Court yard

5 minutes ago, Peko pekoyama said:

J smiles widely "I would love to" J realizes that Yoko would be his first friend, that is if she wants to be "Yoko are we friends?

She stops up and turns around, rubbing the back of her head a bit and feels extremely awkward, getting asked this by someone she barely just met."Uhhmmmm...no...not really...I mean, you almost literally just...met me...and all..uhmm..it seems rather..f..fast..and all..uhhhmm...so...I mean..no..not yet...I mean..maybe...o..over time..", her anxiety fully back again and rather than keep up the awkwardness, she simply keeps moving, letting him follow her again.

3 minutes ago, Austin Skywalker said:

Austin took a bit to see that Giana was gone, the hands were too, making him stop. He sighed. "So...it wasn't an illusion....I was played like a fiddle." He shook his head, standing up. "And here I thought she was kind, lovely and all that....it seems I was wrong.....you wound me, Giana." He said to himself, starting to walk off.

The sisters listen and wonder why he takes a simply prank like this so seriously. Waiting until he has left, they all reappear and walk back to their class, while discussing new strategies for more mischief.

11 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

She stops up and turns around, rubbing the back of her head a bit and feels extremely awkward, getting asked this by someone she barely just met."Uhhmmmm...no...not really...I mean, you almost literally just...met me...and all..uhmm..it seems rather..f..fast..and all..uhhhmm...so...I mean..no..not yet...I mean..maybe...o..over time..", her anxiety fully back again and rather than keep up the awkwardness, she simply keeps moving, letting him follow her again.

J mentally scolds himself for asking someone he just met, he has to remember that people need to know you first "sorry I'm new to.....well everything in general" He starts to scratch his leg with a claw of his, a habit he gained "I'm sorry for asking, i hope we can become friends though" J looks down as he follows

Yoko stop for a bit to look back and nod, feeling much more at ease and hoping it might come to pass over time."It's okay...I am new to a lot of things too. Basically, everything from the point where I 'woke up'...but don't worry about that. I assume you are just eager to make relations...which is understandable...it will be okay...just don't rush it", she says and smiles again before leading the final rest of the way.

7 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Yoko stop for a bit to look back and nod, feeling much more at ease and hoping it might come to pass over time."It's okay...I am new to a lot of things too. Basically, everything from the point where I 'woke up'...but don't worry about that. I assume you are just eager to make relations...which is understandable...it will be okay...just don't rush it", she says and smiles again before leading the final rest of the way.

J smiles a bit when he hears that, and continues to walk with Yoko "thank you for understanding, making friend is the forrest is much different then making them here" J chuckles a bit at a memory, then he goes back to walking

• 3 weeks later...

Maxwell quietly walked down the stone walkway of the courtyard as he passed through the metal front gate of the school rubbing his shaggy crimson red hair with his right hand as his old brown leather briefcase hung over his left shoulder by his left hand palm side out pressed against his shoulder. His eyes squinted from the bright sun as rolled an unlit cigarette between his pursed lips as he prepared to go about his day as the new Home Economics teacher for Ironclaw Academy, which he hoped the paperwork and process for his identification didn't take too long. His black leather dress shoes clicked against the stone pathway as he looked around the area outside the school as he slowly meandered towards the front door wondering what new adventures would be discovered at the academy.

• Like 1

Walking around alone and unattended, Maxwell does stick out on his, especially  with his way of dressing and his looks. Being a totally new face does not help either, as all of this attracts the attention of a certain person. Just when he is making his way towards the main building, another person shows up from around a corner. It is a young woman dressed in tactical west, with multiple firearms strapped here and there and with a serious look on her face."Where da yah think yah are goin'? Who are yah and what are yah doin' on this property?", she simply states, her eyes looking him over to determined what sort of weird punk gang he might be part of.

He turns at the simple statement about asking who he is and where he is going causes him to blink in surprise since he had assumed there would have been a notice about a new faculty member, while he also hadn't seen a check-in desk at the front gate. He takes a moment to turn in the voice's directions and replies with a friendly easy-going tone, "Hello Ma'am, my name is Maxwell Winsor and as to where I was planning to go was to the main office to complete my paperwork along with acquiring any identification necessary for being hired as the school's new Home Economics Teacher" as he takes the time to respectfully look at the young woman in front of him. He continues saying, "I hadn't seen an intercom at the front gate or a check-in desk to wait at, while the only instruction in the job offer was to arrive today" as he slowly brings his briefcase around in front of himself, "If you would like I can pull out the job offer with the acceptance letter and my state issued identification miss...?" as he tries off at realizing he doesn't know who she and assumed she worked for security based on her tone along with her attire.

"Awww geez! When are those knuckleheads gonna give me some proper notifications 'bout newcomers? Ah'm sorry mister...yah don't exactly look like the teachin' type, yah know? Ah believe yah - after all, ah deal with some pretty weird fellas and gals on a daily basis. Let me write yah name down real quick", she says and pulls out a little notebook where she puts his name and occupation at the academy."Ah'm Mary Blackwater, but yah can just call me Mary if yah want. Ah aint exactly the most formal 'round here. As long as yah don't make a fuss, we are fine". She can tell he is a smoker too and looks around for a bit, then taking out one of her own."Ah know a more discreet route yah can go if yah need a smoke yah know".

He chuckles softly at the whine about proper notifications and about his attire not being exactly how a teacher should dress, while he rests his briefcase against his shoulder once more as he nods slowly in understanding along with acceptance at the fact of weird individuals as she writes his name down in her little notebook. He politely responds back, "It is certainly alright Miss Blackwater" before pausing and apologizing, "Sorry Mary. I understand that my attire is unusual for a teacher and considering I have an apron on most of the time when cooking I never really noticed" as he laughed. He nods with a smile at the offer for a more discreet way to go and replies, "I wouldn't mind at all seeing a different route" as he watches her pull out her own pack of smokes for one. He follows up his statement of acceptance to the offer with his own question, "Would I be correct to take a guess with you working in security here Mary?" as he didn't want to mistakenly call her a student if she was a fellow staff member.

"Ah don't really care if yah stick tah miss Blackwater, it was just tah let yah know yah don't have to act formal 'round me. Ah'm here as the head of security to look for troublemakers and keeps things safe, not to be yah pretty southern Belle in a big dress, haha", she says, focusing on his own question and she makes a small nod with the head as if to indicate the direction to go if he wants to take the more scenic route around and smoke if he needs to. She certainly feels for having one and soon enough have one lit up. She cannot help but still stare at his looks."Do pardon me for askin', but what in Heck is with the get-up? Yah tryin' to get someone tah look at yah in funny ways? This is not a threat, but if ah  were to show up lookin' like that back home, ah would get beaten up by bullies, that's fer sure!", she says and laughs lightly.

He laughs at the comment about southern belle and comments, "Oh but I am sure you could pull off a beautiful dress quite well Mary" as he follows along side of her on a more scenic route of the court yard. He listens quietly to the comment about his attire and the bullies that would normally be acquired with it as he pulls out a silver engraved lighter as he lights up the cigarette resting on his lips as he cups his hand. He holds out the lighter offering the object for her to lit her own if she chooses as the scent of the mellow yet woodsy smoke gives a hint of cherries. He look at her after taking a slow drag and exhales replying, "Its not a problem as my attire is certainly different and that may have to do with growing up on the west coast, which I can certainly tell ya that if I wanted to get looks for being funny back home this is nothing" as he motions at his attire. He continues walking next to her as he replies with a small grin, "Besides bullies and I didn't get a long back home anyways since I don't stand for that kind of thing" as he puffs out a small cloud of smoke before continuing, "as I have been told trouble always seems to find me" as he shrugs his shoulders indifferently.

Mary lets out a short, but heavy laughter at the mentioning and mere thought of that."Bwahahahaha, yeah right. This old gal in frilly clothing and the bowing and curtseying...nah, ah'm just not the type fer that, Maxwell. Ah think yah would make the better fer that, haha", she comments and snickers a bit from her own comment. Prompted with a source of fire, she leans in and uses the open flame to light her cigarette. She keeps her eyes out for trouble while walking, at the same time where she is still able to keep up with the conversation, at least as a whole. She takes in what he says about bullies and the like and tries to sum up her reply."Ah could never stand bullies. Ah would beat their asses yellow, blue and even red sometimes. Ah may find yah looks weird, but that's 'bout it really. It doesn't affect mah life after all. Hopefully yah will have a smoother time here. In fact, right here yah would look almost normal, hahaha!", she keeps on making lighthearted jokes while the scenery around them reminds others mostly about medieval Europe than a modern day academy.

He shudders at the suggestion of being put in a dress as an old memory involving an incident with his little sister catching him when he feel asleep instead of babysitting her like he was suppose as he replies with a nervous laugh, "Yeah lets not do that" as he flicks a small amount of ash of the cigarette before taking a small drag of it. He smiles at her situational awareness to her surroundings as he replies, "My friends and colleagues call me Max, which you can use either you prefer" as he chuckles at the bullies. He shakes his head slowly as he replies, "As for the trouble finding me it was do to that exact same reason, since I tend to stand up for those picked on along with my family" as he smiles at the looking normal comment. He continues, "The scenario is lovely that is a definite and it was part of the reason I elected to apply here with the ability to interact with students passing on my experience with home economics along with a fresh start" as he slips his silver engraved lighter back into his pants pocket.

"Maxwell is good enough for me", she simple remarks, satisied with just that and letting the topic rest, at least from her end."Yeah, that's often how it seems tah go. Still, ah would rather take the trouble than let others suffer", she says proudly and even pats one of her guns, a grin plastered on her face."Yeah, it stand out quite a lot since American culture and history doesn't exactly go back that long. So ah'm guessing yah are pretty good in a kitchen then?", she asks on curiously.

He nods his head in agreement with the comment about preferring to take the trouble herself as she pats one of her guns with a grin on her face and his first full name being enough. He chuckles as he jokingly states, "Looks like someone is prepared for war" as he flicks the end of his hand-rolled cigarette. He smirks at the question about his skill in the kitchen and he replies with a friendly grin, "I'd like to think I am but I do know their are others out there better than I when it comes to cooking.... Only thing that I want to ensure is a passion for cooking in the younger generation or at least the ability to cook a decent homemade meal themselves" as he gets a passionate fire in his eyes before continuing, "That is true the American history doesn't exactly go back long, but it is rich with different cultures and influential people if you know where to look at it hence the name of the Melting Pot for immigrants, which it is all those different immigrants that bring in a wide variety of influential cooking styles to America" as he takes the last drag of his cigarette.

"Yah have to be prepared for any type o' situation here, especially when these monsters all can do all kinds o' crazy juju and whatnot", she says and watches him shake off more discarded stuff from his cigarette while herself takes another soft drag."Ah suppose that's really good enough. It's not like these youngsters need someone snobby and snooty. Ah only know how tah make like basic stuff myself. Sadly, not many places here make the kind of food ah get from back home", She cocks her head at she hears this as not many monsters are really very deep into human history and since he is not a history teacher, it seems fair to assume he is human."That's true indeed. So let me ask straight out here: yah are human, right? It seems like we are getting more of us on staff lately. It's good with some variety. Plus it's usually easier to relate between us, yah know?"

He nods his head at the weird things that can happen, “ I am sure I will see many interesting things and experience many different things as well” as he looks in her direction at the comment about youngsters. He snorts and laughs softly, “I don’t think anyone needs the snobby and snooty unless ya like that kind of person I guess” as he shrugs his shoulders. He smiles softly, “I am sure that must be hard missing home if you can’t have that reminder of home and even with the basics it isn’t that hard to learn or build up on those basics to make something you grew up with” as he ponders on the first lesson before her next question brings him out of his thoughts. He smiles at the question, “Yes I am a human and being a human does make it easier relate to another human, while variety for human subjects always helps in my opinion especially if they want to allow these students to better integrate with society.”

"Oh, there's no doubt 'bout that Maxwell. Even some o' the staff are a bit...strange, in a way. The headmaster has a habit of teasing most she comes across, at least whenever she is not to be professional, haha!", she says, half way warning the new teacher. She looks a bit awkwardly when he brings up the topic of building onto her already way-too-basic cooking skills."Ah know that. It just mostly slips mah mind and all that. Ah just get really confused, even with those recipes. Ma and Pa were the ones who know all that stuff. Some of the ingredits are pretty rare up here though", she says excusingly and curses herself a bit from bringing it up, though it was mostly in hopes of maybe having more chances to get stuff like she had back home. She nods at the last part after finishing her smoke and putting the bud into the pack she got it from."Some of them really does need to know how to properly fit in here if they want to live proper and peaceful lives. Yah can only learn so much from books after all", she comments and see that they have made it most of the way now.

He chuckles at the comment about some of the staff even being weird, “I will keep that in mind about the headmaster and the other staff members then” as his smoke butt was disintegrated into ash since he rolls his own homemade cigarettes with them being paper.

He nods his head about getting ingredients as he smiles, “I am sure it is just a matter of finding the right connections and knowledge about finding the ingredients that are needed” as he looks over at her with a smile, “if you ever wish to learn more I am always willing to help someone learn about cooking” as he sees that the path is opening back up closer to the school.

He continues saying, “your right about books only taking you so far sometimes only experience can help get you the rest of the way and a good mentor also never hurts” as he asks, “Am I to guess that the Headmaster has left my paperwork at the desk or will I need to see someone else about it?” as watches the area in front of them.

"Ah, that seems like a lot of effort really. I mean, it's just food after all. Ah'm not sure ah'm even cut out fer that sorta stuff, yah know? Plus, ah'm sure ah would just be in the way and all", she goes on, more and more sure with herself that this was not a good topic to get started on as some of her shortcomings get out in the open. Not that she minds terribly, but she usually tries her best to keep private and work life separate. Still, it is hopefully a pretty harmless topic though. Mary listens to him asking about some paperwork, an area she avoids like the plague."Ah have no idea mr. Maxwell. Mah best guess is that yah hafta bring it up with her. Ah only take care of security...and well, lost newcomers at times too", she says and grins, spotting the back entrance very close by.

He smiles at her flustered concern and replies politely, “I understand and if I am showing you how to make a dish in the kitchen, I don’t think you would be in the way. Although if you ever do change your mind, I am always willing to help if you would like to learn.” At the nods his head and replies, “Well it seems that answers my question about that paperwork then and who I must see about it” as he spots the backdoor entrance to the school, which I assume it is easy enough to the find the headmaster’s office from here?” as he stops a few paces from the entrance.

"Ah'll keep that in mind. Just don't expect any sorta miracles or anything of the sort. Ah reckon we all start somewhere", she comments back, feeling more relieved that she is not being pressured into giving it a try. They make their way towards the back door entrance for the main building, having basically made a large curve around the large place before ending up here."It should be easy enough tah find mr. Maxwell. Otherwise, yah can just around or find me. Ah'm doing my rounds in a minute anyway", she lets him know.

He smiles at the relief that seems to become present in her tone as he jokes laughingly, “can’t be as bad as my first attempt to make crab cakes where I mixed up the tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes from a single teaspoon of the stuff” as he stops in front of the door before continuing, “besides everyone starts Somewhere and making mistakes can sometimes have wondrous results Just like how worschtershire sauce was a fermented sauce that was made by an experimenting pharmacist in England that forgot about the bottl3 and years later found the stuff that is renowned world wide“ as he marvels at the path that went around to the school. He continues by saying, “If I need any help or have security concerns I will certainly bring them to your attention” as he smiles at her.