This is the main commerce sector in the colony ship. After a few months into the journey some citizens decided to open up businesses. Soon thid collection of businesses became a whole commercial center in the ship. The prominade has 6 floors to it and in the very center of the prominade area is a public resting spot (almost like a park but without the plants and such.) There are stair cases and elevators to move between the floors ans there are areas where floors overlook the floors below them. It is usually brightly lit with signs and public lighting. Since there is no physical day night cycle on a ship alot of businesses are open 24/7.

^Oi, let me go, you thug!^ A man growled, moments before he was shoved against the wall... And again, and again. The red-haired male behind him laughed and shook his head.

^"No, I don't think I will. Pretty rich for you to be calling me a thug when you basically tried robbing the Cafe PubSec was chilling at though... What, cat got your tongue? C'mon, say something."^ the man remarked, twisting the mans' arms behind his back before slapping on a pair of Hard-Light Links to make sure they were secured. ^"Making me need to deal with shit like you when we're supposed to be off-duty. Nothing I hate more than being made to work when I don't feel like it."^ despite the annoyance in his voice, he seemed to enjoy roughing the man up, yanking him away from the wall and tugging him along. A few onlookers seemed to be watching, a few from the Cafe nodding in support as they were spared from a hostage situation just moments before.

^'You're one of those Precinct 9 folks, aren't you? I hear you losers are some of the worst in PubSe- Guh!'^ the man wheezed as the redhead suddenly stumbled and yanked the man down, driving his knee into his side. From here, the man could see his badhe, reading 'A. Reid'. Arguably one of the more notable agents from Precinct 9, and the one most likely to bring in perpetrators more than roughed up.

^"Oh, shit, my bad. Not good to break my concentration, might have another accident. Now move your ass."^ the redhead grunted, yanking the man back up and walking downstairs with him. ^'We may not be the cream of the crop, but we're far from the bottom of the barrel. So what if we're not absolutely model agents? Least we're not so corrupt we have people living in fear of us... But thugs like you? Feel free to-"^ Without warning the man thrashed on the last step, tugging the redhead forward and causing him to fall forward face-first. Though he managed to catch himself on hands and knees, it left him in the perfect position to get kicked in the side and have the wind knocked out of him, moments before the man started to flee. ^"Shit! Guys, he's running! Motherfu-"^

Though the man tried to run, he didn't get very far. Attempting to round a corner, what happened was his forward momentum was stopped near instantly, a shoulder pushing into his midsection, before he was hefted up... And unceremoniously slammed upon the floor. A weak attempt to kick at the assailant was brushed off before the orange-haired figure reached forward, grabbed the hair of the man, and promptly slugged him in the face to remove what remaining resistance there may have been. "Man... Bad enough you tried to rob a Cafe while we were off-duty, resisting arrest too? They're gonna have fun booking your ass down at the precinct, heh." the man with orange hair laughed, pushing himself to a stand before pulling the man up by his shirts' collar, dragging him back toward the redhead. "C'mon, Archer, you're slipping here. At least it wasn't Gates cleaning up after you, huh?" he laughed, dropping the perpetrator near the man named Archer  who simply flipped the orange-haired man the bird and snorted.

^"Man, go get fucked, Ray. Good catch though, I'll give you that. I'll go take this sack of shit back to the Precinct, just stay here and make sure nothing else goes wrong."^ Archer sighed standing up and stretching, swinging his hand out and giving the orange-haired man a five. Despite the way they seemed to speak to one another, it was clear they were still good friends. The redhead hauled up the perpetrator, yanking him along to drag him back to the car. Meanwhile, Rayner stretched his arms up and stifled a quiet yawn before making his way up the stairs.

"We've all lost our homes and have to work together on this big tub, and people are still petty enough to want to pull one over on another. Humans, aliens... We're just trying to make a living and search for a new home. We could sure do without the drama, we get enough of it from the universe as a whole." Rayner mumbled to himself quietly, folding his arms and leaning against the railing looking over the bottom floors of The Promenade. Humams, various alien specied, adults and children... He'd heard stories in the past that alien life could have only been dreamed of, seen in movies... Yet the reality now was that they lived together in this one ship... For how long, he didn't know. Ever since he was born, he'd been on this ship, and anything he'd ever heard about his home, Earth... It was all in books, videos, secondhand information. Would he ever be able to find a new world to settle down on, or would this be his home for the rest of his life?

"Well... For what it's worth, it's a fun life. I can't ask for more than that." he found himself grinning, pushing away from the railing to wander The Promenade. There was always something interesting going on here...

It was the end of Liaralai's shift in the engineering sector working on maintaining the reactor core. Her skin still green from the exposure to the core. Her clothes were all sweaty and dirty from handling various greasy parts and what not and just the heat from the reactor itself. Dispite the smell of the sweat and grime her flowery scent persisted although it was much more faint due to her condition. She didn't really have a whole lot of energy in her at the moment. In her mind she contemplated visiting the photogenesis chambers even if it was the public ones as her living quarters was still a bit away.

Slowly as she walked through the crowded walkways of the promenade her skin slowly would turn to the fairer creamy beige color it was normally at without the solar or radiated stimulus. She would begin to approach the building cluster where the photogenesis chambers were at which was clearly visible from a number of the upper floors. As she would approach the building a rather short and fur covered being would bump into her and almost knock her to her feet.

Hey watch it!" she said to the person who completely ignored her. She was already frustrated from work and did not need to deal with rude people. She let out an annoyed huff and proceeded to the building. She would reach for her Id card so she could use it to purchase shampoo and soap as well as rent a locker for her clothes while she showered and then photosynthesized. However upon reaching for it she noticed it was gone. The realization hit her at that moment. 

Shit, my ID card!" she said. This was not good cause the pick pocket could make purchases with her funds. And as well as use her ID to access some restricted areas. She looked around to see if she could find security or anyone neglecting to look up. Not specifically seeing anyone she would go on the chase after the guy. " Dammit, this is not what I needed right now!" she said in frustration under her breath.

Interesting indeed... Rayner found himself across the walk from where a woman had shouted toward someone who bumped into her. He'd heard that voice before, but hadn't properly met the owner. However, this wasn't the time to worry about that... The fact the other figure, who looked at least partially alien, didn't respond to her in the slightest seemed passing strange. Not even a turn of acknowledgement, or even a threatening glare... "More than a little rude, if you ask me." He mumbled to himself quietly, beginning to walk toward the public Photogenesis Chambers. A few of the agents at Precinct 9 swore by this place, chief among them Archer, their secretary Yui (who was definitely a plant-like entity), Gates, their chief Benny... Maybe he could stand to visit the place one of these days. He prepared to turn and enter it, but barely got past the door before he heard the woman curse.

A missing ID card? His eyes narrowed, before it clicked. That would reasonably explain why the figure just up and bumped into her. He considered withdrawing his phone from his pocket to notify the others... But realized he didn't have very much to go on as far as describing the perp. No, if this was going to happen, he had to go chase them down himself.

He hurried with an unassuming stride, powerwalking to try and catch up to the beastly-seeming alien he figured had potentially pickpocketed the woman... Only to be surprised said woman in question sprinted past him like a Bat out of Hell. Rayner stopped and blinked at the sheer audacity and determination of the citizen, before he winced. "Oh, hell, she doesn't sound like the type to just let this go. Don't let this be more trouble than it needs to be..." He prayed to whatever God in the stars around them might have been listening as he picked up his pace to chase after her and the perpetrator. The last thing he needed to do was spook her and make her think he was with the guy.

Liaralai continued to chase after the idividual but they started to make their way into a crowded area. Sadly the theif was a bit shorter so she was not able to keep a visual on them. She went as far as she could on the chase but was not able to keep up and soon the pick pocket was lost in the crowds. She stopped pursuit and let out an annoyed huff. Though security wise they can lock out the keycode for that badge and issue a new one, she still was annoyed she lost it cause now she was going to have to sit through a lecture about keeping track of the card and such on her next shift. Plus her plans to get cleaned up and photosynthesize were down the drain since she had no way to pay for the locker.

Dammit," she cursed to herself.

@Gardsorm

Edited by Kitsuyumia

@Kitsuyumia

The woman was fast, he had to give her that... Then again, when a possession was stolen and you had and faint idea of who stole it, would you really just up and let that person walk away with it? Under normal circumstances, the answer to that would probably be a yes, as one had no idea what the other person was capable of. Yet just from the brief glance at the woman as she hurried past him, she was either not human, or did not care that the other person was not human and went to reclaim her stolen belongings anyway. However, with that came a new issue: The further into The Promenade they got, the more people there seemed to be. Rayner just had to remember the target was short, hairy, and trying to look unassuming.

However, there were just too many people around, and before long, the very same person he saw raced past him, nearly bumping him out of the way in frustration until he sidestepped and let her through. The woman looked positively livid, and part of him wonder if it was even a smart idea to try and ask her for details now, as she moved to stalk off. Not that he could blame her, there was just too many people around here to find the one person they were looking for. Part of him didn't want to give up however, but it also didn't seem like a good idea to let the woman go home angry like that. Maybe it was against his better judgment, but he turned and made his way toward he vexed woman.

"Excuse me, miss. You shouted about an ID Card earlier near the Photogenesis Chambers, before you took off. Do you have any recollection of the figure that bumped into you prior to you entering?" Even if Ray couldn't find her card now, maybe he could pass a profile back to the others at the precinct to keep an eye out for them. Locking the card would have been much easier, and probably not as long of a process, but maybe there were other issues involved with that.

Edited by Gardsorm

Not too well, I didn't get a good look at them. Short furry and wearing a ragged cloak or something." she said. Liaralai was not really in any mood to talk but If this person could help her she might as well try to get some help.

However the issue was there could be a number of passengers that fit that description. She was morr or less just settled on getting a new id card issued dispite how annoying it was to do that.

Edited by Kitsuyumia
  • Like 1

@Kitsuyumia

"Hrm... Yeah, I guess... That's not a whole lot to go on." Rayner frowned as the woman explained what little she could. She also sounded like she was in a rather unpleasant mood, which would have only gotten worse if pushed for more details, he figured. "Us folks at Precinct 9 get enough shit as it is since we don't follow the unwritten laws of enforcement, but I'm not sure we all want to begin profiling people at random, so instead... Why not just say you were hanging out with a friend... Say, me, and I lost it? You might get a little bit of heat, but at least the rest of the blame falls on me for being irresponsible, right?" he gave a shrug and a smile, trying to get the woman to try and find the brighter side of things. "On that note, if you actually do decide to roll with that, the name's Rayner Malmberg."

Looking past the annoyed woman, he remembered the direction she had come from. "You were on your way to the Photogenesis Chambers, right? Don't suppose I can just foot the time and the bill for you today, can I? Actually... What's your name?" The realization had hit him that he knew nothing about the woman except that she looked like she worked in one of the engineering departments, and he wasn't sure if calling her 'Miss' was respectful.

• 3 weeks later...

" The name is Liaralei, but you can just call me Lia. And I would appreciate it. After all I am feeling a bit exhausted. Plus I won't mind some company. " she said in reply to the man. Her pink eyes studying him. 

After all it should be fine for you to join me I assume." she added. Which was true the chambers were safe for all species. 

@Gardsorm

• Love 1

"Lia, huh? I like it, short, simple... Honestly your name sounds fun to say in multiple ways. Liara... Or Lei, because it sounds like-" Ray paused, remembering he was no longer among friends, especially ones that were used to his more-loose, crude or bawdy sense of humor. "Right, Lia works! Exhaustion's not good for someone working on this giant space bucket." He didn't want to capitalize on the notion that she didn't mind some company just yet. After all, it was still a rough day for her, and thinking good things were going to happen before they even knew one another would be a fools dream... Then again, dreams like that tended to come true more often around the Red Light District...

"Well, I'm not really on-duty right now, and I'd like to think the malcontents making nuisances of themselves around the Ark will either behave themselves long enough for me to get a peaceful afternoob, or get their asses busted by one of the other districts... Short of it? That's a safe assumption for you to make." he winked as he walked alongside Lia back to the Photogenesis Chambers. If nothing else, the trip back was much more pleasant despite the walk primarily because having company usually made the whole thing worth it. He wasted little time in opening the door for the woman, just a small and simple gesture but one he felt necessary for any man on a da- hanging out with a female friend.

"Truth be told, I don't come here very often, at least by myself. I'm usually hanging with friends or something when I come here... Oh, here." He paused for a second, fetching his ID to hand to Lia. "I don't know if you like to make adjustments to your chamber or not, so just use mine to preset it how you want." 

@Kitsuyumia

well usually standard setting are fine for me. And you hang out in the photogenesis chambers alot? I am guessing you have alot of florasian friends?" she said as she took the card. She would approach the building with the public chambers and enter.

[move to photogenesis chambers]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up