Discussion

• 11 months later...

Ha, that would be a challenge! The 10 Word Challenge is where you get a list of 10 words that you have to use in a short story. I always make a personal secondary challenge to use them in the order they're provided, but that's not part of the real challenge.

Maybe we'll restart the challenges with a picture challenge... 

• Haha 1

• Community Administrator
8 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

Prizes

• 1st Place: 1,000 EcchiCredits
  • 2nd Place: 500 EcchiCredits
  • 3rd Place: 250 EcchiCredits

I have sent you 1,750 so you can double the prizes this is a personal donation not a staff donation. Congratulations on reaching your 10th Challenge Milestone by the way.

Good luck everyone. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Novaer said:

I have sent you 1,750 so you can double the prizes this is a personal donation not a staff donation. Congratulations on reaching your 10th Challenge Milestone by the way.

Good luck everyone. 🙂 

Thanks, Tema! ❤️ I'll update the challenge with the new prize amounts!!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

So, how was it that no one replied to Challenge 8. I realize the contest has expired nut I think I have an idea for that. Anyone going to be mad if I go back and take a stab at it?

Not at all! The challenge is over, but you're always welcome to add an entry if you've been inspired!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm always a sucker for steampunk, perhaps a writing challenge that focuses on that setting? Either that, or sticking with 'punk', a cyberpunk writing challenge could be quite fun,

For something more focused though, hmm... I'm struggling to think of good criteria. Maybe something silly- a challenge to write a story without the use of a certain letter? 😛

Based on your ideas, how's this for an either/or challenge:

Write a short set in a "-punk" genre like steampunk, cyberpunk, dieselpunk, biopunk, bugpunk, resistorpunk, nanopunk, clockpunk, etc. that is focused on either:
1. the invention that sets your world on the path to being the "-punk" world it is OR
2. an everyday use of the genre-defining technology by someone who simply accepts it as normal.

There will be a word limit, deadline, etc. Is that too open-ended?

• Like 1