Forbidden Magic - Elven Witches: SataiRolePlayingGuyxAirAllie14xWarning

Note to readers:  Another story in the lovely, ever growing Vanoria setting.  Though this one will be in another part of the world, with no contact with and little awareness of the Vanorian Emipre.  A three person story, to explore other aspects and lands of the world.

Far to the north, beyond the Vanorian Empire.  Beyond the Ancient Elven Empire north of Vanoria, was a wild lightly settled land.  Ancient homeland of the elves, a reminder of their wild past.  Now mostly abandoned for the great empire to the south.  The only realm so far strong enough to hold back the might of the Vanorian Empire.

But the empire of the elves could be suffocating as well.  There were no slaves there.  But everyone had a purpose assigned from birth.  It did not matter what you felt.  That would be your role for life.  And elves did not grow old.  Only the emperor himself could give an elf a new position.  While that did happen, it was exceptionally rare.  For most who wanted something else abandoning the empire was the only solution.  This was allowed, but it meant forever giving up your citizenship in the empire.  No help would come to you if you were unprepared to live on your own.

Deep in wilds there were many secret things happening.  Many creatures lived out here, self exiled elves, small human settlements, villages or tribes, with no king united them, dwarves in the mountains.  Other unusual creatures could be found as well, some never heard of in southern lands.

Deep in the woods, along the mountains that bordered it, was a woman spoke of in legend and rumor.  The elf Pelintira.  She was quite old, though as an elf she certainly did not appear so.  She went into exile long ago.  Stories said it was because she was a mage of the elven emperor.  A powerful one.  But she could not stand the rules, limits, of what magic she could study or use.  She established a home in the wild, where she was free to study.  Legends about her in the empire became wild.  Forbidden magic, forbidden knowledge, freedom.  If you were brave enough to seek it, to go into exile and find her, maybe you could gain these things.  Necromancy.  Demon summoning.  Zombification/mind control.  Mutation.  Life beyond dealt.  The stories suggested she studied all these things, who knew what else.  That performed sacrifices to obtain her power.  That even the emperor feared her power now, hated it, but did not dare move against her.

Only someone who found her could learn the truth of these things.  She did have a few apprentices of course.  There were others as well.  That she employed in her home to provide various supplies, that they could also sell to those near by.

The home was best described as a fortress magically crafted into the mountain, continued underground and up into some of the surrounding trees.

At the moment Pelintira was in her study.  A room full of books and a great collection of artifacts.  She was doing study on her own.  But at this time of day, her students and others were allowed to visit her.  She encouraged students to study on their own.  But she would give advice too, sometimes personal lessons.  Sometimes they worked together if the student was doing something that interested her.

When students asked about the legends, if she performed such magic.  She usually did not answer the question.  But she encouraged her students to dig through the library and artifacts.  Not be afraid to study anything.  They were here for freedom, nothing was forbidden to study.

• Love 2

Alenia was a citizen of the Elven Empire. She was born there and had seen first hand how everyone lived there. Everyone was given their assigned jobs and made to do them. Alenia would watch day after day, her parents doing the same thing, hating it but not doing anything about it. She was still young according to elven laws so she did not have to work yet but she knew the day would come where she would have to do the same as her parents, work the same job day in  and day out for the rest of her lives. She hated it. 

One night, Alenia had enough of her life in the elven empire and was done waiting around for her inevitable fate. She was young according to the elves and looking at her one would mistake her for a chile but she was older than most, she knew she would probably be able to handle herself. In that night, she would back her bags, only essentials and then left, more like, escaped the elven empire and ran off into the woods.

She spent days wondering the woods, she didn’t know how long. She had blown through all of her food and water and was on the brink of death when she came across Pelintira and her home. She like other elves had heard stories of her and could not believe she was real. She did not want to die in her current situation and so she choose to become an apprentice of her and from that day forward she would be fed and had a place to stay all while leaning magic in the process. This life was good, far better than the one she had left behind. She was old according to most people but in actuality she was actually quite innocent for her age which played in more with her childlike appearance. She leaned a lot from her new mistress and would continue to learn something new everyday.

On this day in particular she was studying on her own but none of the spells she was reading about seemed to interest her. She wanted to learn more.

Picking herself up she would find Palintira’s study, knocking on the door first and then entered after, “mistress… I grow tired of the spells you gave me to study… I want to learn something new…”

• Love 2

Among the beings in the fortress existed what could best be described as a purple anthropomorphic cat creature with light purple hair, sized comparably to a human child. Her existence or presence at the fortress would be not without thanks to the owner, serving as a familiar of some kind, wearing a unique set of clothes giving the aspect of a school uniform. While she was capable of walking, she also had the capability to float in the air with magic or even teleporting herself, being the good familiar that she was. Her other particularities, physical or magical, were not exactly known to many who were not concerned but she also was not a hidden being inside this place. Mao would be seen here and there depending on where she was needed or where she was sent for tasks.

Mao was not exactly the most affectionate being toward everyone but it did not stop her from allowing others to pet her if they really insisted. As long as it did not impede any orders she was given to accomplish in what time limit she was given to do it. Otherwise, life for her was pretty calm as it was. It would happen at times that Mao would be one of the first sights that new arriving elves or else would see when they come but not always, depending on if she detected them or not, during a time that she was free although she was not the first one to meet Alenia the day she had arrived. She might still have met with her before during a time she wandered about. For the time being however, she was not anywhere to be seen in the fortress, or at least it appeared this way.

As Alenia would show up at the study and knocked, Mao would show herself but not directly in front of her, appearing with her teleportation magic while her paws were above the ground, floating as usual. Surely that she was not very far inside the room to know that the girl was there but she remained clear from being in the way since the elf was addressing the mistress. Her request to learn new magic was daring and her bright yellow eyes observed Alenia with attention yet not interfering, keeping quiet for the moment as her tail swayed peacefully from a side to another. Mao might have been floating there in a darker side of the room but she was not trying to be creepy or anything. If anything, she was merely curious about the girl, her request and what Pelintira would say.

• Love 2

The young were always overly eager to learn.  That was what Pelintira thought anyways.  “My whole library is available to you, Alenia.  You have grown bored of it already?”  She asked, looking up from a book, with a hard to read small smile on her face.  Freedom to study anything you wanted was available here.  But it was not quite so simple, especially for the inexperienced.  “You aren’t a human girl, desperately racing against the clock, on the verge of death before you have moderate skill.”  She did not think much of even the most powerful human mages.  She had studied magic for many human generations.  Time, study, practice. These were not the only things that mattered but they were important.  Shortcuts were available, but…

”Magic is something to enjoy the long slow study.  More importantly, it can be very dangerous to explore what are not ready for.”  This was a statement that could be interpreted one way.  But it was not necessarily referring to forbidden magic.  Even stronger versions of conventional spells could overwhelm a careless caster.  You had to build your potential, to be able to cast powerful magic without destroying yourself.

• Love 2

Alenia would sigh and pour a little saying, “I know… there is a great big library here with rows and rows and pages and pages of endless spells however… I just can’t find a spell I really want to learn at the moment,” she explained to Pelintira. She knew that Mao was probably around the room as well so her words were being observed by them both.

”I would like a spell recommended by you mistress, or rather, I don’t want to read about a spell and learn it, I would much rather learn directly from you, I find it better that way,” she told her mistress.

• Love 2

Mao advanced slowly to a better lighted area of the room after a bit, having listened to both. The mistress was indeed correct, at least in her knowledge according to what she was taught, that magic was not a simple affair but a study of a life. Even though she could not really speak for herself, not being one of them in this regard. She was herself a magical creature, after all. Moving closer to Alenia and flying to the level of her eyes, she took a good look at the young elf after she spoke before she flew to Pelintera's right side, slightly behind her. Mao's soft voice was finally heard but she mostly whispered, "Maybe what she wants is not a new spell but a moment with you...". Flying from behind the witch to her left side instead yet keeping her eyes on her, she continued, "This could be very interesting...". Her eyes shifted to look toward Alenia while remaining at her current location. A barely visible smile could be noticed in her expression although it was nothing malicious.

• Love 2

Pelintira had been aware of the third presence in the room.  One of the interesting creatures she had found after making her way out here.  Things never seen in the south.  What the voice said was not that strange.  This girl, who she had rescued, somewhat following her path, but much less skilled in magic than she already was when she left the empire.

Of course the young one wanted personal time with her.  Personal lesson, maybe other things.  But she needed someone special, to take personal lessons from her.  Not just anyone could follow in her footsteps.  Of course her familiar of sorts was more aware of the truth.  Seen private chambers and materials.  Knew at least some of the stories about Pelintira were very true.

Was the girl capable of such magic?  There were several factors behind that question.  Did she have the skill?  Was she willingness to get her hands dirty?  There were costs to such magic too, and some did not have the stomach for the effects.  She closed her book, looked to the girl.  “Well then, you want a lesson from me personally?  Something new?  What is your greatest or most secret desire, Alenia?  What do you dream of accomplishing through magic?  Do not hold back, I told you there are no rules here.  What would you ask someone of my skill to teach you?”  She was hoping something interesting, and learn more about her apprentice.  What did she wish to learn from the ancient mistress of magic, studying for centuries…millennia?  Did Alenia believe the stories?  Did she have a curiosity for such magic?

• Love 2

Alenia would blinked as she saw the familiar make her presence know in front of her, looking her ip and down, it had now been her first time seeing Mao. She wondered what she was thinking, how she was judging and assessing her. She would watch as she floated over to her mistress  and would hear voice coming out as a whisper though she could not make out what she was saying.

Finally she would watch her mistress close her book and turn to her, giving her the attention she wanted. Her questions then came out. They were difficult, deep questions but Alenia would do her best to answer them.

”I… yes, I would like personal lessons and I do what to learn something new. My greatest desire… what I want to accomplish…? I-I don’t know… I… I want to be like you mistress…. You have been alive for so long, have studied countless forms of magic and have seen so much, I want you to teach me it all… as for what I would do with my newfound magic… I do not know as yet but… part of me wants to go back to the even empire and free then out their situations. I left there because I was fed up with the system they lived in and did not want my life to be planned out and set in stone. I wish to go back there and free the citizens, I want them to be able to choose what they want to do with their lives,” she spoke rather nobly of her goal to Pelintira.

• Love 2

Mao flew around the witch but this time, moving closer to Alenia again, finally landing on her paws. This time, she'd look even shorter than the elf girl herself. Her eyes locked onto the girl after she spoke, the cat girl thought to address her wish, "You look barely capable of standing there... What makes you think that you can free your people? You lack experience and courage.". The familiar was blunt, even though she did not exactly mean to sound cruel. As the mistress had explained, rushing magic study could lead to disaster. Perhaps the girl's wish was noble but her recklessness could lead to her own ruin. Or worse... "Without training yourself properly first, you will surely lose yourself." Whether she was out of line or not, it was still something she thought to remind.

Mao however did not say more as she did not want to speak for Pelintira; the catgirl, while blunt, still knew her place. A side of her however felt that Alenia also needed to remember hers. To become a powerful witch, at least one required to save a kingdom's people, required a long time of work. Elevating herself in the air, Mao then returned to the side of Pelintira. The decision to entertain Alenia's wishes was ultimately in the hand of the legendary witch. The purple cat would not dare speak against it and she would also obey if any orders or tasks were given to her in this event.

• Love 2

That was amusing.  Alenia was quite ambitious.  “You want to try to knock some sense into that man?  I was his personal mage once, you know?  Long, long ago.  I give him some credit.  You would find it hard to imagine our old ways.  Before he built his empire.  His ancient grudge with those Vanorians down south.  The empire was built to fight them, the only one that has succeeded so far.  The magic they use is a key weapon in that success.”  The wild elves.  The pre-empire days.  Pelintira had lived in those days, remembered the old ways.  When they lived among the woods here, avoided the cities and structures humans used.  The Vanorians changed that.  The elves needed to change to win.  She was legitimately impressed with some aspects of the empire, its power.  Though she left for reasons not too unlike her apprentice here.

”The rumors are he fears me of course.  My power.  Perhaps he does.  Though I have not spoken to him in a very long time.”  She could probably protect her home.  It would not be an easy battle though.  She had no desire to provoke it…though if she had a powerful enough apprentice.

”Mao does have a point.  Perhaps, someday, you could do such a thing.  But you are a long way from that.  Even with my personal guidance.”  She glanced to Mao, with a smile.  “She says she wants me to teach her everything.  I wonder if she could handle it?”  It was hard to guess if the girl even had a hint of what she was really asking.  But this conversation was interesting.  She wanted to see where it went.

• Love 2

Alenia would frowned and pout a little at Mao’s words. Sure her goals were ambitious but she had the determination inside of her to want to fight.

She would then look over at Pelintira as she spoke and asked, “if he fears you and if you are so powerful, then why do you not help? Did you not leave for the same reasons as I?” She asked. “If you are not willing to fight them I will. I may not be as capable as you are but that is why I am asking you to teach me. I want to learn from you and be as powerful as you are someday,” she told her mistress and then clenched her fists, “I can handle it! I am ready! I may be speaking naive but I don’t care, I want to learn more closely from you, please….”

• Love 2

Mao frowned a little herself upon the words of Alenia, making her come back closer to her but without touching the ground, this time. "Now, you are being insolent... You have guts but no magic. Besides, not every witches become powerful unless they train very hard. This means starting from the beginning.", she explained to the elf. And yet, she wondered what the head witch could even teach her if not basic magic spells, in term of what Alenia could handle. That was not the place for her to decide, however. Mao couldn't help but think that another witch would be better to teach this one some spells befitting her current level but again, it was not her decision to make. She could at the very least sense some of her magic power and this made her look back to Pelintira, seeking to know what the person concerned herself thought about this whole idea, if she chose to train her. For Mao herself, this could make for some amusement to watch Alenia train under one this powerful.

• Love 2

There was a slight chill and darkening of the room, though Pelintira continued to smile.  “I left because I chose to live free, to study in peace.  I have learned a great deal.  I could bring war to the empire, unleash the limits of my power.  It would be rather bloody though.  Their mages individually do not match me, but they would certainly put up a fight.”  She stood up, walked towards Alenia, an intense aura surrounding her.  “You have ambition, spirit.  But you are a novice.  You have only the hint of my power.  You want to learn something new, special?  You want to learn from me directly?  It might destroy you, mind, body and soul.”  Maybe it was worth testing her, see if Alenia could someday match her power.

”You want to learn everything, I know?  What if I told you all the stories they say about my magic are real?  I have studied the darkest arts.  Nothing is taboo to my studies, my power.  Are you willing to walk that path.  A great deal of it is what lesser minds call ‘evil’.”  Of course she had standards in how she used her magic, did not cause suffering just because.  But many would be disgusted if they saw some of the magic she was capable of.

To actually teach someone that side of her magic, it had been a long time since she had such a fresh experience.  If the girl was willing, not scared, and had the potential.

• Love 2

Alenia would step back a little as Pelintira approached her and she saw her overwhelming aura. She had never seen an aura like it before. Compared to that and the magical power she could sense from the older witch she was nothing.

As she spoke, Alenia would frown a little at her words. Was it true? If she tried to learn under her, would it really cause that much damage to her? And then there was the other thing she said, the thing that made her shiver a little. Was it really true that she had knowledge of dark, evil magic? If she tried to tap into that, what would it do to her?

Alenia would stand there, listening to everything and took a moment to process it before finally she spoke. “Yes… u am a novice, which is actually why I want to learn under someone like you!” She told Pelintira and then uttered, “I don’t care if it will destroy me, I don’t care if it will corrupt me, turn me evil, I want to learn under you! Learn everything I can from you! I don’t care the risks!”

• Love 2

Mao crossed her arms while she still floated in place, having watched Pelintira herself approaching the young elf. The complete recklessness about her own safety was not all surprising but still concerning. Exactly what she had warned her about a moment before and yet Alenia was ready to go through it. It made the catgirl question her sanity a little or perhaps there was another reason she really wanted to lose herself for the sake of power. Greed for strong magic never really lead anywhere good for anyone. Something she could easily expose but her eyes observed.

Looking at Pelintira, she wondered if opening that rabbit hole was a good idea or not. Of course, everyone was free to learn whatever they wished. The problem was not there but when one didn't know their limit, as the legendary witch already had warned as well, it could bring to disaster from inside the fortress itself. "Maybe we should consider the potential consequences. The library has many kinds of magic teaching but her absolute need to learn from you could...", she started but hesitated. There were not many ways to say it. Alenia was heading toward her own end...

• Love 2

“You are still innocent.  Like I said, don’t think of it as evil.  Though others might call you that if they learn about it.”  Pelintira calmly corrected her apprentice.  “Do not expect to grow near my power anytime soon though.  You cannot catch up to thousands of years of study and practice quickly.”  She turned to Mao.  “She simply wanted to learn something new after all.  The basics should not harm her, especially with my presence.  Though I wonder if she would be willing to get her hands bloody already?  Maybe you should find a virgin sacrifice for Alenia, from one of the villages.”  There much that could be done with that.  An introductory step into the dark arts.  It was a test for how far the young elf would go, and something that could be useful for her magic.  “…If you pass the tests, Alenia…I may show you the private library.”  Of course she kept her materials for this sort of magic isolated.  Only a special apprentice could be trusted to see one.  Would Alenia be that one?  They would find out eventually.

• Love 2

Alenia nodded along with Palintira’s words. She was still so innocent. She wondered if getting into these things would really be the best for her. This is what she needed however. The basics wouldn’t be so bad. Of course she could have learned the basics from any book but no she didn’t want to learn from a book. She wanted to learn straight from the master herself. She knew getting to Palintira’s level would not come quick or easily but knew that in time hopefully she would get to that level.

She was all smiles until she heard what the older witch said next to Mao. “S-sacrifice..?! N-no! Please… I-I don’t think something like that would be necessary…. I-I don’t think I’m ready for that…” she stuttered out. Alenia was innocent but she was also pure hearted. She didn’t want to hurt anyone. Didn’t want anyone to get hurt because of her. She did want to overthrow the elven empire but she did not intent to kill anyone.

• Love 2

Mao followed the conversation quietly, seeing the high witch trying to reason with the young one and yet still entertain the idea of showing her how things really worked. As Pelintira turned to her, her eyes shifted to meet hers. She was right that basics should be harmless, especially if under watch by the owner herself. When Alenia was referred to again, Mao looked back toward the young elf, observing her for a moment until an important task was suddenly given to her and it made her look back to Pelintira. A smile drew on her face as she nodded, happy to be useful. "I will be back soon, then...", she simply said. Despite Alenia's reticence, it was something that was needed to be done. Using of her own magic, Mao could be seen teleporting away, leaving the two alone.

• Love 2

Pelintira kept smiling at the young elf.  “Looks like Mao already went to get one.”  She put a had on Alenia’s shoulder.  “You already opened the door.  Don’t be scared.  There are many opportunities here.”  They were going to start with a big step, one Alenia might have felt unprepared for.  But if she wanted to explore dark magic, she needed to develop a stomach for things she might find distasteful.  “Besides, you might make a…friend out of this.”  There were many options here.  Magic that could be used from this starting point.  “Come now”. She took her apprentice’s hand and a magic circle appeared below them.

With a flash they were in a room Alenia had never seen before.  Dark stone, with dim glowing red runes in the wall.  In the center, an altar, surrounded by a currently dark circle, with chains at the side of the altar.  “This is where the young girl shall go,  when Mao returns.  Where you will soon learn your first lesson of a new sort of magic.”

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 2

Before Alenia could protest forward, she felt Pelintira grab her and lead her to the magical circle and before she knew it she was whisked away to somewhere she did not know. As she looked at the alter and chains, she knew exactly what would be happening.

She would fall to her knees and began to clutch her head, beginning to panic. “No… this can’t be happening… I-i don’t want… I don’t want to sacrifice anyone…” she muttered to herself. If she knew that this was involved, she would have never agreed to this.

• Love 2

Mao had teleported outside the fortress only to fly to one of the villages next. Detecting a virgin was not very hard for her. Best even if she was a little menacing about it. When she found the one she needed, all she needed to do was get close to her and touch her to then teleport back to the study. Within her reach, there was no way for the girl to escape anyway. Upon not seeing any of the high witch or the young one, the next location was easy to determine. Not letting the time for her captive to take a look around, she instantly teleported away once more only to find herself where both were this time. Pulling the girl to the altar, she would then hold her down with magic chains before actually binding her with real ones, dispelling the no longer required magic.

As her task was done, she turned to Pelintira and Aliena, ignoring the young girl's panic for the moment. "Done, mistress. I found a suitable one for your need, hopefully. Is she doing alright, though?", she asked, curiously. Mao knew exactly what potential reaction being brought to do a sacrifice would do on one so young but despite her usual lack of interest, she could not help but still feel a little concerned for the girl. Seeing her having to face the challenge of dark magic was amusing but seeing her losing her mind was not as much. Sighing, she moved closer to the girl and landed, letting her pet her or whatever for comfort if she really wanted. It would not make her avoid what was coming, unless Pelintira decided so, but it might give her some sort of comfort.

• Love 2

Pelintira let Mao try to comfort Alenia as she looked over the girl.  Young long brown hair, in a simple peasant’s dress.  She helplessly struggled against the chains.  “What is this this?!  Where am I?!”  Then then Elf’s face stood over her, an icy fear filled girl’s heart.  “…No…no…not you…”. She had never seen the ancient witch, but legends and rumors of terror had spread about her throughout the region.  The girl was certain where she was now and terrified of her fate.  “…Relax, young one…”. Pelintira coldly comforted her.  “You should feel honored.  You have been chosen to help unlock the secrets of the universe.”  She walked back over to the other two.  Set a knife on the ground, in front of Alenia.  “You told me, you did not care if learning from me, ‘turned you evil’, as you put it.  This girl is not to be killed just because we can, or fun.  This act is not meant to give you any power directly.  It is a test.  To see if you have the stomach to study dark magic.  And a tool to teach you a spell or two after it is over.  I will not rush you though.  I know this will be very difficult for you.  Take as much time as you need, when you are ready, plunge that knife into her heart.”  She fiddled, almost playfully with an object in her other hand, covered by a cloth, hidden for now.  “Just remember.  You are about to explore a world you can’t imagine.  With magic like this…who knows what will happen?”  Pelintira did have a plan here of course.  But she was not going to tell her new apprentice what was coming.  First she had to decide, was she serious enough about what she said before?  Could Alenia do what was necessary to learn her mistresses darkest secrets, share a power no apprentice had yet?

• Love 2

Alenia watched as Mao would return with the victim and now she only began to panic even more. She watched as Mao would approach her and instantly she would hug her and let out a squeak of fear. The familiar’s fur felt so soft and smooth, it bring her to some level of comfort but that comfort was ripped away when Pelintira suddenly dropped the knife before her. 

She looked down at it and immediately began to panic once more. She couldn’t do it. She couldn’t kill someone. She had given her word that she didn’t care but could she really do this? There was the promise of powerful magic as well but was it really worth it? Was this what she had to do to be like Pelintira.

”I-I can’t…. I can’t…!”

• Love 2

Mao's eyes widened as she found herself hugged by nothing less than a completely terrified girl. Normally, she never really got to touch anyone this closely or at least nobody ever touched her this closely but the catgirl would not push her away. Gently holding her as well, even she started to wonder if it was wise to push her this far. Pelintira was a master witch of her own making but this girl was fresh new at this and really not anywhere close to be capable of committing such act. Mao could solve this by simply taking her away but her hesitation was palpable. Witches had the freedom of learning whatever they liked, no matter what form of magic that it was but this young elf would not be able to handle this without breaking her own mind. Even if the test was not what it looked like, this was already putting a toll on the girl. Closing her eyes for a second while Alenia was still in her grasp, she soon opened them to look at Pelintira.

"I'm sorry, mistress...", Mao simply said before her magic snapped and teleported both herself and Alenia back to the study for now, knowing fully well that Pelintira could join them as quickly. The idea was not to try to escape but at least to give the young elf a moment of respite, to collect herself. She had made the choice to meet with the legendary witch, to request personal teaching from her but Mao had a feeling that Alenia had gotten more on her hands than she really bargained for. Something that Pelintira was more than aware of, certainly. It was a test but Mao couldn't handle leaving her like this, even still holding her if she did not let go. The catgirl would take whatever fitting punishment for her action if that was required but she still felt that giving the girl a moment to breathe was more important right now. She wouldn't normally care so much as she even had went to pick a sacrifice for it but this proved she still felt concerned.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Pelintira glanced at the girl still chained up on the altar.  "You will have to wait for your moment of destiny."  She put a finger on the girl's forehead and she fell into a deep sleep.  Deep enough to not need food or water while she slept.  Closer to suspended animation.  She put the knife and other tools away.  She was sure Alenia would come to her senses eventually.  But she did not know how long it would take.   They were both immortal though, and she had already lived a very long time.  She could be very patient.  But it was time for a lecture.  One done out of care.

It did not take long for her to reappear.  "Let me be clear, I am not disappointed in you.  I gave you the opportunity for what you asked for.  To learn everything I know.  You still have the opportunity.  But now you have some idea of the costs involved.  Those lessons will only come when you are ready for them.  Such magic involves much you consider distasteful, very dangerous as well.  You will encounter many power beings.  Demons, perhaps gods, or things even I would find to difficult to name.  Worlds you can't imagine.  You are young, inexperienced, there is no shame not being ready yet."  She returned to her books, would let Alenia try to comfort herself Mao.  The girl was free to speak to her about what she just said, or other things, as well.

• Love 2