New and need help

Took a look at the profile.  Figured I would reply here, in case Nan-yo wanted to add anything too.  That character should work.  There are a lot of ways we could go with the story, but probably best to start simple.  A girl learning the ordinary daily life on the campus, not aware of a lot of the stuff going on behind the scenes, though we can maybe get into things like that after she has been around for a while, depending on how her story goes.

Probably best to stick her with a character who helps teach the way things are on campus.  Could be male or female.  There is a lot of flexibility in that area.

No you are doing it right.  It just isn't a very active club, unfortunately.  It's been very rare for anyone other than me or Nan-yo to write here, especially since moving the club here, after Yahoo Groups shut down.  Hopefully you can help change that a little (there is one other member too, who might start playing here later, after getting some time to review everything).

The one correction I do see to make to your intro is that it is not a girls school (the original version was, but that version has not existed in many years).  Like I said, the character helping introduce her to campus life could be either a boy or girl, whatever your preference is.  There are separate boys and girls dorms, but they are mostly together.  It is a big campus too, to the point there there is a campus train that is generally used to used to move between buildings.  Personally I don't write first person either, but there isn't a rule about and you can write that way, if you want. 

Normally a character like the social worker would not kept around long term, at best someone to drop her off and handle the process of making her a student.  Though if you want to keep her around, we can probably find a way.  I can get a reply at some point, finally giving the headmistress some play.  After that I would have to think about what characters might be involved with her.  They might be new ones.

• 7 months later...

The RPs on this club are all under the "topics" tab.  That said, while we welcome new members, this club is a more developed setting than most.  Not one to just immediately start a roleplay without doing any reading or setup.  Worth reading all the stuff in the "Background Setting Information" tab first, and creating a character.  Even if you make an ordinary student who avoids all the stuff going on behind the scenes, there are things worth reading about the setting first.  Me and @Nan-Yocan make sure sure your character/ideas fit the setting, then see where it goes from there.

That and the group also have certain restrictions. Among these are:

01. Characters have to be approved before they can be played in the rp.

02. No starting your own threads (unless given permission) any new threads where new characters etc start out, will be created by either me or Satai.

03. This is because of the complexity and time line issue. Because some threads move faster than other ones etc, they are sometimes placed at different times.

04. No sudden "crashing" other threads and suddenly just being there.

05. No pure OOC posts in the threads. If you want to know something write me or Satai.

06. No controlling other people's characters.

Edited by Nan-Yo