The Snack Bar

@Lollipop

Amon nodded and said, "The only questions are, why exactly are those things there, and how did a bunch of cute women up on this island?" 

Amon's first question was an honest one, his second question was a simple poke of fun but behind it could be a legitimate answer. He went back through his thoughts and asked himself of he really asked that, but was quick to put it away. What's done is done, he supposed. Shit, he was still pretty out of it, leaning between an almost drugged sensation and what could be considered, "Normal."

• 2 weeks later...

StaffGinger: She giggled at his second question. "Well the reason for that is a lot less charming than the question asking it. But it's also related to the monsters in a way."

She looks back at the backroom. Vanilla was still busy on her phone call. She then turned back to Amon, with a some what somber expression.  "Y'see, me and Vanny, and all of the staff that have been here since before the resort opened...we were brought here by force. The people who used to own this island were bad people. But then we were saved by the islands current owner, Lollipop and Mint. They saved us from those terrible people, infused the island with their magic, and then warped to this space in between time and realities. They asked us if we wanted to stay and live out our lives in a eternal paradise. The former island owners scarred us all deeply, going back to our normal lives would have been hard as we are now. So most of us stayed. Who can pass up an eternity of blissful freedom?" She smiles. But then lots out a sigh as she thinks about the monsters. 

"The monsters are because one of the islands original owners too. She was especially evil. We called her the Professor. She created most of the monsters in the jungle by mutating animals or using other means. They were created to keep us from escaping the island. If we would try to escape, then monster were programmed to capture us, force us to submit, then bring us back. Not that was anywhere to escape to. This island has always been in the middle of nowhere." 

She brushes her hair out of her face. "The doc would experiment on us too. Vanny was a special project of hers...the experiments  is where she got ridiculous strength she has."

@BladeRunner

Amon listened intently to Gingers story. Things did fit together, but this jigsaw was cut in places and didn't piece together the entire puzzle. Looking at Gingers expression however caused Amon to simply nod and not ask the further questions about before if such exists. Not his monkey, not his circus, abd certainly no wounds he should open. 

"Sorry that happened to you," Amon merely said, sincerity behind his tone and decided to jump to the next subject, "How often do you get guests? There's clearly people here but they... Aren't a whole lot. I guess it's the whole, "Rift lost in time," thing." 

@Lollipop

StaffGinger: She smiles."No need to apologize, cutie. If your gonna be sticking around, knowing stuff like this is only natural. Besides I get spend the rest of...well how ever long I want having fun in the sun with the people I care about most! So don't dwell on it." She gives his shoulder a playful nudge. 

"Now as for our guest, well we're in a bit of a slow period. How many guest we get varies from day to day. Some times we get a lot of new guest, some times we get none. There are a few who seem to have taken up permanent residence here and just don't leave. Which is fine of course.  I do wish there were a few more guest at the bar today though." She pouts a bit. "I can't hold one of me events with a good amount of guest."

@BladeRunner

Amon smiled and nodded again, being reassured there wasn't an issue with being curious as such. Ginger seemed to reinforce his confidence calling the man a cutie. Dear God, the things he could do... Mentally he shook thoughts away from his head that weren't particular, "Clean." Moving onto what Ginger said next about not being able to host events caught his attention, and Amon asked, "What kind of events? Like drinking contests?" 

The man's attention was now fully on these events that Ginger was talking about. If she wanted to be a cock tease, she could just simply not tell Amon, but he seemed curious about this. Hell, where he lived bars were packed full but a lot of the people only went there to get drunk, drown in their sorrows, or watch games. Gambling, karaoke, even pool tables were prohibited from the bars due to conflict of interests, as the bar owners said. It was a sad place, and the town sucked. Which was why Amon had to get away from it and into the city. 

@Lollipop

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

StaffGinger: "Yea, we do have stuff like. Just recently we had a body shots  contest. That was fun. I got picked to be the one people took shots off of." She grins as she talks, clearly not ashamed of the role she played in that particular event. We also have events. One of my favorites is The Cattle Run. We pick staff or willing guests to dress up in sexy Cow costumes and let them loose on the bar. Then we let the rest of the guest chase and catch them." She giggles.  "There are rewards for how long you don't get caught or how quickly you can catch cow. Quickest caught cow get put in the punishment barrel." She points to a large barrel that was painted pink, and had the word "Punishment" painted on it. There were holes cut out of various parts of it. "Its like a time out corner. They have sit in there for a period of time and service any guest that comes to it. Of course they have the option to opt out. Oh! We also have a 'Hotdog Eating Contest', but that's just literally a blowjob contest." She says all of this, as if its normal. 

@BladeRunner

• Haha 1

Amon listened with vigour, drinking some more liquor when presented. So these people knew how to have fun! Perfect! He looked over to a box with the name painted atop, "Punishment Box." Oddly there were holes cut out, and the term service sent chills up his spine. Nope, not a game he'd okay, just because it's a bit, "suspect." Amon began to down another shot when he heard about Hot Dog Eating contests, but spat out his liquor when he heard that it was literally just blowjob's. 

"Woah!" Amon said, coughing out some liquid, "I mean, I could get down on some brats but Jesus! I didn't think game night was like that! What else do y'all do around here?"

Amon's was taken aback but clearly not in the bad way, rather he leaned forward listening intently. He wouldn't play any of those, dear God, he would lose his shit, like a rabid monkey, if he got put in some penalty corner to serve some dudes. He'd lose his shit and not in any good way. He told himself to cool it, and simply not participate. 

"Fight like you're the third monkey on the bridge to Noah's ark. And brother, it's pouring."

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Haha 1

StaffGinger: She giggles at his reaction. Lots if guest are usually stunned by the activities at the bar. It's one of the few places on the Island where depending on the day, the true purpose of the island can be seen on full display for all to see. "I'm glad your intrigued! Usually me or the Manager come up with the ideas for our events and games.  We have oil wrestling. Wet t-shirt contest. An edging contest. Oh! And The Wild Hunt!" She seems excited about the last one. 

"The Wild Hunt, is kinda special. It has to do with how the Island used to be. Before, the rich slobs that ran this place paid to have targets captured and brought here. Once they were on the island they would hunt down their target and drag then back to the old resort to do what ever they wanted with them."  She seems serious as she speaks but soon smiles again. "The Wild Hunt is similar and our way putting a happy spin on something sad from the islands past. The Hunt is voluntary. You sign up as a Hunter or as Prey. We corner off the safest part of the jungle and use magic wards to keep monsters from wondering in. The we let the Prey loose into that area. Hunters pick from a board who they want to hunt. Some of our staff that don't participate help make sure Prey get matched up to suitable Hunters. The hunters are given a bag of fun 'goodies' to help them hunt and then released into the Jungle to capture their prey. Its basically an elaborate game of hide and seek and once the hunter find their target, they can do what ever they want with them, which is basically sex in the jungle."

She seems really excited as she talks about it. "I do want to point out though that the penalties I mention earlier are gender specific. We don't usually put guys in the punishment barrel, not unless that's something we think they'd enjoy. Like a certain fembot Fireworks expert I know. Guy penalties are usually edging or no touching allowed lap dances."

@BladeRunner

@Lollipop

"Hunting games, oil wrestling, and wet t-shirt contest... Huh, and I doubt that's all of the games then... You know, you all know how to have a good time. And I can see some people being pent up around here joining those games like that," Amon had tu recount and reason to himself out loud, of course he was half-speaking to Ginger, he then continued after she explained the penalty, "I'm... Very weird about being touched like that. Maybe I could join but... I don't know. I guess watching's the next best option." 

It was this incident speaking to Ginger that Amon could very well be a virgin... Which he is. The closest he's ever gotten was kissing, and that was it. Amon always considered hiring a hooker or maybe getting with some chick on a dating site for the millionth time. Regardless, he appeared nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck on the subject of those games. Cool, but he's never really had anyone touch him in any manner. Amon's tried these dating sites but they demanding money for college in order to even meet them! 

Shit, getting the ex to hold his hand was a difficult task as she was always sneaking around and used the guy for a place to live; minus the abuse. And because of that reason Amon became suspicious of other women due to what he went through, "going out," with Vanilla made him have to act abd react in ways he couldn't have thought before. Amon wasn't necessarily certain he'd get laid, hell, he was surprised that he even made it this far!

Speaking if which, Amon completely forgot about Vanilla, however he assumed she was doing her job. Oh well. He assumed that she'd come back... Maybe later. He now doubted it. Amon sighed as he leaned against the bar with his elbows and said a bit quietly, "Hell, I'd be surprised if I can even get along with a lot of the chicks here. I think you and Vanilla are the only nice women I've met in years." 

Amon's comment was a sad but an honest one. He didn't have the pseudo-confidence like earlier when he acted like a man. He didn't know exactly what that was! And what the hell was Amon thinking anyway, trying to impress anyone on the first day. His mind began to race and he began to overthink the events of today, that usual creeping feeling of insignificance began to slowly grow, and now he looked troubled instead of calm. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

StaffGinger: She stared at Amon, concerned. Then she spoke to him as sincerely as she could. "Hey, I'm not gonna act like I know how your life has been up to now. I'm ain't the smart type what knows how to say exactly what you need to hear. But I know this; Your a good guy. And you wouldn't be here on this island if you couldn't find what ever it is your seeking. Your here for because somewhere on this island your purpose for being here exist. Whether it's to simply have a good time with some cute girls, or something deeper than that." She then leans over to him. "And don't worry. A few of us know how hard it can be to trust the touch of another. You can take things here at your own pace. No pressure. No one here is going to force you to do anything you don't want to do." 

StaffVanilla: Suddenly Vanilla walks out from the back room behind the bar. "All set! I talked to the big boss lady...well small boss lady. Hehehe! Anyways, Mint's gonna look into that weirdness we experienced in the jungle. Not our problem anymore." She's at the bar next to Amon. "Which is great to me. I don't like dealing with problems I can't punch. Hehehe! Soooo~ what did I miss? Gin you better not have been trying to steal my date out from under me." She grins wide. She seemed in a generally less stressed mood than she had when she left, thanks to being able to shirk the situation off onto one of the island's owners.

@BladeRunner

@Lollipop

Amon felt a sudden sharpness in his mind... If that was possible. No one ever really told him anything like that, and it was probably the best thing in... A good while actually! With a sigh and a few light nods of his head, Amon said, "Thank you," a bit quietly. It wasn't everyday to get compliments let alone a boost of morale. Just before Vanilla walked up Amon began to respond.

"It's hard for me to not feel that way. And honestly even since I've been here the past... Few hours, give out take, I haven't experienced real life stuff until I came here, I guess you call it. I played football, track, used VR, had a girl or two. I've even been in fights yet I get so conflicted here because I've never experienced this kind of freedom before. I'm hesitant of anyone's touch because... Well, you can say it's all bad experience, and honestly, I think being touched is probably the best thing. Maybe not a guy, but still, I haven't felt this alive since I was a kid. Thank you." Amon was quite sincere when he was talking to Ginger, not really holding back.

Always he felt prisoner to a life everyone seemed to walk, yet here he felt free, unbound by the confines of his home and those he knew. That was a lot getting Amon to open up, and still he digested the information of this strange island he'd be staying on. No longer did he want to go home, this island was it. 

Once Vanilla interjected with a more relaxed mood than before, Amon cocked a brow and said playfully, "The riffraff, this and that. You afraid she'll steal your date?"

StaffVanilla: She giggles. "Hehe! But of course I am. Can't have you two getting too close while I'm not around. Two cuties like you two, sparks might fly and then where would that leave me?" Vanilla  taps the bar, signaling Ginger to pour her a drink. Ginger shakes her head and pulls out a bottle and starts to refill her cup.

"Sooo! I'm thinking, that's enough work for today. I'm pretty sure I promised you a good time, and after your performance today, I'd say you deserve. We'll worry about getting you some proper gear for the like tomorrow or something. Tonight, we're gonna have a good time!"  She takes a sip of her drink then looks at him with a smile. "So what do ya think? Got any ideas of how you wanna spend the evening?" 

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

@Lollipop

Amon nearly snorted, he knew to some extent he was alright looking... Then again, in the past other women thought he was cute. And that is what Vanilla was saying now, he began to grow more comfortable with the situation and actually let loose. Between Vanillas attitude and Gingers demeanor this allowed Amon to throw out the old concepts and actually be himself for once in his life. He was unaware of the blood stains on his body and clothes, completely forgetting them altogether whether it was good or bad. 

"Hah! Quit buttering me up like that," Amon quipped with a smile on his face, "I'm not sure where we'd go, kinda lost that for a second, I figured I'd take you out to eat but..." He just remembered the blood covered clothing, "I can cook, maybe here at the Shnack Bar if Ginger'll let me, and head around anywhere really afterward? Or just go exploring, there's a lot to this island I haven't seen. I dunno." Amon finished taking a swig of alcohol, or whatever was left of it. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

Vanilla: "You can cook? That's awesome!" She seemed fairly surprised at Amon's offer to cook. The art of not burning things you make to eat was a skill that continually eluded Vanilla, so she had a certain amount of respect those skilled in the culinary arts. "Eh...cooking isn't my strong suit. I'm....ummm...really quite crap at it fact."

Ginger: "The lass could find a way to burn water if it wasn't physically impossible. That said She's likely to eat what ever you put in front of her, for sure." Ginger catches Vanilla glaring at her and giggles a bit. "Anyway, kitchens your's if ya want. I'll not protest it being used so long as you don't make a mess."

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

Amon smiled but held back a laugh. Well, he supposed not everyone was good a cook. That said he shifted and stood from the stool and gave his back a stretch and loud pops crackled from them. It was time to get to a little work. Firstly, Amon would need to find a kitchen and the supplies... And whatever he'd cook. He then turned  to Vanilla and began to ask, "What tickles your fancy?" 

Then Amon turned to Ginger, "Think you could show me the kitchen?"

Ginger: "Oh, Its right back here." She points to the same door that Vanilla had used earlier that was behind the counter. There was also a cut out in the wall used for passing food through for people's orders. "You can use what ever you like. The kitchen is literally never out of ingredients."

Vanilla: "I'm kinda excited. What are ya gonna make me? I gotta know." She was sitting on the edge of her bar stool, leaning towards him.

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

@Lollipop

Amon began walking toward the door before stating with a sly grin, "It's a surprise." 

After entering the the kitchen through the door Amon saw pretty much a standard restaurant kitchen, however it's design wasn't necessarily "standard." While he could focus on the details there was a lady outside waiting for her food. Amon immediately made a beeline for the fridge, opening the massive thing he found different kinds of meat, dairy product, fruit and vegetables, abd whatever else all separate by shelving. He wanted fish and began to dig around before pulling out Bass, oddly freshly cut and prepared by precise quantity. Did islands like this even have bass? He didn't forget the milk either, which was conveniently there as well. 

Whatever, he thought. Amon then began to rummage through a cabinet and in seconds he found cornmeal and all purpose flour, as well as seasoned salt and oil. After several minutes he then had raw cut up baby okra, as well as potatoes and whatever dishes he needed. Amon went on to batter the fish and okra in their own separate dishes after peeling and chopping up the potatoes. Minutes later there was a boiling pot of water with said potatoes thrown in, a pan of oil used for both fried goods and afterward several vegetables for a toss-together salad. 

As Amon stood over watching the food and taking care of anything, prepping more stuff, he couldn't help but bob his head to music playing in his head, more specifically, INZOs "Overthinker." Right now he was actually happy, after about twenty minutes he was finishing up with the food Amon cleaned up any mess from the counter to the stove and the table. By then, Amon had already cleaned everything up as the potatoes finished...

__

Stepping out of the kitchen with a plate of food; freshly fried okra and bass with a side of mashed potatoes. In a separate bowl a mixture of Romain lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and several other things not listed. Amon set the plate on the counter where Vanilla sat, took and salt and pepper shaker and lightly sprinkler the spices on the fried goods, and set a fork on the plate. 

"Trick to okra and fish is you gotta make it perfect. Too much corn meal, corn meal's way too strong, not enough cornmeal and you don't get any crunch or added flavor. Just... Balance is what you need." Amon stated, clearly getting out of the way the question that might, or might not be asked. It wasn't a five star dish, though he's made that before several occasions, Amon wanted to do something simple... Or, if she didn't like greasy food, he guess another try would work. 

• Love 1

As Amon went into the kitchen Vanilla pouts at him for not saying what he was making, meanwhile Ginger began to giggle a bit. While he cooked, the pair talked. At one point Ginger started to tease Vanilla about her horrible cooking  ability. 

"You know, you really should learn how to cook, for yourself at least. I mean, even Cherry can cook. Pretty damn well in fact." Ginger teased.

"W-well of course he can cook! He's got to be good at mixing things together the right way for his fireworks and explosives! That's not fair to compare me to a sciencey type person!" Vanilla countered in a flustered huff.

Ginger just stared at Vanilla for a moment, then sighed."...I'm not sure calling Cherry the sciencey type is very accurate description." 

The two argue back and forth as Amon comes out of the kitchen. They could already smell the food before he came out, so when he sat it in front Vanilla she practically squealed with excitement. 

"Wow! This smells amazing!" Vanilla was easy to impress when it came to food. 

Ginger was a lot more familiar with cooking than her friend, and even she had to give him credit on how good it looked and smelled.

Vanilla took the fork and tried a piece of the fish. "Wow! That's sooo~ good!" She practically moaned as she ate it. She took another piece and offered it to Ginger pointing the fork at her. Ginger took a bite and smiled. "She ain't wrong, that's really good!" 

Vanilla began to dig in.

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

@Lollipop

The moment if truth. Amon held a breath in hopes that it tastes alright. Whenever he and his friends used to go hunting this was something they did; fish, hunt, trap, they would make up whatever concoction came to mind. Fried, dried, roasted, grilled, anything really. Amon silentlu let loose that held breath, by the reaction of Vanilla and even Ginger it actually made him feel great about the cooking. He would have made himself some but... Well, with what the blood and that thing back at that clearing his appetite was lost. 

"Well thank you. I aim to please," Amon replied with a smile now leaning up against the counter, "Had nothing else to do but catch and cook and hunting trips, and anything you don't goes to waste especially if you're several days away from the nearest town. It took a lot of cornmeal and wasted fish to perfect that, so I'd hope it would taste good." 

Edited by BladeRunner

Vanilla: "Hunting Trips? Hmmm....Well I'm glad for it. This is great." She happily continues to eat her meal. It doesn't take her too long to finish. Once she cleans her plate she slides it happily across the counter to Ginger. Ginger takes it and set it aside to clean later.

"Thanks for the food."  She hadn't missed that Amon hadn't eaten. She thinks for a moment about what to do next. "Hmmm...we should probably get you back to your room. Im Sure you probably want to get cleaned off and relax. Right?"

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

@Lollipop

A mental sigh of relief, that's all Amon could really think. He was glad she liked it and Ginger as well, years of hunting and learning to cook great foods and dishes but in redneck was both easier and harder than hell. Upon hearing the word, "Room," Amon suddenly remembered such a thing existed. He rubbed an itch at the back of his neck and said, "Yeah, I could use a good shower. We can stay out longer of it tickles your fancy though, I'm in no rush." 

The fact he was generous to actually consider whatever Vanilla wanted was something to write home about. Getting out of his bloodstained clothes would be great, however Amon felt that Vanilla came first, and it showed. But then again, running around in bloodstained clothes could prove a problem, people get weird about seeing someone who looked like they came from a horror shoot or murder. And truth be told, it was a better idea to go home and take care of that situation than to run amok with reckless abandon, disregarding their appearance.

However, Amon couldn't help but linger on Vanilla's- well the parts of her clothes that were ripped, at least from his peripheral, while keeping his eyes locked onto hers. And Vanilla being in those ripped clothing kind of... Kind of turned Amon on, but he shown no sign of it. Keep it to yourself you perv, he thought. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

Vanilla: She giggles. "Come on, you don't really think I'm gonna keep you out for my sake, can you?" She hops off of her stool and then circles around behind him. She pushes up against him, her breast pushing up against his back. She then whispers into ear in almost seductive sounding tone.

"Come on, hotstuff, let go get you cleaned up." She then pulls away from and takes a couple backwards steps and waves to Ginger. "Hey, thanks for the help Red! We're gonna go get cleaned up at his place. I'm sure he wouldn't  mind a little extra company if you stopped by. Love ya!." 

Ginger: "I'll think about it once I'm done here but I make no promises.  I might get snatched up by a customer before then." She smiles and watches as Vanilla start to leave.  She then looks at Amon. "And thank you Amon. It's not everyday I meet someone I think I can count on to watch her back." She smiles warmly at him. "Well, anyway, you better get after her before she leaves ya behind." She waves goodbye to him as she start to focus on the dishes.

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

@Lollipop

Amon saw Vanilla circle him. He assumed she was going to go to his right however he was dead wrong as he felt a pair of plump things press again his back. When Vanilla whispered into Amon's ear he shivered something cold. He never had anyone treat him quite like these women in the bar, and Amon almost lost his shit at the thought of Ginger being there as well. Things were... Well hell saying interesting was an understatement. 

Amon got up a second later and began to follow his way out with Vanilla. Amon turned back and thanked Ginger. Outside Amon couldn't help but feel more relieved than ever, most of the time he was stressed but here he felt comfy. Nevermind that, now onto the task at hand. 

"To answer your question earlier," Amon began as the pair walked down the path to the hotel, "I would have been good either way. Being dirty for a little bit ain't bad... Especially if you get to freak people out."

• Love 1

Vanilla: She laughs at his comment. "That would be funny. But I think we'd get in trouble if we started purposely freaking out guest by being covered in blood." She seemed to enjoy the thought of it though and smiled while thinking about it. 

On their way back to the hotel she pointed out various shops, places to have fun, other key places. One of which being the Workshop, a building by the Island's resident gear heads. She said that they would probably stop by there as soon as they could to get Amon some proper gear and weapons if he wished to continue being on the defense squad.

From there they made it to the Hotel and proceeded to his room.

(Continue in Amon's room.)

@BladeRunner

• Woohoo 1

• 9 months later...

Avery decided to leave his room to explore the rest of the resort, specifically a bar. He hadn't had a good drink in a long while, instead he had served drinks to others on the ship. He wondered his way down to the snack bar of The Honeydew Hotel and had a seat at the bar. He thought of the wild day he had, the strange man on the beach, the unusual nature of the hotel and that he had survived at sea. Avery waited eagerly to be served at the bar, wondering what other kinds of surprises this island has for him.