Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would enjoy a collaborative challenge.

Because I am in introspective mood, I will frame it around that.

Write a few paragraphs of a character introspecting. Then each may add their own character's introspection, inspired and formed by the predecessors but tangentially, not as a direct response. Like a series of soliloquies,  firing off each other but in true Shakespearean fashion apparently unaware of each other's inner thoughts.

OK, that sounds muddled and mad.

And on credits, I don't need them because I love your story challenges: and if anyone does, I will freely offer mine if someone tells me how.

On 07/01/2023 at 10:47, IsabellaRose said:

I have enough credits to do another challenge with a 2000/1000/500 1st/2nd/3rd prize, but I lack any ability to come up with something creative.

If anyone has suggestions for a challenge, please post them here.

Personally, I liked the picture prompt challenge.  I was pretty lazy and didn't do the last one even though I had an idea, but even if there's no credits reward, I'd be willing to do another one...especially since I don't need to type on mobile at work at the last 20 minutes this time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

Personally, I liked the picture prompt challenge.  I was pretty lazy and didn't do the last one even though I had an idea, but even if there's no credits reward, I'd be willing to do another one...especially since I don't need to type on mobile at work at the last 20 minutes this time.

do you feel like finding some pictures? Maybe I can generate some AI art to inspire people. I dunno. I'm at an all time low for inspiration.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Satyr said:

Inspiration is fickle lol. I know some days my brain is bursting with ideas and others my muse is blank and/or I get too easily distracted by something else.

I get this way this time of year. I'm trying really hard to just power through it, because I'm sick of losing 3-5 months every year in this crazy low. But that's like when you're depressed someone telling you to "just think happy thoughts", because that works so well. 

If it helps, one of my strategies for getting inspiration (or just feeling like I've accomplished SOMETHING) is writing a blurb or quick scene. It's usually only a paragraph or two, but sometimes I find a groove and get out more. At the very least, it lets me get an idea or image out of my head to let it incubate.

• 2 weeks later...

I always have ideas. Ideas populate my head like the teeming masses inhabiting a run down dystopian arcology. Right now I just don't have the gumption to write them down.

But all I really want to do is come up with a new writing challenge for this group so it doesn't die along with my inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Elena Ichinomiya said:

I know AI art can be something but my god, this is gonna be a challenge. Those picture speak nothing to me. But then again, that's why its called challenge but MY GOD! Those picture hate me! 

Time to get those MS Words running again!

I should have let him keep going, but he's flirty and I'm just not into the banter right now, so I took the first passable image he sent.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...