The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

3 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

It looks weak in comparison, but it felt thematically right with what I'm shooting for... (pun intended)

The plan is that she's a noble from the Dominion of Rapine who was the only heir to her fathers title. As women cannot own property, she was to be married to another noble, her lands and people becoming his, but fled with most of her household before being enslaved. She is young and innocent and feels obliged to save others if she can. Being from Rapine, she believes in the technology of her land, hence he reliance on firearms instead of more common weapons, and her Paladin oath will reflect her need to throw herself in the line of fire to defend the innocent, particularly other women... or something like that.

That's good I like that, feel free to ask about Rapine you would know a lot about the area with that background.

5 hours ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Because DreamsnThings is new to Pathfinder I am being less strict on the rules with her. So the only third party content approved besides what I wrote, is the Merciful curse.

!!! Wait third party content is not approved!? I dont need an exception, i can try and find another curse since there were a handful i was ok with but not crazy about (gods plaything, tongues, wrecker, etc) i just saw the things on pathfinders system reference document and wanted clarification

I ADORE gullible plaything, 100% going with that, though fairy innocence had me interested in the first half not gonna lie

11 hours ago, MagnificentBastard said:

For Stats look in Character Creation Rules you will find a Calculator to use with the point buy.

So as someone from 5E the fact that theres rules and extra points for starting with 7 in a stat (and by extension 5 if your race has a penalty to it) I uh... wanted to really lean hard into the gullible idiot direction and have a 7 int and 5 wisdom due to catfolk... but Im guessing some stats may be more valuable in PF then 5E so i wanted to double check im mostly just fucking up my saves right?...

4 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

!!! Wait third party content is not approved!? I dont need an exception, i can try and find another curse since there were a handful i was ok with but not crazy about (gods plaything, tongues, wrecker, etc) i just saw the things on pathfinders system reference document and wanted clarification

I ADORE gullible plaything, 100% going with that, though fairy innocence had me interested in the first half not gonna lie

So as someone from 5E the fact that theres rules and extra points for starting with 7 in a stat (and by extension 5 if your race has a penalty to it) I uh... wanted to really lean hard into the gullible idiot direction and have a 7 int and 5 wisdom due to catfolk... but Im guessing some stats may be more valuable in PF then 5E so i wanted to double check im mostly just fucking up my saves right?...

Wisdom affects wills saves, (only 3 stas have saves related to them in Pathfinder, DEX, CON, WIS).

Will saves are important for resisting several powerful spells. So I wouldn't drop it too much.

Also in Pathfinder no stat can legally be less than 7 before Racial Modifiers.

Int just handles skills so it can be dropped without too much issue.

20 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

I'll keep that in mind. I just want you to have a great first Pathfinder experience and play the character you want.

9 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Also in Pathfinder no stat can legally be less than 7 before Racial Modifiers.

yaaa catfolk has a -2 wisdom racial which with the 7 minimum pre racial traits...

as far as will saves go, are there any like, instant death or permanent disfiguring effects tied to that stat or?... because if all the effects are temporary I somewhat like the idea of being very easily manipulated...

Int just handles skills so it can be dropped without too much issue.

since int handles skills and im shooting for a more "im useless but im still helping!" kind of mindset im 100% fine with this

5 hours ago, MagnificentBastard said:

I added the Fairy Innocence and Gullible Plaything, Sexual Drawbacks.

@Chiyako
If you want to change your drawback you can.

with these 2 traits being added are any race traits or sexual drawbacks like "virgin" adding them into their respective special choices?

7 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

as far as will saves go, are there any like, instant death or permanent disfiguring effects tied to that stat or?... because if all the effects are temporary I somewhat like the idea of being very easily manipulated...

A curse could disfigure you because it's effects are up to the DM but as you may imagine I have no interest in that.

Very high level spells may kill you but not directly, very few effects are permanent but they are also curable.

Spells that can control you are permanent but can last days and can be recast. It's unlikely you will live with anything effect you don't want for too long. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

3 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

With the automatic CHA 18, do I lose the racial +2 CHA for Aasimar, or do I have CHA 20?

You have 20, which will make you quite powerful. I checked the class your biggest limitations is lack of feats perhaps dipping into Fighter will help with that?

I also wanted to suggest a gun that is also a melee weapon. That would take an Exotic weapon proficiency but it may worth considering.

4 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

I'll keep that in mind. I just want you to have a great first Pathfinder experience and play the character you want.

I appreciate that consideration! but I feel icky whenever im given more choices then others >w< so just treat me as another player with training wheels rather then privilege's 

13 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

A curse could disfigure you because it's effects are up to the DM but as you may imagine I have no interest in that.

Very high level spells may kill you but not directly, very few effects are permanent but they are also curable.

Spells that can control you are permanent but can last days and can be recast. It's unlikely you will live with anything effect you don't want for too long. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

well... with with this in miiiiiind... 5 wisdom les go!!

You have 20, which will make you quite powerful. I checked the class your biggest limitations is lack of feats perhaps dipping into Fighter will help with that?

I also wanted to suggest a gun that is also a melee weapon. That would take an Exotic weapon proficiency but it may worth considering.

erm... assuming im still going cat folk I... also have a 20 Charisma.... and possibly a 20 Dex due to me having 2 dump stats in intelligence and wisdom... and a semi dump stat in strength...

6 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

erm... assuming im still going cat folk I... also have a 20 Charisma.... and possibly a 20 Dex due to me having 2 dump stats in intelligence and wisdom... and a semi dump stat in strength...

If you can afford an 18 on dex then yes. You can also wear armor. I made some new ones.

3 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

If you can afford an 18 on dex then yes. You can also wear armor. I made some new ones.

I... have a sneaking suspicion that the new armor is mostly lewd and might be a little out of place for the innocent farmers daughter approach... though i guess a corset mixed with the classic medieval peasant style dress might fit well having the potential for her to be talked into less and less clothing with it as things go on... neat! assuming i can wear clothes with armor?

3 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

I... have a sneaking suspicion that the new armor is mostly lewd and might be a little out of place for the innocent farmers daughter approach... though i guess a corset mixed with the classic medieval peasant style dress might fit well having the potential for her to be talked into less and less clothing with it as things go on... neat! assuming i can wear clothes with armor?

That's fair it was just a suggestion.

You can wear light armor under clothes. Because you are a divine casters you can use armor and cast without issue.

Just now, IsabellaRose said:

The customer Aasimar race trait "Angelic Purity" - which of my race traits does it replace? I assume the magical racial trait?

None. Racial Traits are different to Race Traits. You can find more information on the Trait system here.

12 hours ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Stats, Race, Feats and Traits.

For Stats look in Character Creation Rules you will find a Calculator to use with the point buy.

For race there is only the small subset I approved in Character Creation Rules.

The rest can wait until tomorrow.

got stats done, race (catfolk) done, feats and traits... ill need a bit of info on how to start that

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

got stats done, race (catfolk) done, feats and traits... ill need a bit of info on how to start that

You can find more information on the Trait system here.

But in short you get 3 Traits, and they cannot be the same type. This are minor bonuses akin to Backgrounds in 5e.

6 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

But in short you get 3 Traits, and they cannot be the same type. This are minor bonuses akin to Backgrounds in 5e.

ok gotcha... are feats basically the same in PF as 5E? i dont see feets or ASI's listed on my oracles class page...

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

ok gotcha... are feats basically the same in PF as 5E? i dont see feets or ASI's listed on my oracles class page...

They are mostly the same except thee are a lot more feats.

Useful feats for an Oracle include: Improve Initiative, Dodge, Extra Revelation, Heavy Armor Proficiency.

Because of your high Dex you would be good with a bow you need a few feats to make Archery work, assuming that interests you.

You get a feat at every odd level including first level. For a total of four at seventh level.

37 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

They are mostly the same except thee are a lot more feats.

Useful feats for an Oracle include: Improve Initiative, Dodge, Extra Revelation, Heavy Armor Proficiency.

Because of your high Dex you would be good with a bow you need a few feats to make Archery work, assuming that interests you.

You get a feat at every odd level including first level. For a total of four at seventh level.

wait we get a total of 10 feats by 20? ok neat....

56 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

also when you said this, are the 4 subcategories of "basic" counting as the same type? or are they seperate? IE can i have both a faith and a social trait? or are we allowed 1 basic trait and the others need to be campaign, race, regional, or religion?

9 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

also when you said this, are the 4 subcategories of "basic" counting as the same type? or are they seperate? IE can i have both a faith and a social trait? or are we allowed 1 basic trait and the others need to be campaign, race, regional, or religion?

You can have one of every category so yes one Combat, one Social, etc but not two Combat ones.

Edited by MagnificentBastard
  • Love 1

Fate’s Favored (faith trait)
Agent of Chance (Religion Traits)
and maybe Supportive (Social Trait) but i need a ruling how that works with succor's "perfect Aid" (it specifies PA does not stack with feats or class features but says nothing about traits)

if supportive does not stack... Amiable Blunder (Social)?

14 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Fate’s Favored (faith trait)
Agent of Chance (Religion Traits)
and maybe Supportive (Social Trait) but i need a ruling how that works with succor's "perfect Aid" (it specifies PA does not stack with feats or class features but says nothing about traits)

if supportive does not stack... Amiable Blunder (Social)?

They stack because they do different things.

Aid allows you to give another a +2 on a roll like skill check or attack. Perfect Aid increases this bonus.

In order to Aid another person you have to pass a DC 10 check related to the roll. Supportive gives you +1 to this roll.

Here is an explanation as to how Aid Another works.

Also Fate's Favored is one of my favourite traits and one of the most powerful in the game.

Edited by MagnificentBastard

Also Fate's Favored is one of my favourite traits and one of the most powerful in the game.

oh! i was going a little bit for that luck flavoring so its good to know its good!

I see aid another requires an attack roll made in melee range... now... do i make that strictly with strength since its in melee range or can i use my dex for a range attack roll for aid another?