The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

Reading these rules and they're definitely unique itll take quite a bit of set up to get everything we want into the game but it's definitely doable! If anyone wants I can send them the pdf on discord and they can decide for themselves if they want to participate using these rules!

• Love 2

6 hours ago, Rob4ix said:

So i looked up hpw to play cortex prime and i am certainly interested, but i am also curious, what modules/trait stuff we would have? Will we have regular distinction+attributes+skills, or something more unique?

That's what I'm working out right now. Im keeping it pretty basic so far but Im not against adding stuff as we go if it fits. 

What I'm working with is very basic attributes (mental, physical, social) which will be used general checks that might not fall under a specific skill.

Then we'll have a pretty hefty list of traits derived from backgrounds, vocations(thief, knight, mage etc.), and conditions you might have from different experiences I'm yoru journeys that will give you modifiers, skills, and different limitations based on your characters experiences positive or negative.

These traits will outline specific skills you have which will be used simply to outline what you can describe yourself doing as a part of a post. Certain traits like a vocation can have levels of skill that outline to what degree you can use a specific skill whether as a roll or as just an assumed  capability.

On 17/07/2024 at 17:52, Ceberskie said:

That's what I'm working out right now. Im keeping it pretty basic so far but Im not against adding stuff as we go if it fits. 

What I'm working with is very basic attributes (mental, physical, social) which will be used general checks that might not fall under a specific skill.

Then we'll have a pretty hefty list of traits derived from backgrounds, vocations(thief, knight, mage etc.), and conditions you might have from different experiences I'm yoru journeys that will give you modifiers, skills, and different limitations based on your characters experiences positive or negative.

These traits will outline specific skills you have which will be used simply to outline what you can describe yourself doing as a part of a post. Certain traits like a vocation can have levels of skill that outline to what degree you can use a specific skill whether as a roll or as just an assumed  capability.

So from what i understand, characters will mainly use their skills to achieve something, and attributes are meant to be used mainly as saving checks or something, that doesnt fit within character's skills, and also characters will gain dice from their traits, that come from their backstory and nature,

but considering that roll needs at least three dice, and characters might not have enough traits for a roll in some situations, mainly due to being fresh charater, as i see it, i personally suggest just have attributes present always and add a die, based on what action character performs, like in combat, body attribute giving the die when you do something that depends on your physical prowess, like swinging sword.

Or basically, always add body roll on physical attack or dodging.

Always add mental roll to magic, knowledge and training.

And add social for anything related tointeracting with other characters.

11 hours ago, Rob4ix said:

So from what i understand, characters will mainly use their skills to achieve something, and attributes are meant to be used mainly as saving checks or something, that doesnt fit within character's skills, and also characters will gain dice from their traits, that come from their backstory and nature,

but considering that roll needs at least three dice, and characters might not have enough traits for a roll in some situations, mainly due to being fresh charater, as i see it, i personally suggest just have attributes present always and add a die, based on what action character performs, like in combat, body attribute giving the die when you do something that depends on your physical prowess, like swinging sword.

Or basically, always add body roll on physical attack or dodging.

Always add mental roll to magic, knowledge and training.

And add social for anything related tointeracting with other characters.

I like that idea I had thought maybe 2 dice would work or more than one trait might be used but this keeps it simple l!

33 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

assuming someone can give me a hand with getting started I think a system like this could be interesting
...ps sorry for the lack of interaction on my part, IRL stuff is... not going fantastic

I hope things get better for you soon! ❤️

On 20/07/2024 at 01:05, Ceberskie said:

I like that idea I had thought maybe 2 dice would work or more than one trait might be used but this keeps it simple l!

Yeah i thought just having one of three traits be used only on saving throws would be a waste and i also remember DURF, where you had only 3 stats on everything and you rolled only one of those three whem doing anything, and if there were only 2 dies on roll as i saw it, i just thought adding those unused attributes would fill in the gap, plus i also didnt saw much anything that would be reflecting character's in-birth stuff, like being naturally stronger or more charming and talkative.

1 hour ago, Ceberskie said:

I had intended to associate that stuff more With your background. I'm writing all that up now...the list is sort of thee part I'm stuck on hahah

What stops doing both at once? Like writing the more gifted body or mind into your background? Anyway, i probably suggest too many stuff at once, i suppose you agreed to be a DM and i should probably not distract you

I don't think the fact that it is now cortex prime (or whatever that is) changed much about the classes. I might have some elf myself. People seem to be making their own rules when it comes to cortex prime so it depends on what this club really is going for. Anything is possible, I think, but that anything will need to be defined for us somehow. 😛

• Love 1

It's more or less laid out as to how the game will be played I'm just making the actual character creation tid bits now. Lifes been doing it's thing so it's been going slow but it's still going I promise. Needless to say traditional fantasy races and table top archetypes will be perfectly doable in this game 

Edited by Ceberskie

So will we be able to go off slightly from traditional races and classes? Although, I understand if not. I have some "classic fantasy" kind of characters that could be used for this roleplay and its setting. I don't know if they fit the classic archetypes like paladin or rogue, though. Just really poking for information but don't worry otherwise. Life can indeed be tough.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Mysthero said:

I was originally planning a Warlock, but now that our game has changed, I'm not sure yet.

Honestly warlocks are basically priests, just... Kinky... So i dont see issues with making a warlock in any system that has anything close to a priest or cleric, i mean the maim difference is that warlocks have more damage spells, rather than healing, but clerics also have their own damage spells, so...