Adventurers guild

Fietra's tail stopped the slow absent swishing at the word "coin", and he lowered the half-raised mug of mead.  "And what would making this nice bit of coin involve?"   He asked curiously in response.   That the merchant had struck out several times already suggested either the pay didn't match up to the job or there was something seedy about the job itself.   But there wasn't any harm in hearing him out.

The merchant doesn't look shady or nervous, but rather just a bit surprised if anything."Hmmm...so unlike the others I spoke to, you don't sound like you are about to embark on another job. The others seemed to be too busy to take on my task....but down to business: I need someone for a simple delivery job. It will take you outside of town, hence why I need someone here to help. Someone ordered something or want me to get it to their house", the man explains and even plops down a medium sized coin purse on the table.

Fietra's ears twitch involuntarily in the direction of the jingle of coins before returning to their normal position.  He took a sip of his mead to draw the silence out a bit, then finally speaks up after a few seconds of reflection.  "And what's the catch?"  He asked, tucking the end of his tail under the chair.  "You wouldn't be offering so much if it was just a simple walk out of town."

"This is a percentage of the earnings I am getting for it. It is an expensive item. There is no catch really - the dangers out there will be same as always. I find that giving a good pay for a job usually makes the other party less prone to make dishonest stuff", the chubby and well dressed merchant goes on.

Fietra mulled the matter over for what seemed to be about a minute.    While he had nothing pressing to do, he could always use more coin to support his vices.   He slid his feet off of the table, setting them on the floor so he could stand up.   "Sounds reasonable to me, let's get it done."  He replied agreeably.

"Marvelous. For safety reasons, I have not brought it with me, but you can meet me at my office in my shop and you can have it there. Once there, we can iron out the few details as well", he says, showing signs that he does know exhuming too much information publicly can be a hazard and trouble for both him and the adventurer.

"Now is good."  Fietra gestures for the other to lead the way, retrieving his gear from where it was leaning against the wall next to him.  He wrapped on his sword belt with practiced ease, falling into step just off to the right of his new employer.

"Very well. That would save me some time indeed. Just follow me and we can have it deal with", the lightly rotund man answers Fietra. He lead the way out of the bustling busy guild building and towards the more fitting district for his business to be at."By the way...I do sell all sorts of assorted weapons and magical trinkets. They are not cheap, but they are effective", he tells the adventurer on the way there.

Scene moving to:

"I'm quite well equipped in terms of gear, though I'll keep you in mind should that change in the future."   The catfolk replied, pausing long enough to pay his current tab.  He didn't like getting any further into debt than was necessary, and didn't want to leave obligations behind that he couldn't (someday) meet.

Balik was new to the town. He had found his way first and foremost to the job board, and made his decision to take on a job for the guild. He entered the building and looked about, before making his way over to the main desk. He would brazenly and loudly proclaim what he was here for, the blue giant giving a wide and boisterous smile.

"Ey, I'm here to take on the job of recovering one of your members! Is there any info you can give me on the situation? Location, threats, what I would need to prepare for the task?"

Edited by LardMcLovin

One of the guild's clerks approaches him, coming out from behind the large counter that serves as the place where most interactions with them happens."Greetings there stranger. I see you have been checking out the bulletin of current jobs. Most excellent...of course, before you can do any jobs for us, you need to register with the Guildmaster first and then we can allow you to take on missions. You will find her office upstairs. She ought to be free as well...naturally, I am also tasked to document any new people here. What is your name sir?", the older human man asks him calmly.

The goliath would keep that bubbly attitude and take a step back as he spoke, arms stretched out as if he were being praised by an invisible crowd, clearly very full of himself. "The name is Balik "The Boomer" Gasgonov, of the Copper Fist clan! Boxer extraordinar! You need something punched, I can punch it really really hard!" As he finished he quickly took up a brawler boxing stance, throwing a couple shadow punches. "You said she was upstairs?"

• Haha 1

The older man gives him a brief and slightly weirded-out look. This is still far from the weirdest thing he has experienced here, so this doesn't faze him too much, so he is able to instantly recompose himself once more. At least the man is showing some gusto and eagerness to get working here."Yes, that she is. It shall only take a brief moment to get that over with", the clerk replies back to him.

Balik would give the man a thumbs up before making his way up the stairs. His steps were as quick as they were heavy. He would walk up to the door that the guild master was in, giving it a few hard knocks and speaking before simply swinging it open. Or at least trying to if it wasn't locked.

"Hey! I'm here to take on a mission you posted on the job board outside."

The door is indeed open as the guildmaster is quietly doing her tasks at her large, luxurious looking and very fine wooden table. She did hear something large approach from the staircase and thus could at least mentally prepare herself for a potential intrusion into her work. She puts down the parchment she was reading and gives the large bodied man her focus and attention."Greetings. Who may you be? You need to register here, I am certain that one of my clerk have informed you. Please, take a seat. This is but a quick and easy formality and at most you need to know your name. Once official, I can assign you to the mentioned task", she says in a very calm, collected and soft manner.

"Yeah, your man up front told me." The large man would stroll into the office, before taking his seat into one of the chairs. "I'm Balik "The Boomer" Gasgonov. I'm real good at punching real hard! What else do you need to know? "

The guildmaster is used to all sorts of people, even the more dimwitted and slow types such as this one. Honestly, she doesn't really mind in the slightest as long as they get the jobs done and don't give the guild a bad reputation."Ohhh, that is quite sufficient really. I just need your mark or signature on this here piece of paper then and you should be all set for...punching stuff, mr. Gasgonov", she says, sounding very normal when she speaks."As for where to start...I suggest seeking through the swamplands as their last known whereabouts were there. Be careful though...as the place can be dangerous and treacherous". the guildmaster feels fit to warn him.

Balik would look to the paper and then pull one of the quill pens from the guild masters desk. He signed off on it, giving a surprisingly delicate and fancy signature. He then puts the pen back and stands up, giving the woman a broad smile. "Don't you worry about me! I can handle anything the world throws at me!" He then gives a hearty laugh before walking out the door and leaving the guild, his destination now clear.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a hum, a bounce, a tune. A Dwarven man who with a large backpack strapped to his backside, clothing fit for those who went traveling often with the usual browns and grays, with a decorated war pick at his side. This Dwarf was known as Gerdo, an aged dwarf with white hair yet still seemed spry for his age. "brothers of the mine rejoice~ swing swing swing with me~ down down into the keep~ who knows what will find beneath~" he sang merrily an ol Dwarven mining song as he entered the building with a large grin, "so glad I got directions! I would be lost to find this place!" As he approached what he assumed to be a desk, hoping to ask about adventurer permissions to take on jobs. Gerdo had to start somewhere.

• Like 1

The building is pretty lively as he arrives around noon, where members and other people begin to gather increasingly and spend their time planning, looking at job offers, listening to the soft music playing, playing games and so on. A few heads turn when a new person enters, but nothing else really happening as a reaction to the dwarf arriving. He soon finds a counter where an older looking human male, dressed very refined and nice spots him."Greetings sir. How may I help you? You look new...as I have never seen you face around here", he greets him with.

Gerdo gave a happy nod to the man with a salute of his Dwarven stubby hands. "I am new here! The name is Gerdo and I wish to spread merry while defending others with my sturdy Dwarven frame!" As he chuckled and pulled out what seemed to be a small little scratch pad with the Dwarven language, "tell me good sir! How would I go about doing just that!"

"Oh, nice to meet you mr. Gerdo and a fine welcome to our fine guild hall. That does sound like a very good attitude to have and I am sure you will find a good place for you here soon enough", the clerk answers back, happy to see such a jolly fella show up. He looks him a bit oddly at his next inquiry."Do what exactly...sir?", he asks, as the question made little sense to him whilst giving the pad a puzzled look.

The dwarf chuckled to himself as he continued to scribble a couple of things before folding his pad back up, "the sign up! I'm used to Dwarven cities where they'll be a little more knit picky on how you sign up to a guild or the like.. or can I simply accept requests?" Gerdo then looked back up at the man with a smile. He wasn't attempting to be confusing but wasn't sure how customs usually went on the surface areas or how one was allowed to take upon requests.

The clerk sighs softly in relief as the mystery is now solved for him."Oh, I see. Well, it is pretty simple really: Head up to talk with the Guildmaster and tell her you wish to join. She will give you a fairly simply contract to sign, making you an official member of the guild. After that, you can begin to sign up for various jobs. Any other questions you may have mr. Gerdo?", he politely asks.