Discussion

I've been out of the writing game for a while now, but I've decided I'm going to give it another try. I'm going to try writing something that doesn't just come out of my stupid brain. I need help doing it, though, so here's my plea:

Inspire me. Challenge me. Share with me an idea, a theme, a picture, a list of words, anything you want me to use to write. I will try to write something short to respond to your prompt. I'll try to reply to every prompt, but please forgive my fickle muse, I swear she's cheating on me with another writer.

So I can keep track, please post your prompt as a new thread in the Challenge Me section. I'll respond to each post with whatever my brain can come up with. I hope it's worth the effort you put into whatever you post to challenge me. 

Thanks for playing!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time to get a new challenge together, and possibly make this a regular, weekly challenge instead of a "whenever Izzy feels like making one" challenge.

So here's what I propose:

A new challenge every week with 2 weeks to complete it and 2 weeks for voting. Every challenge will last for 4 weeks, and there will always be two ongoing challenges and two challenges to be read and voted on. This way everyone can hopefully find something to do, be it writing to a challenge or reading/voting.

But if I'm going to do that... I need a lot of writing prompts/challenges/etc.

What does anyone think? Weekly? Biweekly?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagels said:

Just read the results. 4th place, no medal for me. Still, congrats to everyone else, yall killed it!

It took some convincing from Isabella for me to join and write that.  I was quite surprised to win, the votes being so evenly split certainly helped.

• Like 3

Working on a new challenge... hopefully will have it posted by tonight!

Trying to come up with something that will inspire most people while still having some constraints is a challenge in and of itself.

Some ideas I had:

1. Pick two characters that don't seem to go together (or who go together VERY well) and put them together in a lewd scene. I don't personally do fanfic, but that, or an OC you developed + someone, or two people from online personal ads (this is my personal favorite!). Or I provide a list of characters, you pick two, and GO!

2. a phrase prompt, or a list of a few prompts and you pick one that inspires you. Stuff like:
"I never wanted anyone to fuck me so badly."
"We can't do that here!"
"Don't make me take you home and punish you."
"Are you sure? Once we start I might not be able to stop."

3. List of words challenge. I do like these. I used to participate in them all the time and found the restriction of having to use all the words a fantastic challenge. I usually do 10 words, but we could set it to any length. I tried random word generators, but I feel like a curated list works so much better.

Do you have any ideas for a writing challenge?

• Love 1

I like ideas 1 and 3.

With 1, if the characters were open, I'd probably indulge in some Sasuke/Hinata lol

Challenge 3 I've heard of something similar, but never done it or the actual #3 challenge.

The similar challenge is to give people a list of things or settings to add to a story and have them incorporate them. The example I read was for 'X-Files' fanfic and included a men's steam room that was still being used and a taffy machine among other things. The author wrote how Mulder and Scully happened upon a group of guys using the steam room of a spa, but since it was men's day or the men-only section, Scully couldn't enter, so she visited a local fairground that was recently shut down and found a taffy machine that had attracted a bunch of rats that had gorged on the sweets to an extent they were acting drunk or were in a sugar coma.

Okay, the new challenge is up!

Pick two characters and put them in a lewd scene. ANY two characters... pick characters from any source, make them up, or if you're out of ideas, grab two from the list of randomly created characters I provided.

As always, EcchiCredits to the winners!

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few days left to get your submissions in!

We have three submissions already... come on and write something LEWD!!

also... I was thinking of a new prize: Win a short one-on-one eRP with <username> ... who wants to volunteer to be the prize and write with our next winner?

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
3 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

also... I was thinking of a new prize: Win a short one-on-one eRP with <username> ... who wants to volunteer to be the prize and write with our next winner?

That actually sounds kinda hot, but I'm not sure I can get behind being obligated to erp with anyone.

5 hours ago, Aura said:

That actually sounds kinda hot, but I'm not sure I can get behind being obligated to erp with anyone.

I know... same. I really liked the idea, and I even thought of offer myself up as the sacrificial lamb, but an obligated erp seems kinda like being auctioned off to have sex with the highest bidder or something. Which seems like it could hit some major ons for me, but then...

I'm still trying to find a way to make it more palatable... Maybe I'll offer up a scene/story/world building session with me? I dunno. Something cooperatively creative is my goal, but sometimes you just don't click with another writer and I'd hate for anyone to feel forced, although I would love to auction off my friends to each other and imagine them all doing the naughtiest things with each other... 

hmm... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

As someone who has a chance of being that next winner again (look at that face to the left, that's a winner's face.  That's a character older than some members here.  She deserves some votes, once the voting starts) that's an...interesting idea.

• Like 1