Gardening club

• 3 weeks later...

It was a fairly sunny late afternoon. Classes were over for the day, so various students moved on to club activities. It was no different for the gardening club and its members. They had a small-ish but beautiful brick-and-mortar building to call their club room. It was located next to the academy building, nestled towards the back of lush gardens that the club maintained as part of their activities. Inside the building itself were also plenty of potted plants; vulnerable seedlings too fragile for the current wheater, houseplants, precious flowers, herbs, and such.

The hulking minotaur man, Achlian Ajax, grunted softly as he carried a large potted plant -- a banana tree, actually -- into the building and placed it carefully in a corner by some of the other windowed doors that led into the gardens. “This little one should stay warm enough inside here for the time being,” he told the other club members who were also carrying some potted plants inside. The weather forecast predicted a cold front moving in soon, so the temperature would drop a little too low for these plants.

“Anybody need a hand?” he asked aloud, helpful as always.

• Love 1

One of the members of the still rather small club is a certain undead zombie girl named simply Yoko. Not even trying to do so, she still stands out quite a lot as she has to actively try to avoid her normal pattern and way of movement here since doing stuff like walking is more fitting rather than her regular jumping. Of course, she is helping with moving these plants inside with the rest and whilst she takes the lighter of them, her movement is still hindered by the aforementioned fact that she has to force her legs to move normally. She has considered summoning some of her companions to help, but they don't have opposable thumbs and all that, making the idea foolish and more a hindrance than help. In her hands, she is grasping a rather unique plant not unlike a fern."Ohhh...if it's not too much trouble. Could you please take this one?", she says, sounding rather defeated as her speed and help has not exactly been vast in this task.

• 1 month later...

Achlian turned his bull head when one feminine voice spoke up in response to his inquiry. Walking over to Yoko, he flashed a toothy smile as he bent over slightly, reaching down to alleviate her from the fern she had been attempting to carry inside. The plant was small enough for him to lift and carry in a single hand, which was more a testament to his size and not so much that of the plant. “It’s no trouble at all,” the minotaur assured the zombie girl as he moved the fern over to a decently lit spot inside the small building, where it would receive a decent amount of sunlight through the windows and windowed doors.

Yoko would sigh in relief if she could, but of course she has no real reason to breathe - something most would likely never pick up on on their own. She gives a soft smile from the help of the minotaur."Ohhh thanks! It was quite heavy and cumbersome. Say...who are you? I don't think I ever saw you before? I am Yoko...by the way", she says and reaches out with a hand to shake his own free one.

• 2 weeks later...

“You haven’t? I’m pretty hard to miss,” Achlian replied jokingly, grinning as he gestured at his rather large, muscular frame. He was probably the largest member of the club, truth be told. “It’s nice to meet you, though! I’m Achlian. You’re a zombie, right? Or do you prefer undead? It seems to differ per person what they prefer to be called.” He’d met a few around the academy and they all seemed to have their own preferences as to what to call their reanimated state.

"Perhaps I just don't notice others easily unless I know? Not sure though...", she answers with a light shrug to her shoulders, not sure what to say as she doesn't get it either."Thank you! What year are you in, Achlian? A zombie...undead...potatoe, tomatoe. I doubt anyone would really dislike either of them. How many zombies have you met before?", she asks, finding it surprisingly easy to speak to this person despite it being her first time doing so - perhaps it helps to ease her that they share a club. She keeps moving smaller pots of plants while they speak.

Edited by JennyDK