City of Sunveil

Hiro intently listened at her words, seeming intrigued, but ultimately it's not a big discovery. He nods along her words. "Ah, I see. Hopefully you're able to find out more in the future, then. I would help, if I knew how to, since it seems like finding out about your past is one of your goals. I know that it's a sensitive topic too, so rather not continue it further." He says with a relaxed smile, easily moving on from the topic as they finally reach the large and colorful ferris wheel. Obviously still holding onto her hand gently, he gives the man running the whole thing some money, only for him to get tickets, then he gives the tickets to another man who breaks them up and allows Hiro and Yoko into one of the cabins, though they needed to be a little swift as the ferris wheel very slowly kept moving on and on. Of course, Hiro helped Yoko in any way possible in case she needed assistance to get into the cabin, but once in, they sit down, with Hiro next to Yoko of course and still holding hands with her. The wheel moved very slowly, so there was time until they got to the very top. He looks around a little, before his eyes land on Yoko. There was silence, but unless Yoko breaks it, it's Hiro that breaks it. "It's been a nice first few months in Ironclaw. I hope you enjoyed it, too. I met certainly a lot of great monsters, which is something I didn't expect."

"Yeah, I think that it will. It comes in minor glimpses and impressions here and there and in various ways. I am not sure what might trigger them or if they emerge just on their own. It honestly feels nice to have someone I can talk to about it....so thank you, Hiro", she says with a bit more warmth in her voice and gently squeezes his hand in her own. The zombie watches closely as the boy to see how the whole ticket to ride exchange goes on, in case she needs to do the same at some point. It seems rather simple, so hopefully not an issue if she were to do the same act. She moves as fast as she can, so they can enter the ride and soon enough she is sitting here with Hiro as the ferris wheel slowly moves around. Yoko nods whilst he speaks before then replying back herself."Yeah, it has been. It has been an overall really nice and interesting time and I am sure there is much more to come too! What did you expect though....?".

• Love 1

Hiro blushes at the sudden squeeze on his hand, since he was focused on listening to what she was saying, not the actual handholding, but as soon as she does that, he tightens his grip a little bit too, smiling in return. "You're most certainly welcome, Yoko! You can talk to me about pretty much anything, because we've been friends in a while and, personally, I trust you." He says. It's an odd thing to mention, but then again he probably said it out loud because he thinks Yoko might not really be too accustomed about the whole friendship thing, especially being friends and being close to a human. It goes deeper than putting two and two together, but it takes time to learn everything properly. The ferris wheel continues to move upwards, at the speed of a snail, the cabin rumbling a slight bit which causes Hiro to shiver slightly, so he scoots a bit closer to Yoko, though it's almost as if he himself doesn't know that he did that. He heard her words nonetheless and casually responds to her. "Honestly, I expected it to go much worse. I expected to get bullied and harassed by some monsters, purely because I already knew back then that some can be scary and have bad intentions, or at least use their powers for bad intentions, but none of that happened. It's not to paint monsters in a bad light, of course! By now, I've changed my mind. I think everything and everyone is nice... and without ever meeting you, I probably wouldn't have this much courage." He looks at her as he speaks, but the end he looks off to the side again, the blush on his cheeks deepening a little. Nonetheless, he keeps a warm smile on his face.

The ever so slightly bumping ride does not seem to really affect Yoko, if she even notices it in the first place. She doesn't have much to add about the topic of trust, so she simply nods enough so the boy can notice it and be aware of her listening. Whilst she enjoys the conversation happening, she also takes her time and focus on the lovely view from here as she can see over the town more and more, the higher their cabin goes."I can't say I fully blame you....but it does sound like something or someone very much gave you a rough impression. Thankfully, reality is nothing like that. I am glad that I could do that for you, of course and I am glad you are able to make things much easier for me as well", she says in a semi warm tone of voice.

• Like 1

As long as Yoko is happy, Hiro is happy. He appreciates her reply on how he was able to make things easier for her, making him blush a little bit more. "I'm glad you feel that way!" He says so, then remains silent for a little while, making sure to allow a silent moment to happen as the wheel continues to rotate, with them going upwards and very slowly reaching the top. After each cabin reaches the top, the wheel stops for about twenty seconds, just so whoever is sitting in a cabin can embrace the view, but they're not exactly there just yet. Killing the silence once again, Hiro goes on to talk about something. "Say... What is your view on romance? I remember a while back you mentioned that as a zombie you can still have a partner you live your life with." It's an odd conversation topic, but he doesn't seem embarrassed about it, so maybe he thinks nothing of it. Back in the day they had a small argument, when Hiro thought he was making things right by trying to look for ways to change Yoko, though since then he has accepted her the way she is and didn't try to look for ways to have her be able to taste food and such. During that small argument, it came into topic, so Yoko definitely knows something about it, but how much exactly?

The cabin is moving slow enough for them to have a proper and private conversation, which seems to be something that was on Hiro's mind. The topic once more moves to something they have sort of touched upon before, but it was not exactly turning well last time. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be the same type of vibe or tone this time, making it easier for the zombie woman to get her mood affected by. It seems much more mellow and reconciling with what she expressed last time. She does her best to give a smile that is visible behind her parchment, to show she appreciates the different approach."Well...yes, being undead doesn't stop that from being...well..an option..", she says with a light blush and pauses for a second before going on,"....anywayyyy...uhhmm..well, I guess I would like to get romantic sometime...if I don't weird them out or something like that", she goes on.

Hiro wonders about something for just a moment there but he has kept his ear open for Yoko's response, as this topic was very much important, or so it seemed. The same light blush the zombie woman had just now also grows on the human boy's cheeks, staying there almost permanently. All of a sudden, he blurts out a response. "You don't weird me out." Whether that was intended or not, he reacts to it with widened eyes and a deeper blush, turning away from her for a moment in slight embarrassment before slowly turning his head back. It's almost as if he tries explaining himself, but very slightly turns the conversation a different way. "I mean, you know... For humans, romance is pretty important. See, I..." He struggles to speak a little, before sighing. "I guess there's no point hiding it, for a while now I've been feeling strange and warm around you, and I had no clue how to explain without it sounding weird or potentially weirding you out. I also never expected to feel like that around a monster in my life, but here we go." The blush just deepens on his cheeks as he frowns, given up trying to hide secrets. "It's really the first time I ever felt like this towards anyone in my life, and honestly, I don't find it weird that I'm a human and you're a zombie, so, I'm sorry if it's too weird for you..." He remains silent, looking away from her at the end and stares forward, which grants him a brief view of the beautiful sky and some tall buildings before the view is obstructed by another cabin. He makes sure to hear her out though, if she were to say anything. That's a lot to drop onto someone.

The zombie girl can sense that this is something rather important to Hiro and thus allows him to fully and properly tell and explain what is on his mind. She is not exactly the kind of person who is best at spotting and recognizing something like what he is telling her, but even she can more easily tell what he is conveying as he goes on. However, some things makes her feel conflicted about the whole thing, but nothing about is really about their difference in being human and monster. She does her best to try and come up with the best way to explain things on her end once he is done and she has a chance to respond.

Whilst he spoke, her own face kept the faint, but still present red blush of her own. She is not really sure where to look or what to do with her body, so she simply keeps still and try to not stare at him."Hiro...I have felt it too. Even though I am undead...I am not entirely without emotion and such...it just comes across more...subdued, if that makes sense. I actually do feel the same as you....but what makes it hard for me, is more about my missing past memories. I mean...you may like me as I am now.....but...but what if something really bad should come up from my past life...or lives...that may make you see me....differently? What if...a different person should surface...?", she says, shaking a bit.

• Love 1

Hiro turns his head back to Yoko as soon as she starts talking, making sure to listen to everything that she had to say. It was a mouthful for sure, but because she's a little slower than others, she needed more time, which Hiro had plenty. He kept holding onto her hand, tightening it a little bit after hearing her words out to the fullest, before bringing it up a little so that it's in front of them as they hold onto each others hand.

"Yoko... I know your past is important to you, and... I want you to find more out about it as much as you do... Whatever that may be, I don't think I will dislike you because of it, even if it's bad... You will be indifferent to me, because the only you I've seen, and been close to, and got to know, was the current you, and if it turns out you were a bad person or something in your past life, I will not see you differently." He shifts himself in his seat with slow movements, so that he can turn his body a little, let go of her hand if allowed and wrap them around her to bring her close into lively warmth that somehow she is also able to feel and produce, when around him. Basically, he's hugging her, carefully so that he doesn't move her hat or parchment. "Now I don't... I don't know how all of this works, but... I don't think it will change who you are currently, if you find out more about your past. Who you are right now is always going to be the one I like, but whoever you were, is someone I will accept no matter what..." He spoke softly to try and ease her concerns, albeit being a little pensive, it's not in the bad way. The wheel continues to move ever so slowly, letting them embrace this moment.

As they talk like this, the cabin on the ferris wheel is nearing the top and surprisingly enough, there seems to be a fireworks display happening close by, lighting up the sky in nice, vivid and pretty colours and soft explosions. Yoko still listens closely despite this happening in the sky. Whilst she is still not sure if he would feel the same way if she turned into a different person when more memories returned, she can tell that he is quite genuine in his words."That is sweet of you to say and think. Still, you or I cannot predict if I turn out to be like someone else...but if you there along the way, perhaps it will be better...", she says with a lightly cheery and hopeful tone.

Hiro remains seated and quiet for a moment only to listen to what Yoko has to say in response, keeping up the cheery tone with a nod and a smile, whilst continuing to hug her. "It's alright, there is no need to... rush anything, there's plenty of time to figure everything out... For now, I'm just glad you feel the same... but I'll say, I have... never really done this before, so if I do something that might seem weird, well, being inexperienced has bad traits..." He chuckles a little nervously, before letting go of the zombie girl, simply remaining seated next to her and waiting for the ride to be over, but that's still some ways to go, so he breaks the silence to ask something. "Want to... take a picture? Seems like a nice place to do so." He comments and eagerly waits her answer, already holding his own phone in his other hand.

The moment, thankfully, seems to go by in a positive manner and with both of them feeling well about it as well. She is not really used to giving hugs, but she does the best she can. So while it may feel a bit awkward for the receiving end, Hiro, there is still a sense of Yoko seeking to give it back. There is an ever so faint sensation of warmth emitting from her body as well."I am glad to hear...it's not like we are in a hurry anyway. I can't say...how well I can express stuff that is barely being felt. So just feeling any sort of emotion is pretty new to me as well...and yes. a picture would make a good thing to have to remember things here by...", she says, her voice still lightly chipper.

"In case you want someone's opinion, I think you've been doing pretty well in terms of improving yourself and showing emotion. It's not something one would expect from a zombie, that's for sure, but you're no regular zombie!" Hiro exclaims with a smile, before holding up the phone with his left hand, raising it up with the screen facing them, and them being able to see themselves in the phone because he's going for a selfie. He then slides his right hand casually from behind Yoko's waist to pull her a little close, smiling warmly at it. "Say cheese!" He says, even though Yoko maybe doesn't know what that expression is. He grins as he stares into the camera, then presses the button once Yoko also smiles, snapping a picture of them. He retracts the phone and puts on the picture to look at it, and let Yoko look at it as well. Hiro chuckles as he looks at it. "Look at you, you're adorable!" He mentions, without even thinking that it might be weird or anything of the sort.

Yoko doesn't seem to mind the physical contact of his arm around her waist as she scoots closer yet. Pictures and phones and generally modern technology is pretty new to her (her video machine is even just a VHS one), so she still has to remind herself of how this sort of thing works. She does feel flattered to be called special, even if it was said in an indirect manner. As the phone gets positioned and she is told to say 'cheese' - why cheese though? - she does her best to smile, but thankfully the current situation helps quite a bit on that part. It still looks rather new for her as the photo snaps a more medium sized smile on her face."Ohhh, thanks...you are too. Though I did think it would be like in one of those photo booths...you know...like in the mall", she says and gently presses against him with her body, her smile still there.

Hiro appreciates the closure she's giving him, the cabin still going slowly downwards as they're still a little high within the ferris wheel. He chuckles at Yoko's assumptions, pocketing his phone and waving his hand side to side in a dismissive fashion. "Oh, no, this just simply takes a picture and stays there forever, but if you want, I can turn it into an actual picture with a frame that can be placed on a nightstand or something? Would you... like something like that? I mean, wouldn't it be odd to just have a picture of yourself and a random classmate laying around in your dorm?" He questions, chuckling once again this time a bit more softly, still keeping her close as he doesn't even realize it at this point, perhaps he just really likes the closure and the strange hugging, of course he himself still smiling at it all. It's truly a shame that the parchment hanging from her hat has to be there, since it's usually in the way and it's more difficult to view her face that way, but it's not something that Hiro will openly complain about.

Even past her parchment a small puzzled face appears as he makes the comment about the random classmate. She is not sure if he is fishing for something or not, but decides to explain further anyway."Uhhmmm...random classmate? What are you saying? Didn't you just...kind of...confess to me? Or was that not....it?", she says, her voice sounding fairly uncertain and confused. There is still some time left on the ride for them to go, making it possible for him to answer her before they need to get off once more.

Hiro too seems a little confused as to why she's confused, but he chuckles it off and shakes his head. "What? No, I mean- yeah, that was it, I was just making a small joke and thought you might find it odd to have a picture of yourself and me in your room! It's not an everyday occurrence, that's why, it's nothing to bash at you or myself." He blushes deeply before chuckling once again this time in a slightly embarrassed manner as it seems the joke didn't land.

Yoko was not aware of that being a joke, which makes a bit embarrassed."Ohhh...my bad. I am not always the best to spot humourous comments and jokes. Still, I think it would make a more natural and nice picture in this other fashion...and we can have one in our wallet even...I mean...if you don't mind me doing that", she says and even leans slightly more against him on the ride, whilst it is slowly turning downwards."Oh right...anything else you want to do after we get off the ride? There must be plenty of stuff to do here we can have fun with....right?", she asks further before letting him fully give response to her.

"That sounds... like a good idea, actually." He slowly starts speaking up again, referring to the picture in wallet idea, chuckling to himself in a little embarrassed manner. "Can certainly make that happen." He adds, before she moves on briefly to ask something about the ride and what more they could do on it, since there's still a little bit left. He thinks about something, a blush forming on his cheeks. He doesn't mind the closure, in fact he's returning it as well, by leaning against her a little. "There is, actually... b-but, I am not sure if that's something we should... do, yet. I'm sure you're aware of kissing? People who like each other tend to do that, but usually not... on the first date, if that makes sense!" He chuckles again, his cheeks beet red as he rubs the back of his head for a moment. The tone for this is surely set, since the place looks beautiful, the moment is peaceful and they're certainly alone up there, but it's more of a "take it or leave it" opportunity. Either way, Hiro is patient and good enough to wait out what she might say in response to all that.

"I got the idea...seeing some of the other girls in class also have one of...you know...someone special in there", she says and her blush deepens as this is so very new for her to speak of and she has trouble really looking at him directly as well. She fiddles a bit with her fingers to try and not look embarrassed, but which is probably doing the opposite in fact. As he mentions the bit about dates and kissing and such her face turns almost as red as a real human being would."Ohhh..ohh...I..I meant...you know...like what you do here...at this...place...uhhmm...", she stutters out, trying to be more clear.

Once again it would seem that Hiro misunderstood Yoko in a way, but it only creates a cute situation between them since Hiro, too, blushes deeply after he realizes what she meant, even widening his eyes. It would be nice if these two would understand each other better, but it's no complaint to make a cute blunder like this one every now and then, because it's not that awkward, at least not in a negative way. "Ahh...oh, u- uhm... yeah, I k- knew that! Uhhh... well... apart from eating and drinking, sometimes people c- come here to celebrate holidays, others do it for the enjoyment found in... these scary and fast rides, as well as this one that we're currently on, or some people just here to buy souvenirs, gifts for others, or try their luck at one of the stands that I tried." He chuckles, but this time less embarrassed, reminiscing a little bit about the situation. "That's... honestly it, really, some people come here to just... hang out with their friends, it's open daily but usually it's packed with people when something important in the world is going on, like Christmas, or New Years eve." He adds, shrugging.

Yoko still has seen and experienced very little at the amusement part, so she can only really trust what the boy tells her about it. She listens as he explains further about this sort of place whilst the cabin slowly eases down towards the ground once more, making them have to get off fairly soon."Oh, I see. Uhmm...where should we go after the ride? What do you think would be fun?", she asks, as she has no suggestions to give on her own due to her lack of experience.

• Like 1

Hiro hears out what she asks him and he wonders about it for just a moment. "I mean, I'm not sure... There's plenty of things to try out, but most of it consists of souvenir buying and candy eating. And fast rides, of course, but... If you want, I'm willing to try out a fast rollercoaster ride with you, at least... at least I won't be alone on it." He murmurs, albeit a little nervously, he chuckles at the end and seems pretty content in trying a rollercoaster out as long as someone else joins him.

The cabin is very close to the ground finally with Hiro's words marking the moment before it finally comes to a halt below and the ride ends for the two of them."I am sure we will have a good time in any case...I am just glad we get to spend time together and try out something new", she says before rising from her seat and grasping a hand of his, leading them both out and eager to witness more of this place. The zombie girl mostly forgetting that there are a lot of people out there, so she acts pretty normally for her.

• Like 1

The human boy, too, almost forgets that there's people around them, as he mostly focuses on the zombie girl that is so eager to be so close to him, which is something he finds adorable. "Yeah, I do agree with that... We can try out one of the rides, but please, do e- excuse me, if I start seeming sick all of a sudden on it." He chuckles it off, rubbing his forehead a little with his hand that isn't occupied with holding onto Yoko's hand, seeming a little cautious about how this whole rollercoaster ride is going to go, but he is showing much more courage about it than before, that's for sure. Seeing as he knows the place better than she does, Hiro takes the lead and very slowly, to accommodate her pacing, he leads her to one of the rollercoasters that can be seen from the distance already. It's definitely a great sight, but with how fast it is, and people screaming on it as the cart passes by, it does make Hiro gulp. First things first, they need to get the tickets for it. Hiro stands there, looking up at the ride briefly. "I think... This is the one that doesn't go too fast, or too slow. It looks fun!" He adds.