nanami, but the despair side really put Nanami's death as a huge impact on the events that happens next and Hinata's desire for talent up front, so those two were the highlight of the despair side for class 77 that is.

I'm not saying that class 77 should all die but it seemed that they were left to go away freely in a boat while Naegi and the others have to find ways to give people hope again.

DDLC was different I played the game but I didn't get attached to anyone in particular because I played it blind so I didn't know whether there was a romantic route so I tried to get approval from all the girls. 

29 minutes ago, LycanDragon said:

I have watched the Danganronpa 3 animes and I have played DDLC I never got attached to anyone in particualr in DDLC. In Danganronpa I got attached Kirigiri and class 77 I got attached to Hinata, but class 77 I feel got off quite easy as suppose to the FF and class 78 prior. Everyone is alive no one had really died and Kamakura is technically no longer existent so I feel its unfair that the FF suffered as much as it while class 77 only lost Nanami, but the despair side really put Nanami's death as a huge impact on the events that happens next and Hinata's desire for talent up front, so those two were the highlight of the despair side for class 77 that is.

I'm not saying that class 77 should all die but it seemed that they were left to go away freely in a boat while Naegi and the others have to find ways to give people hope again.

DDLC was different I played the game but I didn't get attached to anyone in particular because I played it blind so I didn't know whether there was a romantic route so I tried to get approval from all the girls. 

I didn't get off easy.  Chiaki was my favorite character, and the way they *censored for spoilers in case anyone reading this hasn't watched DR3* was just...brutal.  I mean, the only character out of the 77th class I absolutely hated was Hiyoko.  I did every character's free time events in Danganronpa 2 back when my Vita wasn't being a jerk, and out of all of them, Hiyoko's hardly did anything to redeem her character in my eyes.  Even Toko got character growth in Ultra Despair Girls and now she's not on my short list of "Danganronpa characters I don't like" anymore.

...Whoops, I kinda veered the topic into some other direction.