GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

1 minute ago, MIroque said:

Future might change this, but as of spellbooks are the most valued thing wizards own, they dont go handing it out to casual aquintants. Teaching on the otherhand might happen. 

I meant exchange as in you learn from mine I learn from yours. But we shall see what happens, I do think our characters need to spend more time together.

4 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Regarding knowledge skills I am using them correctly now where you ask a specific question then roll knowledge for the answer instead of just a general roll regarding a topic, even thought I know many groups do it that way

Can we take 10 and take20 on knowledge rolls ? That would speed up things, as we coukd look answers from the books. Otherwise, knowledge chars (most casters) would bog the game down, with an stupid anount of questions that their superintelligebt heroes woukd know. I meen, Nepthtys rolls every knowledge roll +21 or more... (Althou she's an loremaster PrC)

Edited by MIroque

Just now, MIroque said:

Can we take 10 and take20 on knowledge rolls ? That would speed up things, as we coukd look answers from the books. Otherwise, knowledge chars (most casters) would bog the game down, with an stupid anount of questions that their superintelligebt heroes woukd know. I meen, Nepthtys rolls every knowledge roll +21 or more... (Althou she's an loremaster)

I am the same if its arcana, I see no reason why we couldnt if we are teaching each other.

Me neighter, but exchanging spellbooks. That woukd not haooen any time soon. (Without major shift in paradigm)

I understand, its how Darius is used to learning spell, though of course he doesn't exchange them so much as 'take' them from users that no longer have any material needs... or any needs at all.

Witch's familiar is squishy AF. Dont get crossfire if any AoE spells. And yiur mostly fine, (or any opponent that knows your an witch and knows yiunhave an familiar...)

Even more a book that is flammable, but in comparison a familiar can return to you and will try to do so a book will sit there. For destruction its one thing but theft I rather have a familiar.

1 minute ago, PsychoSexual said:

Witch familiars are in many ways safer than traditional spells books. You know a GM is mean when he/she goes for your spell books since if you are a standard wizard you literally become useless.

Not really, depending on enemy. If we battle uber godlings (with knowledge skills) of course they hit where it hurts. Isint that what most intelligent opponents do? Vs mindless or less knowledgable enemy, thats an another story. 

Enemies shiuld use all and every trick on their book, compared to their CR, otherwise its downplaying then bigtime.

Aka. Lowlevel group vs goblin tribe: hoblins should try to use their darkvision even ever possible (as its literally their onlu advantage and they know it). 

Not really, depending on enemy. If we battle uber godlings (with knowledge skills) of course they hit where it hurts. Isint that what most intelligent opponents do? Vs mindless or less knowledgable enemy, thats an another story. 

Enemies shiuld use all and every trick on their book, compared to their CR, otherwise its downplaying then bigtime.

Aka. Lowlevel group vs goblin tribe: hoblins should try to use their darkvision even ever possible (as its literally their onlu advantage and they know it). 

I agree with your point but I do think there are lines a GM shouldn't cross, I think a character should use all of their combat abilities but that doesn't mean he should try to get around combat. If a wizard were to say wake up without his spellbook because a God stole it without any rolls or rolls that can only be passed on natural 20 you might as well say the God cast a death spell and save or die.

Thats the problem with insanely powerful thing. And if the god did not do it, even it could (and should, taken there were solid threat againt it, which there is none. ) It would be utterly stupid and not only that, how in the hell were that god still in existance to beginning with? (Gods hate each other right? Atleast in most fantasy literature they do not get along, but on the otherhand, they do not go granting miracles neighter) 

4 minutes ago, MIroque said:

Thats the problem with insanely powerful thing. And if the god did not do it, even it could (and should, taken there were solid threat againt it, which there is none. ) It would be utterly stupid and not only that, how in the hell were that god still in existance to beginning with? (Gods hate each other right? Atleast in most fantasy literature they do not get along, but on the otherhand, they do not go granting miracles neighter) 

Right but that's kinda my point, my view is that Shar IS fighting the other Gods and we are no threat to her and it would be the same with any other God, you maybe right that by the time we are lvl 30 or whatever should play like that but at that level a spellbook can be protected.

If Shar wanted to kill us she could, she doesn't I don't even think she knows we exist.

32 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Good thimg I am not a witch in game 😛

Yes but you do use the rules for a witch, as I understand the class from what I have read, your main advantage is versatility. You can literally create a spell list that fits whatever we will face that day, of course that requires you to both know what we will face which isn't always easy and know what will work best against them from your choices.

4 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

Yes but you do use the rules for a witch, as I understand the class from what I have read, your main advantage is versatility. You can literally create a spell list that fits whatever we will face that day, of course that requires you to both know what we will face which isn't always easy and know what will work best against them from your choices.

WEll, I can to some extent. Though as I said before, it is mostly CC and debuffs.