Forbidden Magic - Elven Witches: SataiRolePlayingGuyxAirAllie14xWarning

As she entered the eatery, Alenia payed no attention to anyone around her. She was always a bit of a loner since coming to this place. She had not made much friends and preferred to be on her own. In truth she was actually just very shy and had a hard time talking with others.

She had spotted the trays of food that was being served and began to make her way over when she was suddenly stopped by the furry witch. Alenia would blink, one because she had approached her, two she had never seen her around before and finally because she had no idea what she was talking about.

Her eyebrows would furrow a little as she uttered, “um… what I need…? Well um… I came her looking for food… I’m really hungry since I haven’t eaten breakfast yet…” she told the witch.

• Love 2

A grin formed on this furred woman's face but it wasn't a vile one but rather an amused one. Hunger being the basic need of livings, it made sense that she would ultimately request food. Perhaps this girl needed something else without being aware of it, without knowing that she wanted it. But that would be for another time. "Food sounds wonderful just the same... Very well. How about I invite you to eat with me, then? Don't see anything bad to it, I am here to fill my stomach as well.", she told her, still curious however. "Pray forgive me for confusing you, I sell potions and other goods. You may call me Blacky.", the woman anthro spoke with spunk. Her stomach did not take long to make itself heard to cry for food.

Mao continued her search, going further than usual and even managed to find a small unusual shop with lot of valuable looking potions and the likes. All seemed to be identified somehow however. Either with a tag or a sticker on the bottle itself. Some other ones that were not identified were put together away of the identified ones. The room seemed like a cozy little workshop but nobody was around. That must have been why there was an away sign on the door. Students should know better than going where they did not belong so maybe this room was fine to leave alone. Could the merchant have left to go see a student? Or Pelintira? For now, it was best that she returned to her and so, she teleported away.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Pelintira had continued to watch Alenia, curious to see if she looked troubled?  She seemed fine for now, but the one she asked Mao to find, seemed to find Alenia instead.  The two of them should probably still have a talk later, but for now she watched.  Curious to see what these two talked about, what was offered to Alenia, and whether Alenia wanted it and how eagerly.  It was perhaps a new good way to evaluate where Alenia was now, mentally.  She would probably just watch from a distance, not get involved without good reason.

• Love 2

Alenia would blink once more saying, “oh, um, sure, I wouldn’t mind eating together.” She said moving past the girl and grabbing her tray of food for herself. As she introduced herself, Alenia nodded and would introduce herself as well. “My name is Alenia,” she spoke and soon sat with the furry girl at an isolated table. “You sell potions? That cool I guess. So you must be how Mistress Pelintira gets her potions. I’ve never seen you inside the compound before though…. What brings you in now?”

• Love 2

Mao had not found the potion seller but found what looked like her atelier, at least. With this, she reapeared in the witch's study and looked around before she approached, unaware that Pelintira was already aware of everything. "Mistress... I found where the merchant sells potions from. They were not there when I found it, though...", she informed her, even though she already knew. "Also, I found no signs of sick students while I searched. I think it's safe to say that there is nothing to worry about.", Mao reported, even though she had missed the eatery.

Meanwhile, Blacky seemed satisfied with Alenia's answer to her offer to eat together. After they had picked some food, the black furred witch went to sit down with her new friend, looking at her with some interest. "Ah, so you know the Lady Pelintira? Of course you do, who doesn't?", she asked with a smirk. "You see, I come and I go. Making potions requires the finest materials and ingredients. But what brings me? Let me ask you. Would you not be tempted by feeling stronger? Or luckier? Perhaps you need a poison. Or a little help elsewhere. I provide all of that."

Blacky seemed proud but remained composed, simply smiling teasingly at Alenia. After she started to eat, she remained quiet to let the young elf comment if she wanted to. Hearing of the old witch reminded her that she could perhaps try to visit her soon, if hopefully she was not too busy. Blacky also didn't want to bother this girl too much with her sales pitch but since she didn't know who she was, she wanted to try and make it inviting for her. There were other students who came to her at times with their troubles and the furred witch was happy to help.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

It was a relief that no one was sick.  Pelintira, nodded to Mao’s report.  “Her location is not a mystery.  She appears to have found Alenia.  I am content to just observe.  A business deal of sorts is being offered.  I’m curious to see what, if anything, Alenia is interested in.”  She did not care if Mao remained with her or joined the two of them.  It would not likely change the results.  “The old Alenia might have chosen something more innocent, or declined.  I wonder what the new Alenia will do.”  As it did not cause too much trouble, she would just watch and see.  See both what Alenia chose, and how she used it.

• Love 2

Alenia would eat her fool and listen to the furry witch as she spoke. Some of what she was saying did in fact sound good. She would look at her and thought about what to say before saying it.

”Well… yes, I guess I have felt that way before… and having those aspects about myself boosted would certainly help me…. The reason why I decided to study under Mistress Pelintira was to become stronger… yet, you are telling me I can become stronger just from having one of your potions or even improve my luck? That does sound appealing….”

• Love 2

Mao looked surprised by what she was told, feeling a bit like a fool as well for not having found the potion seller first. If Alenia was with her then at the very least someone HAD found her. Still, what sort of business could she be talking about? If it was about the potion seller then was Alenia interested in one? If the old witch was not worried about that then she did not have to be either, herself. It was probably best she did not interfere either. Pelintira sounded like she had a plan. Mao would simply obey if she was asked to do something. Still, she could not help but feel curious.

Seeing the interest Alenia suddenly had, Blacky grinned mischievously but only because it excited her and made her curious to see what someone interested in her potions really wanted out of them. Still, it sounded like the young girl saw this like a replacement to training. "Ah but you see, my potions are not an alternative to your mistress' teaching. What would be the use of studying magic if my potions did everything?", she asked, begging the girl to think about it. "No, what I sell only has temporary effects. Mostly. A poison would not necessarily agree.", she said giggling.

Looking at Alenia carefully, Blacky grew a little more serious as she continued. "My preparations help with a lot of troubles that require them, sometimes once in a lifetime, sometimes many times in an adventure. I cannot give you eternal strength but I can give you the mean to become stronger. Or a boost to go beyond your usual limits. How you use it is up to you entirely.", the furred witch explained, stopping for a moment to eat before her stomach begged. "Think of it as a way to cheat life a little... So tell me, what is it that you wish? Love? Power? Healing, perhaps?"

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Alenia would continue to eat and nod along as the woman spoke. It did make sense that her potions would only cause temporary benefits. If there were permanent there would be no purpose for the witches to still be here learning anything. Maybe she could indulge the witch in some of her potions. They did sound appealing though, all except for the love one. She really had no need for love and didn’t even consider the idea of being in love with anyone, maybe someday but not today.

”Hmmm… those do sound intriguing and could common handy on adventures of magical experiments gone wrong… sure. I wouldn’t mind a healing potion and maybe a strength potions. Both would be good to have in case of emergencies.”

• Love 2

Blacky observed her young guest, trying to read into her about what she would really wish for. When Alenia made her demand, a faint smile formed on her lips as she nodded and continued eating then finally. "There are many kinds of strengths and not only a single kind of healing. I think you should come pay a visit to my shop... Perhaps you'd find something of your interest. A body change, a transformation.", she said with a wink. "I even have something that helps with staying young for a long time but it doesn't come cheap.", Blacky was so caught into her profession that she now realized that perhaps she was too much into it for the poor girl. "Here I go again. Once I start talking, I can't stop anymore..."

Leaning forward, she gave Alenia a headpat while smiling softly, then leaned back as she didn't want to impose too much on her. "I can lead you to it after we're done... I will even give you a friendly discount, too. Think of it as a compensation for listening to me being so chatty.", she said.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Alenia would nod some more as she listened to Blacky. She figured there would be more. More specific potions. She also knew that the potions wouldn’t be free either but was she really willing to buy some of these potions. She was curious however and would take the potion witch up on her offer.

”Sure, I wouldn’t mind coming with you to see just much potions you have. Maybe I’ll find something I really like there,” she told Blacky.

• Love 2

Blacky would give her a nod and this time, she would try to remain quiet. Only when they had finished, Blacky got up from her bench but waited for Alenia to follow before she would lead her elsewhere. Thankfully, her shop was not in any dark corner of the fortress. In fact, the area looked well lit. Inside the room, the window did well to provide some light inside but most of the light would be from some torches. Inside, the girl could find a set of potion making tools including a cauldron, many vials of many shapes and forms, the ones filled were mostly stickered or tagged except for a few that contained flowers or objects. There were also scrolls and books, maybe recipes as they were titled with potion-ish titles.

"Here we are... You are free to look around and even enjoy the scent. My only request is that you do not touch anything. Some of these potions or rather mixtures are not only dangerous but may also cause... uncomfortable effects, so to speak. Please tell me if you wish to buy any of them or you have any questions. I am will glad to answer you...", Blacky explained, warning her as well, before she went to take care of some business in her workshop, not leaving the sight of Alenia at least. The furred witch looked very comfortable with her work space, even if surrounded by potions that could give life as much as take it away and pretty quickly. The relaxing scent around the room seemed to be from a flower bottle.

• Love 2

Once the two of them had finished eating, Alenia would get up with Blacky and followed the potions witch to her shop. As they entered, Alenia would note that the place felt rather cozy and did indeed smell good. She looked around at the countless potion bottles which were displayed in the shop and only Blacky knew what she would be able to find here at the shop.

The young elf witch agreed to the terms and would not touch anything, not wanting to get into trouble. When Blacky left to go into the other room, Alenia would begin looking around. She looked at various bottles, reading their descriptions and looking at their designs. They ranged from sensible to weird to downright unbelievable. She really did wonder which to pick if any. She could just look after all.

• Love 2

There seemed to be a potion for about anything Alenia could imagine or about. Some clearly marked with poisons of many kinds, some made to alter body proportions somewhat, or slow down the aging. Invisibility potions, love potions here and there, colorful liquids to help with one's strength or even one's resistance to damage or pain. Simpler potions for concentration or a boost of intellect, usually helpful for spell casting. Potions for stamina, speed, luck, etc. Of course, the amount of possible potions went beyond what Blacky could have in stock and some potions had to be made on demand as well since they involved more "personal" effects regarding the user. Those had to be requested from Blacky.

The witch soon came back and eyed Alenia. "So, anything you fancy? There is no shame about anything found here. Even desires can be fulfilled with the help of a potion and I am not one to judge.", she said with a smile, having carried another potion with her that she put on her shelves. This one seemed to be aimed for something a little more... inappropriate to discuss openly. After what, Blacky removed her hat and sat down, seeming to need a moment to relax while still enjoying the presence of Alenia. For now, she would observe in case the elf needed anything.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Alenia looked over as Blacky returned with a new potion that she put up on the shelf. She was a little intrigued by what it was but it didn’t have a label meaning she would have to ask the potion maker herself.

”Well. There are a lot of options… it’s a little hard to choose really,” she told the other girl and then glanced over at the new potion asking, “what does that one do? The one you just brought out.”

• Love 2

Blacky smiled a little as Alenia faced the trouble of having lot of choices. "Oh, I understand... Still undecided on what you may need now or later. But you see, I am for the most always here so you may return whenever you like. Perhaps you might need something today and then something else, tomorrow.", she told the girl, soon bringing another potion to her. "I know you have spoken of healing, before. This is a common one for you. A simple restoration potion that you can use however you like. Think of it as a first time gift.", the furred witch said with a soft smile.

When asked about the potion she just brought, Blacky herself seemed to blush slightly before she recomposed herself. "Ahem... I do not believe that this one would interest you. But I would not judge if it did... Remember when I mentioned desires? Unlike a love potion that might make you lose your clarity for the sake of love, this one...", she started, looking at Alenia and wondering how she could explain this in an appropriate manner, "...This one affects the body instead of the mind, so to speak. Oh but the mind will enjoy it.", She said, blushing. "For being naughty..."

• Love 2

Alenia would accept the potion that Blacky handed to her and smiled saying, “oh yes, a healing option would definitely come in handy,” she smiled at her and listened as she began to explain her newest potion. As she did so, Alenia could feel herself beginning to blush as well as she heard just what it would do some someone.

”Oh… that… ok… wow… yeah… I don’t think I will have any use for that one…” she told Blacky and looked back to her healing potion in her hands saying, “I think this will do for now…”

• Love 2

Blacky nodded with a smile, soon leaving behind this awkward moment. Although the black witch was fine with it but explaining it was, if anything, an amusing experience. "If you require my services, you know where to come. For the time being...", she said and picked up her hat that she set on her head once more, minding the ears that fit into specific holes made for them, she looked at Alenia. "You said that you knew the Lady Pelintira. Are you by any chance going to visit her? If so, I will come with you. I may inquire about her need for a potion, if there is."

Making sure that everything was in order in her shop, she prepared to leave it once more since Alenia said she would not take more potions than the healing one offered to her. There always was another day for something fancy. Besides, she was still on her break and other students probably would not come to see until the afternoon. With this, the furry witch looked at the elf, waiting for her to leave for the study.

• Love 2

Pelintira had been silently listening.  Of course she could speak to the two of them from her current spot, if she chose to.  But if they were going to both come to her, there was little point.  She had wondered if Alenia would choose something strange, things in the body modification area or things like that.  But it there was no problem with the fact she did not.  It perhaps made since.  That the girl was more cautious after her last request to learn went where it did.  "Looks like we will have a chance to discover the purpose of the random potion soon enough."  She observed to herself, and Mao.

• Love 2

Alenia would nod at Blacky saying, “oh um sure, I guess we could go visit her together.” She then placed the lotion into her pocket and once the furry witch was ready, Alrnia would exit the shop with her and began to lead to her off to Pelintira’s study.

It didn’t take them long at all. As they approached, she would knock on the door and then entered with Blacky and called out, “Mistress Pelintira? It’s me, Alenia.”

• Love 2

As they both left together, Blacky took a good look around, as she enjoyed the ambience of the fortress. She usually didn't hang very long with a student or another but the time she had spent with Alenia had been worth it. Maybe she could become a future customer. Everyone needed potions once in a while. It would not be too long before they reached the study and Blacky recognized the area and the door. Since the elf girl was the one knocking for a response, she remained behind to wait while letting her do their entrance. IF Pelintira was there to see them.

Mao was waiting patiently in the room while the old witch seemed to know exactly what was happening or what was going to happen. The catgirl didn't really feel the need to question it. Of course she would know everything, with the amount of experience and magic means she had. Still, after the witch told her that they would soon find out about the potion, it did not take long before a knocking on the door surprised her, making her turn around. Flying to the door, Mao pulled it open with her weight against the close wall and looked outside, staring at the sight.

Outside was the elf girl they knew and then was this taller furred humanoid who, in some ways, could be comparable to her own self in paws and other similar details. This woman was definitely bigger than she was, though. Out of politeness, Mao pulled the door open and flew back away. "Mistress, we have guests...", she simply said, informing her of their arrival. Blacky couldn't help but smile at the sight of the little purple familar who opened the door for them. 'Definitely cute', she thought. She would wait for Alenia to enter before she did go in herself, however.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Pelintira set the crystal aside, but remained in her chair as the two entered.  "I am pleased you seem to have slept well.  Was keeping an eye on you, to make sure there was no trouble after yesterday."  She calmly spoke to Alenia.  "Do not be too afraid to experiment with her potions, though there is nothing wrong with taking your time either.  There are many sources for study and growth, exploration into magic."  She turned her eyes to her merchant.  "At the moment, I do not desire a potion.  But I was hoping to speak with you as well.  Mao here, found a potion sitting out seemingly randomly.  While I have my guesses, you would know for certain what sort of potion it was, and perhaps who bought it and seemed to forget about it.  Show her the bottle, Mao."

• Love 2

Alenia nodded at Pelintira wondering why she was concerned about how she slept but shrugged it off. She would tell her, “oh I know… I just wanted to make sure I got the walking down first before I tried more complex and complicated things,” she told the older witch. She also blinked as she heard the story about the potion bottle. Did Blacky sell someone else a potion before they had met? She wanted to hear as well what kind of potion it was.

• Love 2

After Blacky entered the room, she watched the others calmly while they spoke. Mao seemed to observe her quietly on her side as well. When Pelintira addressed her about a certain potion left somewhere, Blacky's eyes showed some concerns, wondering what kind of potion that it was. Especially if the witch herself did not know what it was. Her eyes shifted to Mao who obeyed and brought the heart sticker potion to her, which made the furred witch smile slightly. Blacky picked up the bottle, opened it and took a sniff out of it to confirm before she looked at Pelintira. "Ah yes, the scent of naive passion seekers... I believe that I've sold this potion no longer than a few days ago. Very careless to leave this around but not harmful. As I can see, someone had a bit of fun with it already, without surprises.", she said, seeming amused by the situation.

Clearing her voice, Blacky closed the bottle and looked at the others in the room. "As you may have guessed already, it's a potion made specially for one to make another fall in love with them. I am sure the heart was a giveaway but I've had put a label on it. I think some careless student not only removed it but also left it alone... I will have to give them a scolding the next time I see them. If someone else had drunk the content, he would have be in for quite a surprise.", she explained while Mao felt glad she didn't take a sip. At the same time, she also knew that potions were not to be treated lightly. They were not only a delicious drink at times but also gave diverse and sometimes unwanted effects on the drinker. Blacky's eyes shifted to Pelintira once more. "I will be taking this with me and dispose of it properly.", she told her, putting it away.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

"Yes, I suspected that it was likely that.  Just wanted to make sure nothing mislabeled had been left out."  Pelintira did not care about her apprentices drinking stuff like that.  Did not even care that much if one tricked another into drinking it without knowing.  That was a lesson in itself.  The drinker could try to undo the effect with magic, or maybe it would lead to a couple that would not have been drawn together otherwise.  "This bottle was just left out..."  She began lecturing Alenia.  "You said you did not have interest in such potions.  But keep in mind, someone who has  interest in you might try to get you to drink one.  Possibly without knowing it.  I do not forbid such things.  It up to you to be prepared."  Though maybe she would enjoy it if she actually experienced it.  But that was not Pelintira's plan to experiment with currently.  If it happened, it would be at someone else's hands.

• Love 2