The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

So im looking at the "tongues" curse, and thinking i could extend its effects to sexual situations in addition to combat ones?...

Just checked the Tongues Curse, it says Combat so that you may communicate with that party without issues outside of combat.

If we change the wording to 'times of stress' that can include rape. If we word it as 'When you need to communicate' thar can include sex and many other situations.

Regardless I like the idea.

@DreamsnThings

39 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Also I believe another player is also considering taking this drawback and I would like the characters to be different.@DreamsnThings

Also that other player, Are they playing as a nymph? If not the nymphs new racial requires the Irresistible trait which feels awkward to not be able to consider

3 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Just checked the Tongues Curse, it says Combat so that you may communicate with that party without issues outside of combat.

If we change the wording to 'times of stress' that can include rape. If we word it as 'When you need to communicate' thar can include sex and many other situations.

Regardless I like the idea.

@DreamsnThings

Definitely will consider this

Im quickly realizing im throwing things at a wall and seeing what sticks, ill think on things for a bit and try and get a more concrete concept and go from there

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

Also that other player, Are they playing as a nymph? If not the nymphs new racial requires the Irresistible trait which feels awkward to not be able to consider

Definitely will consider this

Im quickly realizing im throwing things at a wall and seeing what sticks, ill think on things for a bit and try and get a more concrete concept and go from there

You dont have to take any of the Racial Traits. And I'll cross that bridge if we get there.

I am glad you are taking the Oracle this way the party will have a healer.

19 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Ah I thought id mention it atleast

20 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Oracle is basically the only thing i have locked in so im glad to hear it ^-^"

... i mentioned how i wanted to flavor a 5e divination wizard as just being a lucky charm?... how about this for a curse- luckless Charm. - your luck refuses to remain your own, up to 3 times per day the DM may force you to reroll a successful D20 roll. However you have some control over your lost luck, letting you reroll an allies failed D20 roll once per day. 5th level allies within 20 feet of me other then myself have a +1~ luck bonus on saving throws10th i gain 1 additional reroll to use on another allies roll 15th the luck bonus provided to other allies in increased to+2~

4 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Okie dokie! I added the link and stuff.

Perfect.

The sheet is filled a little strangely but the only thing I couldn't find was what Sexual Flaw the character had.

I will take a deeper look tomorrow but at first glance the rest looks correct.

• Woohoo 1

2 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

There is a typo 😅

I want to know your whole character concept before I decide about the Luckless Charm curse.

currently im imagining a farmers daughter who ended up with an unwanted blessing, who more or less got kicked out of her village due to everyone's high expectations of her future and them pushing her to go out into the world to do greater things

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

i would adore that, sadly I dont see one if there is

This is why I was asking if the Mystery and the Curse matched in some way I could see why you want something bespoke.

There is no requirement that they match just understanding what you are going for.

Just now, MagnificentBastard said:

This is why I was asking if the Mystery and the Curse matched in some way I could see why you want something bespoke.

There is no requirement that they match just understanding what you are going for.

as for what i was going for, i was wanting to give you a tool to fuck me over in dice to end up in a "bad" situation... but i was rushing the idea out well i was wrapping up the last of my free time at work so it was a little shoddy honestly

now that im home ill try and see if theres something i over looked that i like for the curse

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

as for what i was going for, i was wanting to give you a tool to fuck me over in dice to end up in a "bad" situation... but i was rushing the idea out well i was wrapping up the last of my free time at work so it was a little shoddy honestly

now that im home ill try and see if theres something i over looked that i like for the curse

You don't know the rules, I think it will be easy to do regardless of what you pick. 😉

There are very few luck based classes one is a Bard archetype the other is an Investigator one. Neither fits your character concept.

I think Oracle and Sorcerer are the only one that do.

3 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

You don't know the rules, I think it will be easy to do regardless of what you pick. 😉

There are very few luck based classes one is a Bard archetype the other is an Investigator one. Neither fits your character concept.

I think Oracle and Sorcerer are the only one that do.

im 100% going for oracle, i just need to pick the mystery and curse definitively... there's just... a lot to read

4 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

im 100% going for oracle, i just need to pick the mystery and curse definitively... there's just... a lot to read

Cool.

Succor is the 'Aid' mystery. Not sure any of them particularly fit your concept.

Have a read and we can discuss it afterwards.

... there's enough there with succor for me to pick out 5 non attacking revalations... so ill go with that...

I can not for a the life of me decide on a curse though... all of them I either dont want due to not wanting to have sex as a plagued cripple... ooor i dislike the mechanics.... or it just does not fit...