New here and new in other ways...

Hello everybody. I am new here, obviously, and have never been involved in anything like this site. As such, I might be a bit... slow, to jump in. I find it very, very awkward to talk about anything related to sex. 

Mainly I'm here because years ago I got into Hentai because it allowed me to escape my worries for while, and it made me feel good. not even in a physical way, although it did that very much too, I just liked the way they made me feel. Only some, however, as I'm not a fan of some types. 

Roleplaying sounds like it will be very fun, and I look forward to pushing myself. But as I said, I may be a bit slow... I hope that you all will forgive me if I'm an idiot at times, lol. 

• Senior Staff

I don't suppose you mean in the sense suggested in the WataMote anime/manga series? Yes, you CAN say that it has a rather problematic view of people with social anxiety and types of neurosis and yes, it is a hella lot exaggerated. I only brought it up to see if you call yourself pathologically introverted?

Thank you, thedude. 

I am not referring to that manga or anime. I'm pretty okay with being introverted, despite any stigma's attached with it. I have chosen my life as it is now because of who I am. I do not consider my pathologically introverted, just someone who prefers my own thoughts to the words off another person. That said, Roleplaying sounds fun, I need an escape from the pressures this year is going to bring (My mom and dad both are going to have surgeries. as an example). And honestly, this forum sounds very interesting ad I want to see what all happens here.

Edited by AndrewofFire

• Community Administrator

Hello AndrewofFire, I think your introduction resonates with quite a few people here; myself included. Roleplay is a fantastic and creative escape especially with all the shit life throws at people on a daily basis. Hentai too - its fictional and quite often the story line is entertaining, like sometimes it can be relate-able and then, (and quite often 2 minutes from the relate-able part) it gets absurd and fun.

I'm not sure if you've ever roleplayed before because you say it sounds like fun; as someone who RPs (when he can) it is fun, and quite often for the same reasons as you've touched on - escapism. I look forward to seeing you around, and I think you should ease into it rather than jump into the deep end, but we're all human and we all make mistakes from time to time so don't worry as long as you can forgive me for being an idiot sometimes too xP

Like I say to everyone; if you have any problems with the site, run into any bugs or have any questions or queries, then please do not hesitate to ask and contact us. We're always happy to help and last but not least; Welcome to EcchiDreams!

Okay then, I see. Sorry for the odd question and if it was uncomfortable and/or caused grief on your end. I really should have formed my post better than I did. I was just interested to see if you felt your shyness or introversion was an impediment to your self.

Not at all. I don't really see it as a big issue or anything. I do have trouble interesting with people on some more... personal topics, and I do hope this forum will help a little. But no, your question didn't bother me at all.  No worries  ;)

Wolfie- Thanks for the Welcome! I have not Roleplayed ever before, or not on a forum of any kind. 

Edited by AndrewofFire