Push The Button

• Senior Staff

A slight variation of Yes, No, Maybe.
This game revolves around the basic idea of "Would you ______, if ______?" or "Would you ______, but ______?"

More specifically, there exists a hypothetical button. If you were to push this button, x would be granted to you, but y would happen as a result.

For example: "Would you want the power to fly, but everybody hates you?"

In fact, let's take my example as the first scenario. Take it away, ED.

• Senior Staff

(am I doing it right?)

Yeah, pretty much. ^^

Would you go to the Naruto universe, but you would be a criminal in a cell.

Given how easily some of those criminals seem to escape? Sure, why not?

Would you be able to turn into any material, but you could never again physically feel anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff

This has gotten slightly off topic. The point is "press the button and something good happens to you, at the cost of something bad happening (either to you or others)".

No. I wouldn't fuck a cake to start with, let alone record/post it online.

Would you push a button to save two lives, at the cost of a single life?

• Senior Staff

Would you grab the chance to read the best book ever, but you can never remember the story when you finish.

^This is how you play.

would you push a button, but you had to actually give a question XP

^Nooooooooo~~. You almost had it. xD

Maybe: "Would you push the button if you could remember the book, but you had to give a question/scenario?"

Remember guys: Something good at the cost of something bad to either yourself or others.

• Senior Staff

OH THE HUMANITY!

I don't know if I could. Killing kids kind of sucks. xD
To save the human race though? Maybe.
Besides, most of the kids would be in school, so you're kind of saving them too? xD

As an aside, my faith in humanity is pretty much zero anyway.

Would you push the button if Pokémon became real as a result (anime style as opposed to standaround NPCs), but other people had gotten to all the Legendaries first?

• 1 month later...
  • Community Administrator

No. Pokémon are fucking dangerous as shit. I'm not even kidding. I like Pokémon and all but... See VSauce3:

Would you push the button to cure the all medical aliments if it meant that everyone on Earth was subjugated to the new One World Government that has enslaved the entire population for the elites amusement and pleasure?

• 4 years later...

... yes, as long as I could ensure that every third person I meet is like a war criminal or something equivalent with that evidently infinite money I now have.

would you push the button to end all slavery and human trafficking in the world, if it meant everyone who knew you in any way forgot about you and any new memories formed of you would disappear after 24 hours?

Yes. Honestly I'll live in my car if I have to. Veey few people I love anyways, because narcisissm is amazing like that. Huh. Pretty shitty narcisissm, I guess.

Would you become the protagonist of your favorite hentai if doing so made it so grimdark that it made 177013 look like a children's book?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. That's dark. Probably not. I mean. My favorite hentai, sure, but not the ubermaxgrimdark version of it.

Would you push the button to save the life of someone you knew was destined to save millions of lives if you knew s/he was also going to be responsible for the death of you entire family?