Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Kalvoras Vertal

What is Your Favorite Video Game Genre?

What is Your Favorite Video Game Genre?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Video Game Genres:

• Platform
    • Shooter
    • Fighting
    • Stealth
    • Survival
    • Rhythm
    • Survival Horror
    • Metroidvania
    • Adventure (Text, graphic adventures, visual novels, interactive movies, real-time 3D adventures)
    • RPG (Action, MMO, Roguelikes, Tactical, Sandbox, First Person/Party-based, Cultural Differences, Choices, Fantasy)
    • Simulation (Construction, Life, Vehicles)
    • Strategy (RTS, RTT, MMO, MOBA, Tower Defense, Turn-Based Strategy, Turn-Based Tactics, Wargame)
    • Sports (Racing, Sports Games, Competitive, Sports-Based Fighting)
    • Other (MMO, Casual, Party Games, Programming Games, Logic Games, Trivia Games, Board/Card Games)
    • I don't have a favorite genre, and I will play any kind of game if it appeals to me

Kalvoras Vertal

"Just wondering, so that everyone knows what kinds of games everyone likes so that they can possibly find something that they have in common :P"

Edited by Kalvoras Vertal

Sunstone

My favourite types of games are platformer games! Especially the simple ones where you just mindlessly run and jump and collect stuff. 😝 I also don't mind a puzzle game every now and then.

• Love 1

NyxAvatar69

Mostly visual novels and RPGs,  I like the occasional platformer and party game, but shooters are iffy for me.  I'm not big on most of them outside the first three Halo games and the BioShock games.  As for strategy, the only games involving actual strategy I've ever played are Pikmin 1 and 3 (I never played or owned a copy of Pikmin 2) and the Fire Emblem series.

The short version is I like games with a good story or likeable characters.  If there's both, then that's just an added bonus (looking at you, Persona 4)

• Haha 1

Commander Leafers

I enjoy them all, really. But, if I had to pick, it would be RPG.