The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

9 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

... there's enough there with succor for me to pick out 5 non attacking revalations... so ill go with that...

I can not for a the life of me decide on a curse though... all of them I either dont want due to not wanting to have sex as a plagued cripple... ooor i dislike the mechanics.... or it just does not fit...

I think your idea of Tongues or the Truth one I suggested before.

If you want to design the Curse let me know. We can do your kick suggestion but I'll have to design it.

...assuming 3rd party curses are allowed (looking at the section on the curse page called 3rd party) merciful could be interesting with the nymphomaniac or promiscuous sexual drawback... though nympho is a bit too absolute for my taste and promiscuous has a flavor im not fond of... assuming you dont mind a custom drawback how about "Easy Lay" Effect: "You take a –4 penalty to saves against charm effects, any Diplomacy check to convince others you're uninterested in their sexual advances will be perceived as a Bluff check by them. you make such Checks with a -2 penalty, with an additional -2 for every minute your seducer tries to tempt you, upon such a failed check, your unable to to put up any meaningful resistance till your seducer is satisfied, or leaves your sight" or something along those lines

9 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

...assuming 3rd party curses are allowed (looking at the section on the curse page called 3rd party) merciful could be interesting with the nymphomaniac or promiscuous sexual drawback... though nympho is a bit too absolute for my taste and promiscuous has a flavor im not fond of... assuming you dont mind a custom drawback how about "Easy Lay" Effect: "You take a –4 penalty to saves against charm effects, any Diplomacy check to convince others you're uninterested in their sexual advances will be perceived as a Bluff check by them. you make such Checks with a -2 penalty, with an additional -2 for every minute your seducer tries to tempt you, upon such a failed check, your unable to to put up any meaningful resistance till your seducer is satisfied, or leaves your sight" or something along those lines

I understand your idea and I don't mind a custom curse.

But I did not intend to use rolls to seduce any of the characters into sex. I'll do that in pure roleplay.

For non consensual encounters I'll use rolls, whether it's a save to be dominated or a grapple check to me molested.

If you  make the curse either influence the success of those rolls or he  behavior during sex and other situations that should work as a curse.

5 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

If you  make the curse either influence the success of those rolls or he  behavior during sex and other situations that should work as a curse.

note that what i was suggesting was not a curse but a sexual flaw (one of the things everyone has)

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

note that what i was suggesting was not a curse but a sexual flaw (one of the things everyone has)

Oh.

I missed that. I rather it was one of the  ones I made. The Lustful drawback used to be like what you suggested I may add Sexual Drawbacks if none really appeal to you.

2 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Oh.

I missed that. I rather it was one of the  ones I made. The Lustful drawback used to be like what you suggested I may add Sexual Drawbacks if none really appeal to you.

ah, this changes what was writing. promiscuous matches fairly closely mechanically to what i want but the actual flavor for it was a turn off for me, Virgin was also mildly interesting but what it turns into was... all a bit much for the character i had in mind...

also the "merciful" curse I mentioned, to clarify that curse is OK?

Merciful works. Though it's more useful on you than others.

If she is an adult the fact she was Promiscuous shouldn't have any bearing on anything present so the flavor can be what you want. Or you don't like the idea that her past was like that because you want her to be naive/innocent? 

20 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Merciful works. Though it's more useful on you than others.

If she is an adult the fact she was Promiscuous shouldn't have any bearing on anything present so the flavor can be what you want. Or you don't like the idea that her past was like that because you want her to be naive/innocent? 

I was not a fan of the flavor at all for the character, im generally not a fan of that backstorys implications as a whole. that said I dont like it for the shy farm girl specifically is because well I like the mechanics for promiscuous for a shy easy girl I... am failing miserably at finding a sexual flaw that both sounds nice mechanically and fits what i want flavor wise...

5 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

I was not a fan of the flavor at all for the character, im generally not a fan of that backstorys implications as a whole. that said I dont like it for the shy farm girl specifically is because well I like the mechanics for promiscuous for a shy easy girl I... am failing miserably at finding a sexual flaw that both sounds nice mechanically and fits what i want flavor wise...

It's late I'll write a few Sexual Drawbacks more tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

TwT sorry... any other important choices i need to make aside from that?

Stats, Race, Feats and Traits.

For Stats look in Character Creation Rules you will find a Calculator to use with the point buy.

For race there is only the small subset I approved in Character Creation Rules.

The rest can wait until tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Oh wait we can use 3rd party stuff on the site?

Edit: I'll also be working on her background today. That said, if anyone wishes to have known her already hit me up and we can discuss that! That includes NPC stuff.

Because DreamsnThings is new to Pathfinder I am being less strict on the rules with her. So the only third party content approved besides what I wrote, is the Merciful curse.

• Like 1

Oooh. Both of those are pretty good. I do like Fairy Innocence, although it clashes with her mischievous nature (although on a different character I definitely would have taken it). Gullible Plaything is sort of in the same boat.

I could probably change her a bit, but then both seem more fitting for what Dreams is going for. I'll stick with being the mischievous fox.

Although if I ever am forced to make another character I'm definitely going Fairy Innocence.

2 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Oooh. Both of those are pretty good. I do like Fairy Innocence, although it clashes with her mischievous nature (although on a different character I definitely would have taken it). Gullible Plaything is sort of in the same boat.

I could probably change her a bit, but then both seem more fitting for what Dreams is going for. I'll stick with being the mischievous fox.

Although if I ever am forced to make another character I'm definitely going Fairy Innocence.

Leadership isn't banned so you technically can have another character.

But yes I made them to fit her character because I think Dreams was right and there were not many 'innocent' traits.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

It is meant to be a terrible archtypye but I am sure you will make it work.

It looks weak in comparison, but it felt thematically right with what I'm shooting for... (pun intended)

The plan is that she's a noble from the Dominion of Rapine who was the only heir to her fathers title. As women cannot own property, she was to be married to another noble, her lands and people becoming his, but fled with most of her household before being enslaved. She is young and innocent and feels obliged to save others if she can. Being from Rapine, she believes in the technology of her land, hence he reliance on firearms instead of more common weapons, and her Paladin oath will reflect her need to throw herself in the line of fire to defend the innocent, particularly other women... or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Woohoo 1