Q&A

• Pixel changed the title to Q&A

If you may allow me to ask a bit, and this might not qualify for this thread, and my apologies if so:

1) What regions are allowed as our start? Is it Galar-locked or can we come from anywhere? Also, assuming only canon regions and towns can be origins?
2) Can one start as a new trainer or not? Since I assume the handing out of Starter Pokemon may be a big plot event, I just want to make sure if being a new trainer would be something you'd prefer not to have.

1 minute ago, Cute_Bro said:

If you may allow me to ask a bit, and this might not qualify for this thread, and my apologies if so:

1) What regions are allowed as our start? Is it Galar-locked or can we come from anywhere? Also, assuming only canon regions and towns can be origins?
2) Can one start as a new trainer or not? Since I assume the handing out of Starter Pokemon may be a big plot event, I just want to make sure if being a new trainer would be something you'd prefer not to have.

1) You can come from anywhere, you can start anywhere. The big stuff at the start of the role play WILL be taking place in Galar. Different regions can be explored as the role play progresses. Maybe your character, if you don't want to be in Galar, can start elsewhere, maybe catch what's happening on TV.

2) You may absolutely start as a new trainer. I would prefer it if you would begin at least shortly AFTER receiving your first partner Pokémon, if you wanted to go the route of getting one of the three from x Professor of x region. You can be a beginner trainer and have acquired a Pokémon on your own as well.

• Like 1

I do have a question, tied rather heavily to my initial character idea.
How are you handling the Hisuian forms? Not going to be touching the battling stuff, that can just be waved off as an old style no longer used but, for example, do Hisuian Growlithe still exist?

The rough concept is a breeder trying to keep their numbers up, while Hisuian Growlithe are these days a very rare breed that's somewhere between Critically Endangered and Extinct in the Wild (the whole process of that task being 'oh, this trainer/reservation has one, mine will go play with them, how did these eggs get here, don't worry, no lewd pokemon stuff on screen'), and generally dealing with conservation and protection of wild pokemon, catching only the ones that either super want to come with them, or that shouldn't be where they were. (Invasive species, in an entirely unsuitable climate, alone and too young to fend for themself, that sort of thing)

Basically, can I have fire/rock puppy and mild themes of conservation sometimes?
Mostly for the conservation theme, but also because they're cute, and if any of the Hisuian forms were to survive, it'd probably be the dogs due to being kept as pets. Plus the only real differences are the looks, extra weaknesses, and learning Rock Slide, so it's not a power thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a limit to how powerful your trainer/Pokémon start off as while starting your character?  Would creating a character that’s fairly experienced from a region outside Galar, but not too powerful (aka having taken down some gyms but not the Elite 4 of their own region) be acceptable? 

1 minute ago, Typical Blue Haired Dude said:

Is there a limit to how powerful your trainer/Pokémon start off as while starting your character?  Would creating a character that’s fairly experienced from a region outside Galar, but not too powerful (aka having taken down some gyms but not the Elite 4 of their own region) be acceptable? 

Yes!

We're making a story here, not playing in a competition, my own main characters are experienced trainers themselves.

3 minutes ago, Typical Blue Haired Dude said:

Ah, I see!  So if we wanted to be more on the competitive side, then that’s what your other Pokémon comm is for.  That’s pretty smart actually.  I might consider making my character with a full team sometime soon.

Yes, this is mainly for role play. I won't stop people from handling battles as they see fit, but personally I'm going to have it play out however it fits the narrative. Characters will win or lose depending on what the story calls for at any given time, whatever encourages growth, etc. 

The League club is for playing the games, and playing hard if necessary. A lot of people like to play casually and that's open for it too. I was GOING to have that be part of this, but I decided it best to split them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey question time fr fr

1)I want to start as typical Pokemon adventure,choice a starter and grind until become strong,can I?

3)How is the world exactly? Like,is there specific regions with Specific Pokemon like Galar,Kanto etc

4)is RP starter friendly?

I think that's all I can think

Edit:remove 2 because read the rules lol

Edited by Kris

3 minutes ago, Kris said:

1)I want to start as typical Pokemon adventure,choice a starter and grind until become strong,can I?

3)How is the world exactly? Like,is there specific regions with Specific Pokemon like Galar,Kanto etc

4)is RP starter friendly?

1) Definitely. Start however you like.

3) Yes, the role play will feature multiple regions and mention others that may or may not be visited. The main plot point will begin in Galar, but you can start however you like. Things are still under construction (busy time plus violet version have been keeping me from doing too much in depth lately), more will be detailed.

4) As in starter role players? Absolutely! I don't really like my role plays to have a "skill level" requirement, I want everyone to be able to participate. Just don't worry if others write more, more detailed, etc. Do the best you can, the more you write the more skilled you'll become 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a question(s) from me: 

- Is it fine to start with two Pokémon,  or just stick to one? 

- Since this is Galar at the start, if we are getting a new Pokémon does it have to be from Galar or can it be from another region? 

- How do you feel about guns? Reason I asked is because the character I planned on building is a former mobster/current undercover agent (for the international police) so I think when push comes to shove and he's in a life threatening situation he'd resort to a sidearm. I know in the original anime they had guns (before they edited those out I believe), but he wouldn't just whip one out if he lost a battle. Character would be smart about it and use it sparingly.  

5 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

I guess a question(s) from me: 

- Is it fine to start with two Pokémon,  or just stick to one? 

- Since this is Galar at the start, if we are getting a new Pokémon does it have to be from Galar or can it be from another region? 

- How do you feel about guns? Reason I asked is because the character I planned on building is a former mobster/current undercover agent (for the international police) so I think when push comes to shove and he's in a life threatening situation he'd resort to a sidearm. I know in the original anime they had guns (before they edited those out I believe), but he wouldn't just whip one out if he lost a battle. Character would be smart about it and use it sparingly.  

- You can start with a full team of six if you want to, again we're crafting a narrative, we aren't competing. This is a story, not the world championship.

- As long as it's nothing crazy like a legend or mythical it can be whatever.

- Well, my character is also an interpol agent and he uses his Pokémon to do his fighting. I'm gonna have to really think on that one, actually.

With me going to therapy, Pokemon SV being released and holidays and stuff, it's been a busy time and this club is still under construction. I'll have to look all of these questions in this thread over and make clarification in the rules for them.

• Like 1