BodyMod Clinic

4a396a59a31af7fc6d071d65fc1246ea.jpgddc5b26bf650c602f94ad55fa63c0769.jpg
Before gaining access to the labs and medical rooms where the operations and maintenance is performed, citizens needs to be fully registrered and be accepted for admittance.
There are swift and harsh punishments for not adhering to the strict and decided protocols, administrative paperwork and safety measures.

• 6 months later...

Scarlett walks through the reception area for the clinic. Today was the day she was going to get a new arm and she wasn't going to leave without one, thankfully she had already called a head for an appointment. Approaching the desk she rings the bell "Hey, excuse me. Can I get some help here please? I called earlier about an appointment" she leaned on the reception desk.

• Like 1

It doesn't take long before a person, a young man, dressed in very clean and neat looking uniform, comes to the counter she is standing at. He has a very neutral looking face on him as he sees the young lady calling for assistance. In a dry and almost robot-like tone of voice he replies back to her, seeming to really lack a sense of human warmth."Good day, miss. Who are you and who did you have an appointment with here?", he asks here.

• Like 1

Scarlett rolls her eyes a little, not liking the robot-like tone of the young man's voice. She already heard that enough at work, but she took a breath "Scarlett Verde and I have an appointment with...ahhh what was his name?" she taps her chin till the name flashes through her mind. "Ah! Faust! I have an appointment with Dr Faust about getting a cybernetic arm implanted" she pointed to her missing left arm from the shoulder down.

Edited by rohan10
  • Like 1

The clerk doesn't look up from his tablet with information on it, very much, further giving the impression that he is not very adept at providing the more personal and human interaction. He scrolls through the various appointments, then her relevant documents regarding her procedure and various health pages."Oh, I see. Yes, I can see it here too. It shouldn't take too long, so have a seat and Mr. Faust shall approach you once he is ready for you, miss", he goes on, still in that some monotonic voice of his. He makes sure to make the doctor aware of the patient being here and waiting.

• Like 1

Scarlett gives a nod to the clerk, thanking him and makes her way to the waiting area and takes a seat. Her hand stroking the spot where her arm used to be, she still felt the phantom pain sometimes. Like her arm was still there even though it wasn't a sigh escapes her lips as she leans back in the seat. But that would change after today, when she got her new arm, she could be put back on the beat again instead of stuck behind a desk. This brought a smile to her face "I can't wait to get out from behind that desk" she looked around to see the other patients who are waiting.

• Like 1

The waiting area is not too full at the moment, which hopefully leads to a much shorter waiting time for the young cop. Most of them seem to look pretty normal and without any sort bodily issues, such as herself. Most people tend to get implants needed for work or other things. There is a clock showing the time up on a wall inside of the room, making anyone without one of their own, aware of how much time passing by. There is mostly silence, except someone making a low key and softly spoken call with someone else. Eventually, after about 10 minutes of passing time, just right on time. the doors to the clinic rooms open up and a tall elderly man steps into the waiting room."Miss Scarlett. The name is Dr. Faust. Follow me please", he says and whilst his tone is dry. it is at least still professional and less robotic. He extends his one hand to do the mandatory handshake greeting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Scarlett watches the elderly man, thinking that must be Dr Faust the man whom she made the appointment with. He certainly looked skinny and well was unsure if he could do what she needed done. But one thing she learned in her life is not to judge a book by its cover, she extended her hand and shook his "You must be Doctor Faust. I Hope you're as skilled as they say. I really need this arm Doc". The young cop smiled warmly at the doctor before letting go of his hand.

• Like 1

"Yes, that is correct. Are you doubting my reputation or skills, young miss? By now, such procedures, I can more or less sleep my way through. So you will be just fine", Dr. Faust commented back to her. The older man then takes the young woman through a few corridors, doors appearing on both sides of them, some of the rooms having walls of glass, making it possible to look inside and see various offices or other types of rooms. Whilst walking, he gives her file a third look through, to make sure he is tripled sure he has everything in order and to avoid any possible issues. Finally, they reach one of the operating rooms."If you have any questions before we start, now is the time to ask them", he says, whilst the door opens up. The room inside is not big, but holds lots of various machinery, tools and so on. Just like every part of the clinic, it is extremely clean, well kept and tidy. It looks very much like this place is worth the extra high fees.

• Like 1

"Oh sorry, I'm not doubting your skills Doc. Just nervous since this is the first time, I'm ever having an operation of any kind in my life" Scarlett chuckles nervously as she looks over the lap, seeing all the different tools that would be used on her makes her feel slightly more at ease. "As for questions, I do have a couple. First is how long till I can use the arm after the operation? I understand that it might not be right away. Second is where do you want me for the operation doc?" The young woman smiled as she removed her shirt, so Faust can get a good look at where the arm is going. She stands in just a sports bra without shame.

• Love 1

The first timers are usually like this to some extent, so the experienced doctor is pretty used to it. He has been reminded numerous times to try and ease any anxiety that clients may be having, so he tries to come up with something reassuring to say."Technology and drugs have reached a point where any sort of discomfort or pain will be completely unfelt", he says with a dry tone of voice. The doctor is soon about to groan audibly as she has yet to notice the dentist-like chair in the middle of the room where many of the apparatus is centered around."It will take but a few minutes. Nothing to worry about. It will feel completely natural before you know it...as for where we are doing this....well..", he goes on and motions towards the whole heap of stuff.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlett looks over and sees the chair with the apparatus surrounding it. She kicked herself mentally for not noticing before as she made her way over "Thats good to know doc thank you. Sorry if i seem nervous". She slowly sat in the chair and got a good look at all the tools surrounding her as the red-haired cop took a breath....a very long and deep one, to calm herself. "Mind if I watch while your work? I'm kinda curious to see how this is done, since it's my first time" she looked over at faust as he approached.

• Like 1

"There is no logical reason to be nervous, especially with someone as skilled and knowledgeable as myself. So no need to worry. This is all standard procedure", he says, trying to be comforting, but still has a slightly flat tone of voice behind it. As she gets over to the operating chair, he moves along with her. While getting seated, he goes to check both the instruments, equipment and such, showing high levels of professionalism and a thorough attention to safety and proper protocol."Since this is a pretty minor operation, there is no need for heavy anesthetics of any sort. In fact, that is extremely rare these days. So, yes, you may observe as much as you wish miss Scarlett", he replies back to her whilst reading some numbers on one of the monitors attached to the whole thing.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Thanks Doc, I appreciate it" Scarlett leaned back into the chair and looked up at the ceiling. This Doctor Faust maybe not have the best bed side manner, but even she could tell he knew what he was doing. That's what Scarlett was able to glance from him anyway, in the next few hours she would have a new arm. her life would get back to normal again and she would be kicking criminal ass on the streets once more. This brought a smile to her lips "Whenever you're ready Doc, lets get the show on the road"

• Like 1

The doctor tries to not scoff when someone addresses him as "doc", as he finds it a tiny bit insulting to shorten his profession. Though, he does show more consideration and respect, since he is dealing with a police officer and they do keep the law and order around town, after all. Of course, such emotions and inner thoughts don't really show off as Doctor Faust always maintains a rather heavy poker face and professional aura about him."Good. I shall proceed then. Do you require me to narrate what I am going to do or should I simply do the procedure, miss Scarlett?", he asks, showing a veiled consideration. Meanwhile, he prepares the light local anesthesia he aims to give to her.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Tell me doctor, I would like to know. I've actually taken an interest in prothesis after doing research for this operation" Scarlett smiled warmly as she relaxed, getting ready for the operation. Thinking she should at least give Faust some respect by calling him Doctor instead of Doc. She didn't lie either before booking this appointment she had done extensive research into it all. Better to be prepared and it had peeked her interest, she even interviewed other officers who had prosthetic limbs about how they got them and what the operation was like. Now she was about to join those fellow officers in the metal limb club as they put it, a chuckled left her mouth as she thought about the name. It had a nice ring to it and only cops would come up with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The doctor has seen this countless times - people suddenly growing interested only after experiencing such stuff on their own bodies. Still, more knowledge is a good thing, so he doesn't mind it as much as he would otherwise. He gives her a small nod of the head, but the rest of his facial demeanour appears to be quite neutral."Very well - though it can get pretty technical and hard to understand in multiple places. I shall attempt to make it....somewhat normal sounding", he replies back to her. Then he proceeds to inject a dose of local aneasthetics into her upper body, right about where the arm would normally extend from. The sensation is, at worst, a tiny little jab which is barely felt and the concoction works fast."Allright...just remember to sit as still as you can....", Faust goes on as he picks put the prostethic arm, showing it to her.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlett looks at her soon to be new arm, it had a nice design to it. Very sleek but still obviously robotic, she was going to get this painted red for sure to match her hair colour. "Wow that's quite the sleek looking design Doctor. Do they all look like that or come in different designs?" The woman felt the little jab in her arm but she has worse done to her and was already thinking if cool nicknames for herself after she got the arm painted. Scarlett Cop, Red Arm were a couple that came to mind.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Doctor Faust gives her a very puzzled look as she asks such a weird question toward him."Miss Scarlett, you are aware that models are not something we toss at people at random and in fact are pre-chosen and modified to fit the individual way ahead of time, right?", he asks, this time in a much more plain and flat manner. He continues to prepare the robotic prostethic by running final diagnostic as well as inspecting it for any dents, scrapes, misshaped parts and so on."Now...remember to lie as still as you can or things could get....complicated", he says once that is over and he aligns the piece of metal with her body to find the sweet spot for positioning and angle.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlett blushes a little when she realises how silly her question actually was and just lies back, staying very still. She gives Faust a thumbs up to say she was ready "Alright Doctor, lets do it. I'm ready" taking a slow deep breath she closes her eye and just lets the doctor do his work. Hoping it would be done quickly, the sooner it was done the sooner she was back on the street kicking ass and taking names.

• Love 1

Faust has little time for or even interest in mocking or messing around with clients, even in his own mind. He is all about the science and the accumulation of knowledge and improving his craft and developing the technology and hardware used. He gives her his own affirming nod in return before then beginning to make the initial attachments, between flesh and metal. Thanks to the numbing injection, this has no painful sensations at all, though she may feel weird from still being able to sense things being attached."Of course - miss Scarlett - I will let you know when it is safe to not lie completely still. It is merely the first few crucial parts that needs this amount of diligence. Complications can include, but are not limited to, things like arterie puncture, nerve damage and gradual tissue damage. It shall only take me about 10-15 minutes, so please bear with me during this short period", he tells her to give her a bit more insight on this.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlett just simply nodded, acknowledging Faust's words. While she lay there she thought back to how she lost her arm in the first place, how she was just doing her job. Getting another criminal off the streets, making the city safer, then she thinks back to being in hospital after the arm was amputated. She hated that part, just lying there for two weeks and then the 2 months if desk work. Oh that was even worse for her, she felt like her fellow officers viewed her as a waste of space during those two months. Well that was all going to change after today.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

The initial and most crucial parts of the procedure gets done and over with in about 11 minutes, where Faust makes sure the prostethic arm is properly attached at the most important places. He looks very focused as he works diligently and even Scarlett can sense that he goes about it with great care, precision and expertise. He finally finishes up and looks up at the woman at that."So, miss Scarlette. The worst part of this is over...you are free to be more comfortable...just don't move too much, allright? Next, I will be connecting your nerves and the like to the artificial nerves and moveable parts in the arm...", he says, letting her know what will be happening.

• Love 1

Scarlett opens her eyes and looks over to see her new arm. Though it wasn't fully finished yet a large smile spread across her and she nodded to Faust, relaxing a bit more as he let him do his job. Excited to finally use her new arm, Scarlett actually felt complete again now that she saw the arm but she couldn't feel the weight yet. She just saw herself punching some crook with the new arm in her mind and chuckled with excitement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The white haired, older man looks very focused and works with split hair precision and expertise, even to the untrained eye. After another 10 minutes of intense connection work, the nerves are properly aligned and been put through a standard check."Allright..try and flex all of your fingers, but one at a time and slowly. I need to see it in practice, now that it seems to be working, at least from looking at it", he tells her. Despite how tough it seems, he does not once seem to be having a hard time with this or come close to breaking a sweat.

• Love 1