OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Just now, JennyDK said:

I don't currently see other solutions though.

I guess they might have to split up unless someone thinks of something better.

The two ideas that spring to my mind right now are to either create a new (perhaps temporary) thread for this (which I can understand the reluctance to do), or to repurpose one of the classes to hold the "audio equipment" in them (one of them could be beside the Assembly Hall).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

You are free to use another topic, but was the idea not to provide the music to the party?

I don't see why couldn't we do that while occupying another thread - if need be, I can post snippets of the music changing in the main topic, alongside the posts for my participating characters.

If you're thinking about the band idea, that was discussed and discarded IC. We've settled for Lucy being the DJ with Ruben and Keya helping her out.

• Like 1

So - what sort of a theme do we want the dance to take? I feel like we should take some time to get everyone on the same page, since, y'know, me and TAG are discussing music for the event, Sol's working on some Danse Macabre stuff on the side, and from the looks of it everyone's pretty much working on their own, with their own ideas about how it's all going to look like.

There's a great difference in whether we want it to be a formal event with Beethoven playing on the speakers, a casual rave party with disco music for people to get down to, or anything in between.

• Like 1

I'll admit, I was thinking of this as a American high-school dance, almost like prom or such (though maybe not so dressed up).

If we are going to have different themed locations, we might need more locations and have @JennyDKrestate them in the announcements for which location is which theme.

Then I'd say that we should probably focus on a single theme as well - either that or we split the timeline of the event into sections, during which things like the Danse Macabre could happen - but that may simply take too long to carry out.

So far the only theme I see is the American high-school dance idea of TAG's - I imagine something akin to a homecoming dance. Are we all in consensus with that, or does anybody have any other ideas?

• Like 1