Farmlands and Outskirts

• 3 months later...

Hunter wakes up to a beautiful sunny day. he stands up stretches and puts on his clothes which consist of a long sleeve shirt, a pair of jeans, some nice boots, and his trusty cowboy hat. he then goes downstairs and prepares his breakfast along side a nice warm cup of black coffee. he steps out of his house embracing the sun as he inhales deeply. "looks like another day of hard labor" he says jokingly to himself as he walks towards the farms. Hunter whistles loudly outside of a hut as 2 large wolves and a smaller wolf come out and jump on hunter. he laughs and says "there y'all are" as he embraces the pack. He walks to a lock that is shackled closed an unlocks it. Hunter unlocks it pulling out a compound bow with a quiver filled with arrows. he then proceeds to lead them out into the forest to help hunt and gather food to feed them for the day. while they hunt they find a variety of food but mostly rabbit which he fed to the wolves. "Good too see I haven't lost my aim" he says towards the wolves as he mounts the bow on to his shoulder and leads them back home. he puts the bow away and saves half of the food caught for diner. Hunter then enters the green house to care to his crops that he grows making sure there well kept. hunter then goes to collect the eggs from his chicken hut. Lastly he goes out and tends to barn where he keeps a couple of sheep's and a couple of cows. Hunters farm is quite small to a typical farm as he's the one living there. he grows enough material to self sustain himself and 2 other people but he resorts to selling anything he can in order to maintain his farm. After hunter finishes his daily routine he takes a nice cold shower and has a change of clothes in order go out if needed. 

Edited by Ruyah
  • Love 1

//Hey! Welcome to Pine Heath, it's always nice to see someone new! If ya wouldn't mind, I'd like ya to use the Midnight Pack template to create your character so we can keep track of the character, even if they're just Human.//

In the distance down the gravel road, which was still damp from the soaked farming fields the always seem to flood downhill during any storm, a truck could be heard going down the road. It was an old but large diesel truck, while not a semi it could easily be mistaken for a large tow truck, the only exception being it's massive load of chopped wood in the back. Given Montana's short months of warmth and of course being so far north winters usually hit early and lasted longer. Many farmers turn to selling quantities of lumber, and Pine Heath being surrounded by wilds, many chop down a controlled area of trees and even go past the Canadian border to collect. However some farmers chop wood for folk for free given some couldn't afford expensive services, but wood all around was relatively cheap. 

The truck stopped just in front of Hunter's house, an individual in a heavy leather jacket stepped from the driver's seat and onto the gravel leaving his truck on. There was a second person in the passenger side however they remained. The first individual in question was a 6'5" burly and elderly man, having a semi-gray beard and obviously wrinkles. He was of course someone who passed by on the usual and this was just one of those "usual" times he happened to. 

Walking up on the property and along the path, and finally reaching the door the man knocks on it however given his strength was more of a bang. Jason Baggs was one of the main farmers around Pine Heath, though it was cold here seventy percent of the time, he made everything work like his grandaddies before him. He sold the widest variety of crop from mainline vegetation and fruit to general fodder, even in town his son and daughter-in-law owns an herbal shop which profits are through the roof there. However there was always competition, and this plot of land here... Was definitely not it. 

Hunter was relaxing on his couch listening to the tv as he drank a warm cup of coffee. He wasn't expecting anyone to come to his house but then again he never does. Hunter is the kind of person that lives secluded and sees very few people actually come to his house. But that's when he heard the loud knock coming from his door. Hearing the heavy knock on the door hunter got up from Sofa, grabbed his coat and put on his Signature Hat. "Now there no need to break down my door" he said jokingly at the heavy knocks. He opened the door to see a well built man at the door blocking the light behind him. "well hello there partner what brings you to these part of the land?" He said in a respectful tone while he adjusted his hat.

Edited by Ruyah
  • Like 1

Jason Baggs passed through these parts sparingly,  however every year before the snow hits he tends to pay everyone a visit to sell or just give away wood. If they didn't buy any, he'd give them a few bundles anyhow to be nice. It wasn't often neighbors let alone other farmers did this so he easily had this down to a monopoly.  Cheap costs and wise variety is what he aimed for. 

"Hunner," Jason nodded, a heavy Southern accent escaping him as well as his deep and grizzled voice, "Jus' checkin' to see if ya need any wood, ain't cost much if ya want variety. Got apple, hickory, Pine, and oak this time 'round. Snow'll be hittin' soon so I reckoned to stop by before heading back around the farm."

• Like 1

Hunter looked at Jason staring for a sec before finally recognizing who he was. "OH! Jason you old dog how you been doing ? come on in I got a nice pot of fresh coffee."  He said in a friendly manner as he patted him on the shoulder and walked back inside leaving the door open. he went behind the kitchen counter as took out a mug from one of the shelves for Jason while thinking over his question. "hmm why I don't see why not it saves me a trip to the forest. how much for 2 bundles of pine and 2 bundles of oak?" he asked as he started to pour the fresh hot coffee into the mug "Black?" he asked referring too the coffee

• Like 1

The large mam nods then signals for the individual in the truck to come along. Once he heard the passenger door shut, Jason headed inside and closed the house door. He lokked around for a few seconds before his gaze tracked onto Hunter who had moved into the kitchen. Once the man starts to pour the coffee did Jason want to tell him no, however he didn't want to be rude either. Nodding to the man, Jason would take the mug and looked to the door as of waiting for someone, however turned his attention back to Hunter. 

"Four bucks a bundle, each one got six half logs in them," Jason replies before sipping some of the black coffee, "Snow storm'll hit tomorrow night, it'll be hell goin' out to begin with." 

The door opened and in walked an individual with a thick fur coat. They pulled the hood back revealing snow white hair and sky blue eyes, however the individual seemed to be a woman. She huffed before patting her leggings down and dusted off a few woodchips before composing herself. The young woman walked beside Jason and gave a light bow to Hunter, if he has a quick eye he'd notice the scan of his midsection and lower body in the split second as if taking in the man before her. Jason said, "Oh yeah,  you know that man who owns Midnight Manor err whatever it's called? This is his niece, she figured since she's from outta town she'd get to know the area better. Anyway, how much ya want?" 

Jason knew exactly who the Midnights "owner" was, has known him for years. The Pack of Wolves there made allies with Humans years ago, the Baggs family being one of them abd have had good relations for many generations. That said, he also carried anti-furry rounds in case he ran into a violent rogue or a rival gang. Been awhile since he's gone hunting. The young woman simply said in a quiet and gentle tone, "Hello," Withna soft smile, however Hunter's "sixth sense" would be blaring warning signals to him. 

• Like 1

Hunter looked at Jason take a drink as he poured himself another mug of coffee. Hunter grabbed the Tv remote and lowered the noise a bit so that they can hear each other properly. He took a sip of the hot coffee while listening to the man name the pricing of each bundle and his warning of the upcoming storm. "that storm might cause trouble for us farmers but ain't nothing we can do but prepare and buckle up" he said while taking another sip of his coffee. He watched as the door opened to his house and another person walked in. A gust of wind blew inside as they closed the door to the house. She took of her hood and revealed her snow white hair along with her sky blue eyes. He Looked at her for a sec before taking out his wallet from his back pocket. He took out a 20 and a 10 and placed it on the table next to Jason's mug. "Ill take 5 bundles, I reckon 3 oaks and 2 pines should do the trick." he said as he looked over at the lady next to Jason. although Hunter was secluded a lot from the main land and didn't have much communications he still knew how to treat a lady. "well hello there pretty lady what may I refer you by?" he asked as he tilted his hat towards her and smiled.  He acknowledge his sixth sense but didn't show any sign of being on alert. He kept cool as he continued his conversation with his two guests Infront of him.

• Like 1

//Apologies for the wait bud, I have my bouts of vanishing for a few days here and there, work and all//

Nodding, Jason sets the mug down on the nearby counter and stretches an arm. His demeanor was always gruff and rough around the edges, however the man meant well... Most of the time.  Finishing his stretching Jason decides to turn ahd starts to head for the door, saying, "Alright, then I ought to grab 'em right quick. May, stay here a moment, figured you'd get warm since the heaters busted." 

Once the man stepped out and closed the door May was already gazing around, curious about her surroundings it seemed. She was talker than most and due to the jackets she was poofier to add but nonetheless the her face was a sight to behold. Her hand was behind her back and she lightly rocked back and forth in place, it was as if she was wanting to something to do. However her gaze finally rests on Hunter, and she cocks her head but has the expression like something hit her, "Oh... You're what they call an Omega... Or a rogue... Am I correct?"

Hunter watched Jason as he finished his mug and walked out the door. Hunter took a big swig of his own mug finishing his coffee as well. He Grabbed both the mugs and put them in the sink to wash for later. It was safe to say that Hunter among others was a handsome guy. He always maintained his muscles due to the manual labor he did daily. Along with that he had long hair tied in a bun and well kept beard. His eyes were soft yet sharp and were a hazel color. When he turned back around her saw may rocking back and forward as of waiting for something. He walked back to her re adjusting his hat as he was about to ask something until May beat him to it. He was surprised for a sec getting caught off guard by the question however he didn’t get to phased by it. 

“a rogue you say. . Well I’m not sure what I did to become a rogue, I’m just a farmer who enjoys the peace and breeze out in these parts” 

Hunter spoke with a with a friendly tone as the both shared small talk. Although he likes to be by himself he didn’t mind it when people came by. So he was happy to talk to the girl inferno of him.

“By the way miss I’m curious to what brings you out to these parts of the country?”

Edited by Ruyah
  • Like 1

May furrowed her brows. She had heard of lone wolves where shevwas from but they were bands of raiders or troublemakers on their own. It was a large contrast to these Omegas in the America's who, like this man, seemed to just keep to themselves and do by with that. Still, he had to have family, friends, or even another pack he could associate with! Perhaps her Uncle's group could take him in? No, best to let these things be. 

"Oh... I see..." May said somewhat disappointed, however almost perked up when she was asked why she was so far into the country, "I am actually visiting my uncle Austin. Back in my country my father... Are dealing with some affairs, so he sent us up here to stay for a while." 

May seemed to think for a moment befire realizing how hot she was in her two coats. After a moment of thought she went ahead and unzipped the two and slid the heavy and thick jackets off, revealing a rather thick woman beneath. She sighed a beeatbpf relief and held the coats into her arms, abd though shevwas gorgeous, her arms were rather full of muscle but not repulsively so. 

• Like 1

Hunter stared at her for a sec as she took off her clothes seeing how gorges the lady in front him was. Hunter couldn’t remember the last time a female was over his house it been quite a while. He kept his composure however as it’s not like he had no experience what so ever with these type of things. His eye brows lifted when her heard that she would be staying in the area for a bit. he wondered if that means he would see her more frequently then. 

“I see well if you want you can come by and visit anytime you want I’ll treat you to some coffee and food and maybe even introduce you to the wolves, plus I wouldn’t mind seeing a strong and beautiful lady such as yourself again.”

Hunter spoke in a friendly tone before walking over to her side and pulling up a chair for her to sit as she waited. he proceeded to to walk back to the other side of the counter. At a closer glance you could see some old scars on his upper arms leading to his back and a few on his forearm showing some history of fighting or something. His house as a whole seemed clean and well kept as well.

• Like 1

"Oh, thank you." May said to Hunter as he presented a chair for the woman, she took it and sat down but had already noticed the scars. Unbeknownst to the man, she was far more observant than what she led on, already there were many ways to deal with certain situations should the need arise. Humming a bit, May would have asked about his scars but objected to do so, it wasn't her place to go prodding at business not hers anyhow. 

May carefully watched Hunter as she thought for a moment, appearing to be a bit of a slow thinker of anything. She then thought of a question, "Oh, that would certainly be nice. I'm not certain if I would be able to come around again, but maybe we can see to it. You said... There are wolves?" 

Mays question was innocent enough, however she made it sound, it was not what it meant at all. She thought that Hunter was mentioning others of their kind, kin, maybe family or friends he didn't tend to mention to strangers. It would beneficial to her uncles group if there are more on the outskirts, but that remains to be seen. But not to her knowledge did May know Hunter meant actual wolves. 

• Like 1

The handsome farmer smiled a bit as he say that may was interested in his wolves. Hunter went over to wash the mugs real quick using a soft sponge and some soap. Hunter then grabbed a neat looking hand towel to dry his hand before finally turning to May again. 

“well of course I don’t see why not at least I’d hope to see you again. As for the wolves you can come by and say hello any time I’m their leader after all. I got three of does rascals they can be a pain in the ass sometimes but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love them to death.” 

Hunter laughed and kept up a warm smile capable of heating up even the coldest of days. His body language for the whole duration of their conversation remained open and straight. He knew in the back of his mind that something was different about her so he wasn’t sure what exactly. He wasn’t sure if she was hiding something or if she was out to do something bad but none the less he kept a friendly demeanor towards her as it wasn’t for certain that she was bad. After all may has been a wonderful guest so far in his home.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

//Sorry this post was a bit short, at work so I didn't get a chance to sit down and write a more detailed post up//

May smiled warmly that she was welcomed at Hunters place anytime, and just as she was about to say something Jason stepped through the door huffing a little. It looked like he was done with unloading wood, and unbeknownst to Hunter, Jason gave him more than what was agreed upon. But that was a secret until it was discovered.  The large man said, "Alrighty, suppose twenty should cover it. Sorry to interrupt you two but I got other errands to run abd make sure she's back at a certain time."

• Like 1