Hello All

Hello everyone,

Thought I would post a friendly introduction here, since I just joined up with the this site. Since I was 18, I use to spend a lot of time on other role-play forums like Gaia Online and a group friends and I used to run a weekly game for the World of Darkness that fell apart. Finally decided after the whole COVID fiasco that I would get back into storytelling and role-playing, which directed me here. I am generally pretty open to any genre or character ideas simple hit me up in a message or if I am in a public club stop in to interact with the character I have. 

As for a little about me, I am your generic computer geek and gamer, which I sadly have to use an Xbox for gaming since my gaming rig went out on me. If I am not online or gaming, I am usually stuck at work dealing with tech support issues. Otherwise I am out helping with an animal rescue that I help assist with for pet adoption, which was placed on hiatus due to recent events.

Hello DrMender! ^^ Welcome to EcchiDreams! It's good to see you here with us in our roleplaying community! 🙂 I had a read of your introduction post and it does appear you have a fair bit of roleplaying experience, which is nice. 😌 I hope you'll be able to settle in here nicely and find some partners to get into some creative RPing with~! 

And yayyy a fellow geek gamer~ ^///^ What are your favourite games to play? :3 Lately I've been playing a lot of Terraria, and I need to get into Fall Guys ASAP but haven't been able to yet. xD Also that's really sweet that you've volunteered to help at an animal rescue shelter. 😊 Do you have a favourite animal in particular? For me it's birds. I love my birbs. ^v^ 🐦 💖

If you're looking for some ways to get started here and become familiarised with what we offer and our do's and don'ts, I would recommend checking out the Welcome Pack written by the Community Administrators, which you can read here!

If you need a helping hand with anything, or want to ask any questions, you're more than welcome to write to a staff member (our names are in 
purple!) and a full list of us can be found here.

And with that, I wish you all the best. Take care, and Happy Dreaming! 🌻

I appreciate the welcome and I have already joined the club Sweet Treat Island that should be interesting, which I shall also look into posting something in the public group later been a long night at work. As for experience, I have a fair bit of experience in different formats and genres since I started almost 10 years ago. As for my favorite game, I have recently gotten into Hearts of Iron 4 modded an RTS, but I am pretty open when it comes to games. My two all time favorites are Overlord and Mass Effect series as I found the stories amusing on them. I've played Terraria a lot of Terraria as well and found the recent updates along with some of the mods out there to be interesting.

It was a happenstance of helping my roommate at the time with running events for the rescues as both of my pets are rescues. As for my favorite animal its the one animal I wont get any time so do to restrictions on the owning process for the Fennec Fox, which I love those little guys and a close second is the red panda. Although it is alwasy pretty to watch the birds around the bird feeder and if I had a favorite bird it would be the humming bird. Lastly, I do appreciate the links to the other parts of the forum and I have already read those forum sections to familiarize myself with the information.

That's good to see! And, you're welcome too~. ^^ No pressure to post anything immediately, take your time! That's an impressive amount of experience, and it goes to show quite a bit of passion and dedication to Roleplaying as a hobby/interest! 😃 In comparison, I've only been Roleplaying since I joined EcchiDreams... so nearly four years. I still have a while to go before I can say I've been in the Roleplay scene for a whole decade. 😅

I haven't heard of Hearts of Iron before, that's a new name to me. Interesting! I ~have~ heard of Overlord and Mass Effect, but haven't played those either. >.> I'm mostly into games like Terraria, as well as other platformers and puzzle games. n_n It's been so awesome to get to play the latest updates for that game recently.

Ah, I see~. And I had a feeling your favourite animal was going to be a fox based on your profile picture. 😊 🦊 They are adorable and I wish I could see one with my own eyes someday~. 

Glad the links and additional info was of some use to you! I'll leave you to it, and hope you enjoy your time here in the community! Let your creativity run wild~. ;D

I can understand that about only four years being small in comparison but even that is an impressive amount to be in the Roleplay scene. I am proud to admit that decade of experience and time that has passed for me and I've learned a lot through that time. 😉

As or the hearts of iron 4, if your not into history or military strategy games it wouldn't surprise me if you haven't heard of it. It is created by paradox and if it can take a long time to finish one game with out even winning I might add. Overlord and Mass effect are worth playing if you don't mind violence or first person shooter games, which they both have stories in them that are based off your choices impacting the game. Terraria is defiantly fun to play with the updates and I have been enjoying the new minecraft updates in 1.16 as well. Though I will admit, I am currently playing the new Sponge Bob Square Pants Battle for Bikini bottom Re-hydrated on the Xbox 1 at the moment.

Yeah hence the reason I chose that picture along with the fact it has my favorite dish - noodles! I have seen a number of different foxes in the zoo and generally back in my hometown I lived in the country near the woods saw them all the time. Thank you for taking the time and the best wishes to you as well!

@NyxAvatar69 It was something for me to pass the time when I was bored waiting in between classes in colleague. Although to be honest most of my time was spent playing Magic the Gathering or interacting with my gaming group for DND 3.5 or Vampire the Masquerade. With in the last few years I was introduced to other game systems of World of Darkness, bubblegum crisis, robotech and palladium along with other systems. But enough of the tangent on different rpg systems, thank you for the welcome and I hope I find fun stuff as well.

Welcome, I just joined up last night myself!

Also NICE, fellow Mass Effect fan! XD That game was my obsession from the time the first one came out till I finished ME3. Heck, as controversial as it was I even found some good enjoyment out of Andromeda lol. I dunno how much you know about Cyberpunk 2077, but it's very similar in that it's a scifi RPG where you create your own character and experience your own story through branching decisions and everything. Super hype for it for those very reasons, that and it just looks loads of fun ^^

In any case, hope you have a great time! From one new dreamer to another ^^

@Edgerunner_2077 a fellow cyberpunk2077 fan! Yes I know a bit about it and I am looking for to the game so long as it isn’t a major flop. As for the mass effect series, I liked 1-3 and andromeda was alright as I haven’t completed the game yet as I got distracted by other games I purchased one of which was monster hunter world and Assassin’s creed odessy 

Awesome! Yeah, it is good to keep your expectations in check with games these days, especially ones with as much hype behind them as Cyberpunk. I can't help myself with this one though, it just looks like everything I want from a game XD At least all the hands-on impressions have been positive so far, and CDPR does have a good track record for putting out blockbuster games while being consumer friendly.

Monster Hunter World and Odyssey are cool games, too! I have both of them, haven't finished either yet. With Odyssey it's like I keep trying, because I do like it. But the game is just so huge it's difficult for me to complete everything without getting burnt out and having to take a break lol. One day, though!

Yeah, it's like games are getting bigger and bigger, with more and more things to do in them. To the point it gets overwhelming, especially if there isn't a lot of variety in what there is to do. It just gets to be too much sometimes lol.

As for Cyberpunk, I suppose we can only wait and see in the end. After all, it's better to be cautious than it is to be disappointed. I have high hopes for this one, though. Crossing my fingers XD

Archived