OOC Chatterbox

Should using the same character in multiple scenes, across multiple threads, at the same time be allowed?  

15 Dreamers have voted

1. 1. Should using the same character in multiple scenes, across multiple threads, at the same time be allowed?

• No. If players want to write more, creating multiple characters is what I prefer.
    • Yes. If a player wishes to write more, writing in several threads with the same character should be allowed.
    • Mixed. Multiple characters are preferred, but I'm alright with players using a character across multiple threads.

ooh, new girl. Hi!

Also, given the whole pre-game set up information thingy about declining birth rates, I'm curious. Are we trying to get each other pregnant here, being encouraged towards that, or just more used to sex in general?

(Also Akiho and Aiko would have the cutest kids.)

(Wait, wouldn't their son basically be Astolfo, thinking about it?)

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bluenails said:

ooh, new girl. Hi!

Also, given the whole pre-game set up information thingy about declining birth rates, I'm curious. Are we trying to get each other pregnant here, being encouraged towards that, or just more used to sex in general?

The answer to all this, and more, is yes possibly maybe? 

• Love 1

I hope my "distant and aloof" character isn't too pretentious. She absolutely will interact with people, I just figured it would be easier to get her into the roleplay quickly by having her pretend she's fine with nudity and act like she knows everything. I think that might be her default behavior - "I already know all about this", because that could never get her into any sticky situations.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

I hope my "distant and aloof" character isn't too pretentious. She absolutely will interact with people, I just figured it would be easier to get her into the roleplay quickly by having her pretend she's fine with nudity and act like she knows everything. I think that might be her default behavior - "I already know all about this", because that could never get her into any sticky situations.

Heh, sticky situation... 😉

Jokes aside, nothing wrong with that thought process at all! I mean, Dreams' char Rin was a bit similar, and there inherently isn't anything wrong with a distant and aloof char. ^^ But I confess to being a bit wary of playing them because they may inadvertently write themselves into a corner if no one is willing to approach them.

Fortunately Takuya is too outgoing to let that happen, but given he's already roped three others into his shenanigans, maybe I should let Lynn or Hati handle this one. x_x Don't need to get greedier than I already seem...

Edited by Gardsorm
Typed 'either' instead of 'with', damn text prediction
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Bluenails said:

ooh, new girl. Hi!

They totally would! Though it'll be up in the air if she ends up getting with Akiho and Takuya. Especially if it's both at once~.

5 hours ago, Moon Hound Hati said:

Yes, will the nut potentially become the seed of a new life or is it destined to be nothing more than the main ingredient of a creampie? 

Why not both?

• Woohoo 1

6 hours ago, Bluenails said:

ooh, new girl. Hi!

Nah, not really. The "intended" result is to get them to think more about, well, sex, and stuff. Inspiring them to be more interested in pursuing romance, I think is the way I would put it. I don't think there's incentive in having a school full of pregnant 16-18 year olds 😛 

2 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

First of all, welcome ^^

Second, I think Gard said it best - I have no qualms with it in the slightest, those kinds of characters definitely have a place as well, only concern is, like the both of you said, about writing a character into a corner, is the only concern, but so long as she'll interact with people - Like you said - There should be no problem at all.

• Love 2

41 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

Now I feel like it's me... 😮

Nah, it shouldn't be. =/ People have lives, can't expect everyone to make a post each day. 

I was actually curious about the other thread, The Resort, on that note. If we aren't trying to keep some sort of cohesive 'one thread' setup, maybe students can post in that thread too. But I'd rather wait for @Lynnette to chime in on that.

2 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

Now I feel like it's me... 😮

It's not, don't worry! I'm sure it's a busy week for many, leading up to easter and all. It's been a busy one for me at least, apparently everyone's IT-needs have just been saved up for the last two days until Easter 😛 

1 hour ago, Gardsorm said:

Nah, it shouldn't be. =/ People have lives, can't expect everyone to make a post each day. 

I was actually curious about the other thread, The Resort, on that note. If we aren't trying to keep some sort of cohesive 'one thread' setup, maybe students can post in that thread too. But I'd rather wait for @Lynnette to chime in on that.

While I'm personally more in favor of multiple characters over using the same character in multiple threads, I'm not opposed to it. I'll see if I can set up a poll and see what the consensus is. 

And there we go, got a little poll going, while I'm not saying "What gets the most votes is what it will be", common consensus is definitely of interest. I'm not specifying how long the poll will be up for, so anyone who has an opinion on this, I encourage you to vote at first convenience.

I'll avoid voting personally since I don't want to influence this choice too much before the common consensus is established.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

I honestly like the idea of not having people in multiple scenes because it can confuse things. Also it encourages the creation of more characters to interact with.

Speaking of which, I had been tossing around some ideas for a school staff member, namely a male school nurse and psychologist that was hired as part of a failed government plan to figure out why teens aren't having sex and try and get them to start having (more) sex, with the idea that it will boost child birth rates in the long run. Thsre's some fun to be had there, like him handing out sex toys or giving some "hands on" sex E.D. lessons. 😁

• Love 1

I guess I can't just coast by with Akiho alone.

Do you have any ideas on what this school nurse guy would look like? Since among the ideas, part of the leading contender is a girl who definitely isn't obsessed with a male staff member and would never tie them up and have her way with them in real life, maybe. And is maybe one of Akiho's sisters to explain away her lack of interest in him.

Although, perhaps the two could share someone later, I don't know. But they'd mostly be in different scenes, anyway.

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, Bluenails said:

I guess I can't just coast by with Akiho alone.

Do you have any ideas on what this school nurse guy would look like? Since among the ideas, part of the leading contender is a girl who definitely isn't obsessed with a male staff member and would never tie them up and have her way with them in real life, maybe. And is maybe one of Akiho's sisters to explain away her lack of interest in him.

Although, perhaps the two could share someone later, I don't know. But they'd mostly be in different scenes, anyway.

Nothing set in stone right now, but the doctor from Fate: Grand Order is a contender. 

spacer.png

• Love 2