How to be submissive, but active

Just thought about it while writing a review, while this is aimed at playing submissive characters I have the impression that it benefits my overall play too. They realy are applicable to all kinds or roleplay. 

Be advised: Some examples are definitely not safe for work:

Me and plenty of other players love playing submissive characters that get dominated, this often comes with its own set of challenges. How do you contribute to a game if you are bound to a table, unable to move and have.... things in your mouth. 

The most basic idea of roleplaying is to describe your actions. In those situations that won't get you anywhere because you are kept from physically acting. That's the point of bondage. 

Still your body reacts. Describe your reactions, go into detail. Instead of writing "Xyz has been bound to the table for hours now" try to imagine how a body would react to such a situation, it gives your partner an anchor point he can expand on " Xyz lay on the table, helpless. Her legs and arms trembling from being stretched for such along time. She was still gagging as ABC kept on using her mouth for his pleasure but less violent now as she slowly got used to have her throat filled. Her body was covered with a thin film of sweat, the strain that was put on her was exhausting. Her breasts were rising and falling as she tried to fill her lungs with air."

Suddenly we provided our partner wit lots of things to 'play' with. We filled the scene with life. 

And even if your character can't talk, there is always the option of describing his or her feelings and thoughts. What makes things even more interesting if actions and feelings contradict each other. 

Take these examples: "Asd knelt down and gave her customer a blowjob." vs.

"Asd slowly sunk to her knees, taking the customers cock into her hands. Slowly stroking it.

'Wow' she said 'You must be the biggest one I had up till now. I like that.' Slowly she started to stretch her lips around it, sucking in the head.

It wasn't a lie that he was big, although not the biggest. But you don't tell the people that pay your bill that they are only number three. What was a blatant lie though was the thing about liking it. If kneeling in front of a stranger with his cock pumping in and out of your mouth wasn't humiliation enough the big ones always made her chin ache after a while. 

While cough in her own thoughts Asd made sure to never loose eye contact with the customer. She might be minding her own thoughts, but she was a professional for a reason. There were expectations. 

That became quite a long scene. Which I didn't mean to do when writing down the example. Which in my book is a good thing. It means I was able to turn a sterile one sentence answer into a bunch of paragraphs that I thoroughly enjoyed writing. Filled a liveless booker with feelings and thoughts, maybe laying the foundations for a back story. 

Any of you having similar experiences? There own little tricks and Knicks to fill a scene with life? 

It's interesting. Although I don't really follow any guide myself when it comes to the personality of my characters. I still think we can relate when we do the pyramid effect with something we write. Such as in, write the basic idea then stretch it to create a longer and more detailed explanation. I've had tough characters before be submissive but it's mostly in a term of fantasy story where something much stronger than them might find themselves capturing my character for diverse reasons (mostly to use them or force them to work for them). Fear sure can change how a character sees things. This is where I like to play around with the personality of my character without changing them too much but go accordingly to the situation they're in...

In fact, I've had so many different situations with my characters throughout the years that I can say that the oldest of them (10+ years of roleplay, not even joking) went through MANY sort of different and/or challenging situations. I'm not exactly great for pixel sized details though. I can be a bit vague while still getting the point I try to make across. This is where I think it really depends on the person roleplaying as it won't always be the same for everyone. In fact, my oldest character (15+ years of roleplay) is a girl of little words but she has a strong body language when it comes to what she experiences or what she feels, I guess. Fear is not a thing that came often to her but it showed at times, in her own way. :3

Sorry for so many words. I always get excited when I speak of my roleplay experiences. But yeah, I do not think we have the same angle on being submissive as in, my own side wasn't all about lewd scenes but those also happened at certain times and I guess it was an interesting experience. My only shame is that I can't really share much of the experience in words because all of it is only in my brain. If only brain share was a thing but oh well. Developing characters is so exciting that I still find myself to enjoy it nowadays.

Really good tips! Love the example 😍

Because I love humiliation, I sometimes play around with showing the thoughts going on my character's head.

Sometimes it works, but I think I want to try shifting away from that and going 3rd person instead. That way, if my partner (and their character) wanted to hear what my character is thinking, then they'd have to let my mouth be free to talk 🙂

When I did play as a dom once, I often used a lot of dirty talk to get a response from my partner's characters to get their feelings and frustration voiced. In the parts where their mouth was pre-occupied, I would order them to do physical things to respond (like hum with your mouth to agree to my insult to you).

• Senior Staff

You definitely need a lot of help from your partner as well! If your dom takes thirty posts to cum from a blowjob, then your replies are inevitably going to get smaller and less inspired. Like real sex, when things get stale, they become boring and what should be a hot and exciting blowjob turns into a chore, a task that needs completing. To any doms that might be reading this, keep in mind that even in noncon where the victim isn't supposed to enjoy the scenario, you still have to remember the feelings of the person playing the victim, too! Keep things fresh and interesting! Being a dom is a lot harder than just fucking a sub. Do some research if you have to! You'd be surprised at just how expansive the world of BDSM can be!

As for subs, the target audience of the thread, also keep in mind that there are any number of different ways to play a sub. Maybe they're shy and uncomfortable, so their dom is helping them to come out of their shell (with or without force), maybe they're confident in their abilities and use their position as a sub to tease and joke about their dom in an effort to anger him/her. A sub's role could also have the purpose of improving his/her dom's confidence by encouraging them with louder moans. Maybe they aren't submissive at all and are being forced into submission, in which case they might be fighting and spitting insults the entire time. Try to figure out how your character's personality would apply to a submissive role in their specific situation and stay true to that personality! Every character should feel unique when it comes to how they have sex!

On 7/22/2018 at 8:39 AM, Aura said:

You definitely need a lot of help from your partner as well! If your dom takes thirty posts to cum from a blowjob, then your replies are inevitably going to get smaller and less inspired. Like real sex, when things get stale, they become boring and what should be a hot and exciting blowjob turns into a chore, a task that needs completing. To any doms that might be reading this, keep in mind that even in noncon where the victim isn't supposed to enjoy the scenario, you still have to remember the feelings of the person playing the victim, too! Keep things fresh and interesting! Being a dom is a lot harder than just fucking a sub. Do some research if you have to! You'd be surprised at just how expansive the world of BDSM can be!

As for subs, the target audience of the thread, also keep in mind that there are any number of different ways to play a sub. Maybe they're shy and uncomfortable, so their dom is helping them to come out of their shell (with or without force), maybe they're confident in their abilities and use their position as a sub to tease and joke about their dom in an effort to anger him/her. A sub's role could also have the purpose of improving his/her dom's confidence by encouraging them with louder moans. Maybe they aren't submissive at all and are being forced into submission, in which case they might be fighting and spitting insults the entire time. Try to figure out how your character's personality would apply to a submissive role in their specific situation and stay true to that personality! Every character should feel unique when it comes to how they have sex!

---is now really self concious about how long/many posts he makes before his character reaches climax. Is it too many? Too few? Too long? Too short? Internally Myst falls into a pit of self doubt and now has no idea if his self worth as a role player is even valid--

• Senior Staff
21 minutes ago, Mysthero said:

---is now really self concious about how long/many posts he makes before his character reaches climax. Is it too many? Too few? Too long? Too short? Internally Myst falls into a pit of self doubt and now has no idea if his self worth as a role player is even valid--

You need to have a balance! It can't be too quick, but it can't be too slow either. While it is unrealistic, hentai characters tend to cum repeatedly and with perfect timing. In my experience, the best timing is when the posts begin to get repetitive.

@Aura

I was just playing around Aura. I know exactly what you mean.

I am starting to break this habit I have had in roleplays, where I refused to let my characters climax until my partner's character did. It is because that is how I am in real life where I try to control my own orgasm and maintain myself for as long as possible until I know I have managed to satisfy my partner.

The flaw I noticed in this when I roleplay is that a few people I RP with are the same way! They rather the characters cum together rather than expressing a solitary orgasm.

This leads to one of those endless cycles where stuff gets repeated.

Even more so when I have a partner who doesn't actually express their character reaching orgasm at any point.

So it is a trap that I am trying to teach myself to avoid and make the role plays more organic by sometimes making their orgasm sudden and unpredictable.

In my case, it really depends on the character I use but I can't say I'm perfect at that. Some will take longer, some will take shorter, it also depends on how rough the person or the thing is on her. Lot of different variables here that makes it impossible to tell when it will happen. While there is a balance to follow, I also try to be logical in variable terms. I might not be perfect but I guess I am not sooo terrible at it. At least I do not think so... Now if it fulfills the other's expectations or not, this I cannot do much about it. I can't do exactly what the other wants but I had a good RP partner for the longest time so. :3

• 1 month later...

I use similar ideas but I haven’t quite been that descriptive >.> 

I have been enlightened ~ lol

What should you do in the situation where you have had your arms and legs bound and you literally have something so far in your throat you cannot make a sound if you wanted too... 

I am in that position right now in an rp and I am unsure how to be more descriptive than I am...

• 11 months later...

What a great guide you got here!  This is similar to what I do.  I usually try to answer questions like what is my character doing/what are they feeling/what are they thinking.  That usually gives me a basis to start from and then I will address dialogue.  Like you said, I usually try to give my partner something to build off of.

It's all just improv really. Gotta "yes, and" that shit sometimes.

On 14/09/2018 at 07:59, Nyaa~Chan said:

I use similar ideas but I haven’t quite been that descriptive >.> 

I have been enlightened ~ lol

What should you do in the situation where you have had your arms and legs bound and you literally have something so far in your throat you cannot make a sound if you wanted too... 

I am in that position right now in an rp and I am unsure how to be more descriptive than I am...

Do you writhe in agony, or do you grunt(or attempt to) in pleasure?  How does it feel to have something in your throat that far?  You could also do as OP did and describe how your limbs feel being restrained, are you arms or legs turning purple or red?

Believe it or not, I've found playing table top rpg's, such as D&D or Pathfinder, really helps me learn to be descriptive.  Especially if you are the GM/DM.

Archived