The Personal Blog of Dr. John H Watson (Warning May Contain Spoiler!)

I'm posting this because NeppyNepNep talked me into it! :P I hope you guys enjoy! 

Please note that there is a spoiler in this so if you have NOT watched the last episode of BBC's Sherlock please don't read this, you'll hate me if you!

The Personal Blog of

Dr. John H. Watson

It’s been two years since Sherlock passed away.  They haven’t been the easiest years; I’ve hurt close friends and family, been an arse and quit my job.  I stood before Sherlock’s grave two years ago and I begged him for one miracle, for him not to be dead...my pleas were not answered.

My therapist said writing this down would help me move on, I don’t see how.  Sherlock was my best friend, yes he was a sociopath but there were times, frequent as they were when he had more empathy and understanding than any other man I’ve known.

I plan on signing up to the Military again, my sister thinks I’m on a mission to get myself killed and maybe she’s right.  It would be better than living this life with half of myself missing.

I suppose this is my last blog.....

John sighed as he sat back his hands running of his face, he couldn’t stay here in 211B Baker Street, each day was like a knife to his heart.  He hadn’t stepped foot in Sherlock’s room, too frightened to disturb what was left of the man.  Blue eyes looked around as he stood from Sherlock’s seat; he moved over to the mantel piece and smiled to the skull. “Not the same without him here....is it?” He asked the thing sighing softly as his hand ran through his blonde hair, he sighed and nodded. “It’s the right thing to do....enlisting again....”

John moved back to the comfortable seat and lowered himself into it, he stared straight ahead trying to figure out why his heart didn’t agree with his head, he didn’t want to be here anymore but something in his heart told him to stay.  Just stay a little longer.  But John just couldn’t understand why, his head jerked to the door to the flat as someone knocked.

He sighed loudly and pushed himself up and out of the seat, everyone had visited him from DI Lestrade to Mycroft and each time John turned them away, he walked to the door and pulled it open not even looking up from the floor.  “I just want to be left alone, why can’t any of you understand that?”

There was silence for a time before the person finally spoke up.  “You want to be left alone, even from me?”  The deep baritone voice shook John to his core, his blue eyes snapped up and looked ahead of him in shock, standing before him was Sherlock a man who was meant to have been dead for two years.  Sherlock shifted nervously and smiled softly. “Hello John....”

John looked at him in shock his heart racing wildly in his chest, tears gathering in his blue eyes as his hands and body began to shake with the shock of it all. “H-Hello.....Sherlock.....” He cleared his throat and lunged forward hugging the younger man tightly.  “Welcome home you git....”

Sherlock smiled and wrapped his arms around John’s body; he dipped his head and nodded slowly. “It’s good to be home.”

Archived