The Snack Bar

I was still confused. "My body usually purifies any poison I consume, that's why I am curious if its the drinks or if its me..." I raised my hand pointing my index finger in front of me as to analyze it. I snap my fingers and a small flame bursts as if a lighter were in my hand. 

I sigh in relief. "Looks like its the drink. Sorry due to battle, I get super paranoid about everything. I am hoping this island helps me learn to relax." I lift my glass happily taking another sip to enjoy the alcohol.

Alia was shocked a bit seeing the flame for that split second. She continued to drink from her glass. “O-oh.... I’m sure you’ll learn to relax here. There’s nothing to worry about here. No fighting, no problems, no worries. What was that anyways....? That flame....?”

@DigiDJ

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

StaffCinnamon: There was a quiet girl who had been been sitting behind the bar on a stool watching the various guest. For a while she had been focusing on the two sitting at the bar. Then she hopped off of her stool, grabbed a few glasses, and then walked over to where they and stood in front of them on the other side of the bar. "This island is a vacuum." She sits one glass down on the bar. "This place draws in guest from various places, worlds, and even times." She punctuates each source by placing a glass around the original glass. "Your worlds are also caught in this vacuum." She places a two more glasses. "The veil that separates these different places and times from this world is thin, and all it takes is a simple ripple, your desires, for your world to connect to ours. If these glasses were full to the brim, your desires would make them over flow and you would spill out and connect to our glass...I would demonstrate, but I'm not supposed to make messes..." she spoke calm and quietly. A look into her eyes would hint to the fact that she had been through a lot, but at the same time even, now she had found peace. She starts to clear up her glasses so they can get back to their conversation in peace. "As for your powers, there is no need for you to worry. This islands magic can not dampen your powers against your will. If our alcohol is affecting, you must have some desire to let it affect so you can relax more. The islands magic can help with that at least." She finishes speaking before politely bowing a taking her various demonstration glasses with her, putting them away and returning to her stool.

@AirAllie14 @DigiDJ

Edited by Lollipop

Derek's eyes were raised content with a surprised explanation of how the island works. "To be honest, it doesn't surprise me." I laugh awkwardly to get us back on track. "The fire thingy?"I raise my hand sprouting a full flame from my hand, it lights up our faces as we converse. "I am somewhat of a supernatural being. I have the ability to sprout massive forces of energy, mine just resembles fire, which in turn allows me to control fire pretty well too. Kind of like a fire ender from Avatar, but without the martial arts requirements." I close my palm and the flame goes out. The glow disappearing from our faces. @AirAllie14

Edited by DigiDJ

Val entered the snack bar, he had been roaming aimlessly around the island for a while, a demon out of time. But Cinnamon had been on his mind the entire time.  When he saw her, his gentle gaze would not lift from her. He walked over and sat near her.

"I enjoyed my last evening here with you Lady Cinnamon.  May I... Have the pleasure of your company some more? Nothing else so far has brought me such warmth."

@Lollipop

“W-wow....” Yukki gasped looking at the fire in the palm of Derek’s hand. “Amazing...” she said looking down at it and then watched as he made it fade away. Yukki then plushies and said, “I suppose I’m a little bit like you considering that I can do strange things as well.” 

Yukki looked at a glass sitting far from them on another table. She extended her hand towards it and the glass began to move. It floated off of the table and into her hand. “I cannot control fire like you. My power is air magic. I can control air.”

@DigiDJ

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

“Y-yeah.... I guess it does....” Yukki said softly. “In my world, there exists magic and different people can do different things with that magic, I’m the only one that can control the air with it....” she sighed a little and looked down, “I’m not good though.... I can’t control it very well. There’s a bunch of broken cups in my room from practicing, this time though, I did it...”

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

StaffCinnamon: She notices when he enters the and watches him as he sits near her and speaks. A cheeks start to redden slightly. With out saying anything she hops off of her stool and reaches under the bar. She retrieves a large bottle of saki and grabs a glass. She then walks over to him, sitting the glass down in front of him, and begins to pour him a drink. "This is what you liked last time."  Her demeanor is just as calm and peaceful as ever and she pours the drink for him quietly. Once she finished she stood next to him and awaited a response patiently holding the large bottle closely to herself.

@Balthier

Edited by Lollipop

Val couldn't help but smile warmly when he saw Cinnamon's reaction. He politely took the drink she poured and downed it. He put his arms around her and gently guided her in close to him and gave her a hug, feeling her chest against his. "I have missed you." He felt his heart pulling at him as Cinnamon came closer.

Edited by Balthier

I notice you getting down on yourself. "Hey, yeah you did great there! Practice makes perfect right? I spent years owning my craft and you did well just there." I try to comfort you more, using my past to reflect on this moment, "When I was training to do just that little flame, I burnt down an entire warehouse before." I laugh at myself, "luckily it was just me inside, but it was expensive to put back together" @AirAllie14

Edited by DigiDJ
@

StaffCinnamon: The blush on her face grows redder as he pulls her closer. She can sense his need for warmth and affection and how glad he was to see her again. "...Welcome back." She nestled into him, feeling the warmth of his body. "I'm...I'm happy you came back."

@Balthier

Edited by Lollipop

Yukki gasped a bit saying, “my goodness.... well I suppose it was good that no one was caught in that fire....” that thought however started to bring back bad memories for Yukki. She then started to drink more of her drink trying to forget about the memory and brush it away back into her head.

@DigiDJ

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

Derek noticed his misstatement as it obviously triggered a terrible memory in yukki's mind. Her facial expression change sent guilt through Derek's gut. "I'm sorry, i... i didn't mean to say something that could cause bad memories. I- I'm not particularly good with talking to people in such a friendly manner and... im sorry." He stared into his drink as he gulped it down. Feeling really guilty for reminding her of something terrible.

I let out a small giggle before raising my hand to get Cinnamon's attention pointing to my glass and motioning for 2. She quickly prepares two drinks and brings them over to us. "Thank you." She winks and returns to her post. I gulp down the remainder of my first drink before starting the second, my entire system loving the buzz of alcohol. "I honestly forgot the feeling alcohol gives you when you drink it. Its been so long."

Yukki looks at her second drink and then sips it. Yukki was still new to drinking and having already finished one drink, she felt the alcohol starting to take an affect on her but she tried to ignore it and listen to Derek and talk with him. “Well, for me, it’s my second time drinking alcohol so I know the taste well....”

@DigiDJ

• Love 1