OOC chat for Land of Etheria

3 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

Understandable. Through with reading the world plot idea so far, now to peruse the individual topics to see what all has been done so far, then I shall set about tinkering with a character idea.

Very nice. I have done my best to try and keep things as simple as possible as per the lovely K.I.S.S. principle.

Of course, I might implement more if needed over time or change stuff, but so far it is good to see how the basics work.

Yeah, you two can do the interaction routine for the time being, I still gotta create something first. :3 

I might be a tad slow with getting something together (let alone posting for technical reasons), and once I do, I'll figure out how I want to start off in the town. However, I do appreciate the friendliness in trying to get me into the action of the atory. ^^

A gobbo with an explosive personality!

Where does she get to use her explosives?

I wonder how the characters could help each other. Having her do some firework performance at night could be nice, though. If my character gets to have a lakeside home, maybe she's testing them out near it and they get to watch the water reflect all the nice bright explosions.

2 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

Good gods, you come up with characters fast. o.o; Kinda envious. 

Ooh, a gobby! The Gods' gift to fantasykind for all things insane. :3 

I have had the idea of a gobbo sapper in my mind for quite some time. Honestly, I have tons of characters I have been wanting to play as, but of course there is only so much "space" to fulfill those roles over time. So I decided to do one of those I have yet to do at all.

Goblins are god tier shortstacks 😉

1 minute ago, TaleTale said:

A gobbo with an explosive personality!

Where does she get to use her explosives?

I wonder how the characters could help each other. Having her do some firework performance at night could be nice, though. If my character gets to have a lakeside home, maybe she's testing them out near it and they get to watch the water reflect all the nice bright explosions.

I am not sure where and how she usually gets to use them or even how often. I just wanted to make a sapper xD

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

I am not sure where and how she usually gets to use them or even how often. I just wanted to make a sapper xD

Want her to be frustrated about her hands being a bit burned and bandaged at the moment? My character wouldn't mind giving her a hand.

She could be drinking hard at the tavern my guy's at. Maybe over hears him asking for work and tells him to work for her and be her hands for a few days.

Want her to be frustrated about her hands being a bit burned and bandaged at the moment? My character wouldn't mind giving her a hand.

She could be drinking hard at the tavern my guy's at. Maybe over hears him asking for work and tells him to work for her and be her hands for a few days.

Yeah, that could work, I think. Good idea! 😄

If she's not actually getting super angry, he might fuck up on purpose a bit to tease her, and fix it at the last moment and grin and berate her for having so little faith in him. But he'd not try wasting her ingredients or ruining anything she cares about.

Maybe her instructions are awful at times too. So there's almost no way he could even get it right.

9 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I have had the idea of a gobbo sapper in my mind for quite some time. Honestly, I have tons of characters I have been wanting to play as, but of course there is only so much "space" to fulfill those roles over time. So I decided to do one of those I have yet to do at all.

Goblins are god tier shortstacks 😉

Truer words were never spoken before this moment. 😄 Bless the shortstacks and their chaotic energy.

I noticed we didn't have very many elf like characters, so I might do one, except not in the traditional way... Not quite sure yet.

If she's not actually getting super angry, he might fuck up on purpose a bit to tease her, and fix it at the last moment and grin and berate her for having so little faith in him. But he'd not try wasting her ingredients or ruining anything she cares about.

Maybe her instructions are awful at times too. So there's almost no way he could even get it right.

I am sure we can find a proper balance with some work and communicating anything that may need to be worked with a bit differently.

Just now, Gardsorm said:

Truer words were never spoken before this moment. 😄 Bless the shortstacks and their chaotic energy.

I noticed we didn't have very many elf like characters, so I might do one, except not in the traditional way... Not quite sure yet.

Did you check out the queen then? 😛 She is listed under NPCs ^^

Not in the traditional way? Like....how?

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Did you check out the queen then? 😛 She is listed under NPCs ^^

Not in the traditional way? Like....how?

Think I missed the NPC thread, let me go take a look...

Ah, more personality wise! A lot of the time Elves are normally portrayed as... I guess haughty, higher-than-thou, stuffy, ect. Some are usually more sympathetic, and in other circles elves exist for lewding.

I guess I kind of just wanted to make a more outgoing, overeager energetic type who wants to be a hero, but tends to be held back by his easygoing, carefree, and sometimes mischievous ways, if that works. ^^; 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

Think I missed the NPC thread, let me go take a look...

Ah, more personality wise! A lot of the time Elves are normally portrayed as... I guess haughty, higher-than-thou, stuffy, ect. Some are usually more sympathetic, and in other circles elves exist for lewding.

I guess I kind of just wanted to make a more outgoing, overeager energetic type who wants to be a hero, but tends to be held back by his easygoing, carefree, and sometimes mischievous ways, if that works. ^^; 

I am always a fan of not making "stereotypes" - at least exclusively. So I am definitely happy to see variety within any sort of character. I personally dislike how a lot of people have an idea that the general depiction of and other assumptions of various races and cultures need to be.

For instance, I have never liked how races arbitrarily live longer. Hence why I made everyone have the same lifespan.

• Haha 1

The 'lives longer' thing bugs you too, huh? I've seen people on other sites kind of go crazy with it. Some dragons living well over twenty thousand years, meanwhile I've got some crass wolf guy with an axe who basically hit thirty and already hates the people he has to deal with.

I can never understand how things live thousands of years and not wind up being jaded or acting like crotchety old people. 😛