Ooc Chat for Spruce Moore

2 hours ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Well, I'm open to have a scene involving Daliah and Austin, if you'd be interested in starting with that. Perhaps just talking about the state of the pack or strategizing for the future to ease ourselves in. Don't have anything particular in mind, really.

I'm chill with that, I'll get started on it when I get home. 

• Woohoo 1

8 hours ago, Kitsuyumia said:

Yed you could add some as long as you dont go super crazy

Speaking of magic:

Is it allowed to bring other fantastical discoveries into the world overall? I think it'd be interesting. Something like materials or physical runes, crystals or even books containing knowledge of different techniques and tricks. It would bring more flavor to how magic works. Obviously to not make it unfair for any of the sides, everything would be minimal but still advantageous so it isn't an useless addition.

A question for lycans/werewolves: 

I feel like lycans/werewolves are more physical based which means they don't have any fantastical properties to fight with, just a 'state' which honestly is probably 80% to 95% biology. So, I was wondering: Is it possible for a werewolf, to have a passive ability that makes them a bit more unique and comparable to vampires who have solid magic? A passive ability that can be accessed only whilst in lycan state. This idea came through my head through my Thrall character: Vance. He has a biological disadvantage yet it gave him enough advantages in return that allowed him to survive longer and fight fairly against vampires. Wouldn't it be that kind of cool and give more options to people who want to make werewolf characters as long as they dont take 'passive' too out of the picture?

• Like 1

For sake of scewing numbers to favor the werewolves, as Kitsuyumia mentioned  there should be more werewolves than vampires, I'm assuming that we will have quite a few npcs on their side at the very least. With that in mind, I'm sure the same thing goes for the vampires, but how large of groups are we talking on both sides? I was kinda along the mind set that both sides had dwindling numbers that would increase as the RP progressed and gained members, but is this not the case?

Really like the dialog going on in the library, but the loss of scouts got my mind working on this. Might be best to discuss now so that we're all on the same page.

@Kitsuyumia @Icarian Dreams @BladeRunner

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'd guess that werewolves would have greater numbers, given their need to constantly keep the pack strong due to their lack of immortality. Also given the vampire's ability to utilize arcane arts numbers on the werewolf's side would be better.

Besides that I wouldn't put it past Alicia either to occasionally swipe a lone wolf for experimental purposes. She would not be adverse to getting her hands bloodied.

For science!

• Haha 1

For sake of scewing numbers to favor the werewolves, as Kitsuyumia mentioned  there should be more werewolves than vampires, I'm assuming that we will have quite a few npcs on their side at the very least. With that in mind, I'm sure the same thing goes for the vampires, but how large of groups are we talking on both sides? I was kinda along the mind set that both sides had dwindling numbers that would increase as the RP progressed and gained members, but is this not the case?

Really like the dialog going on in the library, but the loss of scouts got my mind working on this. Might be best to discuss now so that we're all on the same page.

I'd guess that werewolves would have greater numbers, given their need to constantly keep the pack strong due to their lack of immortality. Also given the vampire's ability to utilize arcane arts numbers on the werewolf's side would be better.

Speaking of which I would have a question on younglings like kids and the elderly. Thralls are human and would need to reproduce as well as the wolves is that at the discretion of us members or is that to be implied? 

7 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Besides that I wouldn't put it past Alicia either to occasionally swipe a lone wolf for experimental purposes. She would not be adverse to getting her hands bloodied.

For science!

guess who could potentially help as long as his fingers dont get blown off 👀

5 minutes ago, Lady_Xien said:

Speaking of which I would have a question on younglings like kids and the elderly. Thralls are human and would need to reproduce as well as the wolves is that at the discretion of us members or is that to be implied? 

I don't run the RP but my guess would be that they'd want to get permission, I think?

2 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

guess who could potentially help as long as his fingers dont get blown off 👀

Well she can't promise that they won't get blown off, but she could certainly get them put back on! Or replaced! Alicia is a master of sciences and the arcane arts, after all!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lady_Xien said:

Thralls are human and would need to reproduce as well

From my understanding based on a few replies between Thrall and master, Thralls actually become immortal and can only die through external damage (I assume brain being destroyed or heart being destroyed). Basically: thralls are like semi-vampires once they sign the contract. I'm pretty sure this is WITH all vampires, not just Kitsu's vampire character because it solves the issue with having to reproduce. Also: they physically stop aging.

As for werewolves: yeah werewolves will have to reproduce normally. Means more fun for them though. :3

38 minutes ago, VenariWulf99 said:

Imo I think either side should start with dwindling numbers, while I see the pack having the vampires outnumbered at least 2 to 1 for the time being, I do agree with wolves and vamps growing in numbers as time goes on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

I don't run the RP but my guess would be that they'd want to get permission, I think?

Well she can't promise that they won't get blown off, but she could certainly get them put back on! Or replaced! Alicia is a master of sciences and the arcane arts, after all!

And he certainly can't promise that he won't end up killing the experiment puppies. 😂 I'm joking. Of course he can (because he doesn't want to face Alicia's wrath and disappointment)

40 minutes ago, VenariWulf99 said:

That's a very good question and discussion to be had - there's a huge difference in losing three scouts whether the pack has 30 or 300 members. I was thinking the pack has maybe 60 members, and the vampires about a third of that (not counting thralls), but now I'm realizing I really have no idea what would be realistic 😅

I've also presumed that not all of the pack may live directly in the mansion - that there could be maybe a small encampment around the building as well, so there could be a bit more members. But don't take my word on any of this 😛

As for werewolves: yeah werewolves will have to reproduce normally. Means more fun for them though. :3

Sucks to be you lol xD!!

That's a very good question and discussion to be had - there's a huge difference in losing three scouts whether the pack has 30 or 300 members. I was thinking the pack has maybe 60 members, and the vampires about a third of that (not counting thralls), but now I'm realizing I really have no idea what would be realistic 

Realistically I would say the teens and then between the 30s to 40s would be more realistic as wolves based on some research do not keep large number right away. (Wolf pack size can range from 2 to 36 wolves, with the average pack size consisting of 6 wolves.) So maybe packs passing through and depositing loners here and there IDK. 

As far as the Vampires would it be Underworld rules or Twilight? cause all vary in numbers. One being like a large bee hive sort of structure with the numbers and hierarchy and the latter just being like a pack in smaller groups. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

I've also presumed that not all of the pack may live directly in the mansion - that there could be maybe a small encampment around the building as well, so there could be a bit more members. But don't take my word on any of this 😛

I would be on board with that idea, especially if things are large. Maybe a few 'nanny' homes so to speak, could be that they initially were for servants and what not before the lycans moved in. That or most could live in the city and the mansion could be more of a meeting place. Maybe these 'nanny' homes belong to the higher ranked members and are given as a sign of prestige?

With that in mind maybe the Alpha lives in the mansion and the Betas, Deltas, and Gamma's live in these homes. In this case maybe some are newer and some are older? Again this all depends on sizing of the pack.

2 minutes ago, Lady_Xien said:

Sucks to be you lol xD!!

Realistically I would say the teens and then between the 30s to 40s would be more realistic as wolves based on some research do not keep large number right away. (Wolf pack size can range from 2 to 36 wolves, with the average pack size consisting of 6 wolves.) So maybe packs passing through and depositing loners here and there IDK. 

As far as the Vampires would it be Underworld rules or Twilight? cause all vary in numbers. One being like a large bee hive sort of structure with the numbers and hierarchy and the latter just being like a pack in smaller groups. 

With that same vein of thought, don't forget William's pack in Underworld. It was more the size of an army than a wolf pack. And if this pack has been here for some time it could be quite large as well. Based on the amount of members characters on the vampire side currently and the amount of thralls they have, keeping that 2-1 ratio would put the pack at at least 60 right now.

Kit's character has at least a dozen thralls from what I understand, and there are at least 8 characters made for that side currently and growing every day. So for sake of planning for that growth I'd say maybe we should stick with something closer to 60-80 for the lycans' side? Gives plenty of free roaming npcs to kill off for both sides and would allow the vampires to have 30-40 npcs as well without scewing things too far in their favor given their other advantages.

1 minute ago, Lady_Xien said:

Realistically I would say the teens and then between the 30s to 40s would be more realistic as wolves based on some research do not keep large number right away. (Wolf pack size can range from 2 to 36 wolves, with the average pack size consisting of 6 wolves.) So maybe packs passing through and depositing loners

Well werewolves are part human too and well humans do gather in pretty big groups. But the 30-60 range seems reasonable.

As for vampires I imagine their population rises wildly right before a conflict usually with them turning useless thralls to make them actually dangerous in combat. Probably starving them before the fight so they frenzy and die in battle. Though this is assuming the vampires are led by someone more immoral than Miana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KanDaKnight said:

Yeah, the werewolves side need to be bigger. After all vampires can literally meddle with magic. I made a point in my suggestion up there. One vampire is like one trouble for a dozen werewolves. Even if the vampire is not strong they still have so many good advantages. 

This also raises the question of the power difference between werewolves and vampires. To my mind, an average Vampire could potentially handle two, maybe three Werewolves. It is the more experienced ones (who have lived for over a millennium) that would probably have little problem dispatching even up to a dozen. Magic does make such calculations complicated though.

Do werewolves have any kind of magic? There's certainly a spiritual side to them, and I do feel there could be something to that. Perhaps not as flashy as what the vampires have, but I definitely see some divination or general shamanism involved.

11 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

Yeah, the werewolves side need to be bigger. After all vampires can literally meddle with magic. I made a point in my suggestion up there. One vampire is like one trouble for a dozen werewolves. Even if the vampire is not strong they still have so many good advantages. 

I'd have to agree. Werewolves can be pretty scary but a vampire with hundreds of years of experience and access to arcane abilities is going to be a major issue in its own right.

I say a "dozen" because seeing what Miana can do for example with just contracts made that question raise up in my head. But she is experienced. I was mainly addressing experienced anyway. 

New vampires can handle one in my head. Also: lets mention being able to transform into a bat!? Thats an instant escape! What are the poor werewolves gonna do, grow wings? 

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

This also raises the question of the power difference between werewolves and vampires. To my mind, an average Vampire could potentially handle two, maybe three Werewolves. It is the more experienced ones (who have lived for over a millennium) that would probably have little problem dispatching even up to a dozen. Magic does make such calculations complicated though.

Do werewolves have any kind of magic? There's certainly a spiritual side to them, and I do feel there could be something to that. Perhaps not as flashy as what the vampires have, but I definitely see some divination or general shamanism involved.

Something spiritual could be cool and might be even better combined with my idea of "passives".

Well it was permitted earlier that werewolves can have other abilities. Since my character is the Gamma I based her abilities from DnD. Not so much a Cleric type but a Monk as they are more spiritual in the sense of meditation and using their ki/energy around them to aid in victory.

IDK if that would be a good basis to think about it but it makes sense seeing how the classes seem to coincide with the characters personalities and traits. 

5 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

New vampires can handle one in my head. Also: lets mention being able to transform into a bat!? Thats an instant escape! What are the poor werewolves gonna do, grow wings? 

Pull out their guns (which makes me really wanna make a gunsmith character now) 😛 But agreed, between this, magic, and thralls, the vampires do have a lot going on for them at the moment.

8 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

Something spiritual could be cool and might be even better combined with my idea of "passives".

I'll admit, I'm not entirely confident I understand what your idea with the passives was. Some sort of physical/biological "quirk", I presume? Maybe it's my lack of creativity speaking, but I can't really think of many that would work right now. 😅 I do absolutely dig the idea of having something to make each werewolf a bit more unique from another.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up