Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
SMFoxy

What Video Game Are You/Did You Get Most Hyped For?

SMFoxy
Posted (edited)

What game are you hyped about? Maybe a platform-exclusive releasing soon? Maybe a remake of an old game? Or maybe you got hyped a while ago for an older release? Either way, share here!

Disclaimer: Copied from my recent (as of posting) status...

So hyped for 
BlazBlue Cross Tag BattlePlease get released on Steam!
It's a crossover fighting game featuring BlazBlue (Arc System Works), Persona 4 Arena (Atlus), Under Night In-Birth (French-Bread) (all games that Project BB Team worked on), and RWBY (Rooster Teeth), set to be developed and published by Arc System Works, for a 2018 release.

Edited by SMFoxy

stardust

No lies! Blazblue looks so cool.

I'm an immense Final Fantasy fan. Final Fantasy 14 had their Stormblood expansion recently. I am so hyped about the new things. It's an MMO, and has a strong RPer base too (especially on my server Balmung). So I really really feel hyped for it. 

Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII are two other big names I am so excited for. As a whole, games with fantasy are my big crush.

So much hyyyyype.

• Like 1

CuteWitch

Blazblue Cross Tag seems cool, although Blazblue is only one of the four things I like. I wish Guilty Gear was in it, because Guilty Gear vs Blazblue is the dream crossover. As anyone who is into Arc System Works games will tell you. I understand that Guilty Gear would be too difficult to put in.

I don't really get hyped about games often. Last year there was Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir. A remake of a PS2 game, and my favorite game of all times. The remake fixed all the small problems with the original and added a lot of new content, making it the most perfect game EVER!

• Like 1

Temaelrin

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer here, but... Last time I got hyped for a game; it turned out to be extremely underwhelming (X-Rebirth). Ever since I've been highly skeptical, and when the likes of No Man's Sky came out it kinda got validated. I was highly skeptical about that and it turned out to be around ten or twenty times worse than I expected which has solidified my skepticism to the point where I'm rather cynical. Elite Dangerous is one of those there it started off great, but the subsequent additions and as of writing this post the unfulfilled promises as pretty much crushed any optimism I've got for games, as I was quite hyped about that too.  These are just a handful of experiences that I've had, and just a few examples of many that have not either lived up to their promises or expectations set by the developer(s). I am told that Egosoft (the Creators of X-Rebirth) are making X4 and it'll follow a similar system to the previous X-Games... However they've damaged that trust and I'm not sure if I can trust them again, seeing as they're the cause of my skepticism in the first place. I'd just rather wait for the game to come out and then I'll judge it by various medias to look at it before I buy it.  

Another trend I'm getting put off by with is the over-politicisation of games, where political narratives are injected for no reason what-so-ever other than petty virtue signalling. It doesn't add to the story and overall makes it cringeworthy and comes across as two-dimensional, because; and I hate to break this to any story-writers reading this: No one cares about your political narrative other than you, and no one wants to buy something to preached at by it... For example: I don't mind a trans black lesbian midget in my game, that on it's own doesn't "*trigger*" me. But when his/her sole identity based on the fact that she's a trans black lesbian midget and that's all the character seems to be centred around  then it just comes across as a two dimensional cardboard cutout and crappy. If a game comes out that features such a character and they can make a story line that is just as rich without the political nonsense I'd be invested in that, I don't care that it's a trans black lesbian midget, at the end of the day it's still a fictional person with a believable story, a "Person" if you will. There is so much to more to individual people than group labels, and your preferences and such shouldn't be your whole identity.

That's my two cents.

• Like 3

Neptune

I'm in complete agreement with Wolfie here. Sometimes I find it hard to enjoy the game because I've become aware of these agendas being pushed in our games, and it damn well pisses me off.

But, I think the last game I was hyped for was, and I know it's pretty sad... American Truck Simulator. Don't judge. It's a good game, although I was disappointed by the fact that there were only a few states. But, the European Truck Simulator was a very good game. I loved playing it because it was so relaxing. Not much changed in ATS, apart from the use of American trucks and the map. But they kept the formula the same, and that's just what I wanted. So even though there weren't as many states available as I wished, it is still a good game.

• Like 1

Whoreo

Yea my story isn't good either. I was hyped about Godus, Sim City 4, No Man's Sky and Dayz - all turned out to be complete piles of crap. nowerdays I find it hard to be excited for video games......as Temaelrin said the political shit that is now being injected to appease the unappeaseables just makes me vomit and that's an accurate representation of these games......vomit enducing.

Fallout 4 was one that I was excited about too, it wasn't so much as crap but it felt so different and uncomplicated compared to say FO:NV that it just didn't hold my interests until mods came out......and now Bethesda have that 'creators' thing going on where you have to pay for fictional currency to buy mods from them, I do wonder how long the modders on Nexus have left because of this, before they're sued by Bethesda.

example....the pip boy skins have existed on nexus long before this creation club thing, and now bethesda can make money out of it, I wonder how long it will be until people look at the paid one and see you can get it for free on nexus and decide:

get the free one -> enjoy it -> bethesda get no money -> bethesda sue nexus for letting them host copies of the mods for free (that are probably better anyway.

or decide to make it so you can't mod for FO4 unless you do it through the creators club or whatever, and make it so FO4 or future games can no longer be modded by the Nexus community. it's quite sad really.........yea, I know they have to make money but wasn't the sales of FO4 enough? why piss off your fanbase like this?

I was once hyped about Meincraft and I ended up buying a licence when it was in beta, I was very happy about that.

• Like 1