Forbidden Magic - Elven Witches: SataiRolePlayingGuyxAirAllie14xWarning

Alenia would continue to hold onto Mao tightly, blinking a little as she would feel the catgirl hold her as well. It felt nice. She felt protected. She would close her eyes tightly, hoping and praying in her mind that she would not have to do what she was being made to it and it seemed like her prayers had been answered as the next time her eyes opened, she no longer found herself in the dark dungeon of sorts and instead was back in Pelintira’s office. She would then look up at Mao in shock. She had brought them back her. Why?

”Did you… do that for me…? T-thank-“ 

Before she could finish tanking Mao Pelintira would once again make her presence known to them. Alenia would let out a squeak of fear and hold onto Mao even tighter as the older witch approached and began to speak. As she did, Alenia would begin to feel a hint of disappointment in herself. “I…” she started up stopped. She knew she was young and inexperienced. What was she thinking trying to be like Pelintira? But could she really take someone else’s life? Had Pelintira taken a life before, how much lives had she possibly taken in order to benefit her magic? 

“You… have killed someone before…? How did you deal with it…? Did you do it for the same reason you want me to? How fid you do it? How did you deal with it after? How many lives have you taken? Does taking a life not… bother you anymore…? I may be young… I may be inexperienced… but… I still want to be like you… I just… don’t know if it is the right thing anymore…”

• Love 2

Mao held Alenia for as long as it was required, despite not being used to that kind of contact. When Alenia seemed to be surprised about it, her eyes shifted to observe her to make sure she was alright, nodding when she was asked if she was the one who did that for her. Pelintira's expected interruption then kept the catgirl quiet from saying anything as the witch addressed the student. The tighter grasp onto herself from the girl could reveal how scared she seemed to be yet Mao didn't try to push her away or anything. As soon as the girl started with her barrage of questions, the catgirl's eyes shifted toward the other witch. It was an odd moment for her, serving as the plushie of comfort for the younger elf but it wasn't something she could not deal with, at least.

"Maybe you should take a rest...", Mao suggested without meaning to interrupt between her questions and Pelintira. She thought perhaps the girl would need a moment to rest her head but at the same time, she probably required to hear what the witch had to say before she did. Still, there was lot of other magic spells that she could learn that did not require sacrificing someone and her humanity for it but Mao had no real say into it. It was something that Alenia would have to find on her own, in due time. The short neko still felt like she did well to protect her for now.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

“I am old.  I remember the old ways.  I was once the emperor’s mage.”  Pelintira repeated things she already said.  They were an answer on their own, but she elaborated.  “The first invasion.  The war with Vanorians.  It was brutal.  Everyone who lived through those days probably killed at some point.  We won.  The first and still only ones to do so.  But it was not easy.”  It was a  brutal war for both sides, neither wanting to give up.  But a stalemate was reached, which was a victory in a sense for the elves.  They remained unconquered.

That was how it started.  Unrelated, but it made what came after easy.  “How many have died at my hands…?”  She was not bothered by the question.  But between the war and her later work, and after living so long, it was not easy to answer.  “Many.  But never for fun or no reason.  There is always a purpose.  You need to harden yourself and gain power to follow my path.  Such beings can not be controlled, but they will treat someone like me with a degree of respect, they would not show others.  The gods and higher beings, anyway.  Demons can be temporarily bound and controlled when you are strong enough, and know the right spells.  To put it simply though, I got here between thousands of years of study and refusing to accept any taboo over my studies.  To explore any magic I could find, no matter how dark, or the cost.  I was strong enough at that point to do so.”  Strictly speaking death was not required for what she had planned on teaching Alenia, but it was the best way to teach that spell and test her readiness.

“But Mao is probably right.  You could use a little rest.  To think about your future.”  Alenia would have another chance.  But after her reaction, it was best to wait a little.  Let her think about everything she had learned, what she really wanted.  Was she willing to cross the line?

• Love 2

Alenia listened to the older elf speak and nodded along. She knew she was old but didn’t know how much she had lived through. Fighting in a war would certainly harden someone to kill. Having never fought in any wars and having never been in real conflict before, Alenia had to reason to hurt or kill someone, would she really be able to kill an innocent life for the promise of magic?

With a small nod, she would stand up and said, “yes… I think so too… I will be back, after I have thought everything over and believe myself to be ready.” 

Alenia wasn’t sure how long it would take her, a few hours? A day? A week? A month? She didn’t care. She had to think and she knew that Pelintira would be waiting whenever she was ready. With that, she would leave the study room of the older witch and headed back to her own room. She needed time to think. She could meditate, nap, even learn some new spells to take her mind off of things. She would be back sooner or later.

• Love 2

Soon letting go of Alenia, Mao still remained close for the moment. Once she was ready and stood up, the catgirl finally floated away. The explanations of Pelintira regarding her own experience had much to think about, hopefully it would allow the young witch to take what she was told in perspective for what to do next. The day, as short as it had been for her, clearly had exhausted her. Watching her leave after a moment, Mao remained floating above the floor as she did not really have anything else to do regarding the girl. leaving her alone was for the best. Her eyes shifted to the older witch, wondering what would be to happen now that they were back to being two alone again. She had went to look for a sacrifice willingly while she had no idea how badly it would impact Alenia in the process. Now that it was over and the girl finally went to rest, Mao was out of tasks to accomplish for the day and she had no real plans otherwise. Therefore, she waited in case there was anything.

• Love 2

Pelintira and Mao of course were not completely alone.  Throughout the grounds of the fortress there were other apprentices, and several present to support both herself and the apprentices.  Though the other apprentices were unlikely to follow this path, more interested in safer magic.  She had been doing this for a long time.  Alenia was the first with the potential to learn that side of her magic.

”You can try to spend time with her, if you wish.”  She told Mao.  There was no harm with Alenia and Mao talking, if they wished.  The important thing was Alenia had time to think on her own, separate from her.  An independent study of herself.  How badly did she want to follow the footsteps of her ancient teacher?  Did such magic tempt her?  She was sure Alenia would eventually return, the only question how far she would be willing to go.  “Do not feel bad or blame yourself for what happened.  She is a strong girl.  Once the shock fades, she will understand.  Though we will see if she is still willing to learn such magic.”

• Love 2

After that day, several days had passed. Alenia kept to herself most of that time and was locked up in her room for most of it. She would think, meditate, study other magic’s and some history. She needed to think a lot. What she was going to do, there would be no going back from it. She would take the life of another. She would live with that forever. Maybe Pelintira was right. She had to harden her heart to it.

Around a month had passed and finally one day, the door to Pelintira’s study was opened after a knock was heard and Alenia stood there saying, “I am ready mistress. I am willing to learn whatever you wish to teach me, I am willing to walk down the same path as you. I will kiss the virgin sacrifice.” She told her, speaking the words without hesitation.

• Love 2

Mao was considering what she was told but she did not exactly have a personal attachment to Alenia even though she did not dislike the hug she was given. Perhaps she could at the very least check on her from times to times until she would be ready to come back. Pelintira was right, she did not have to feel bad or anything. She had protected that girl from herself this one time but it would be the girl's choice from there to come back ready, whenever she would be. "Very well, mistress. I'll be going... If you need me, please summon me anytime.", Mao said before she snapped herself away, disappearing with magic. The catgirl would not be going very far, staying within the walls of the fortress to do what she usually did daily. Checking on students and Alenia from times to times, she let the time pass, never moving too close unless she was allowed to. Her curiosity was mostly for finding out how the girl would evolve from her first experience with Pelintira.

When the young witch would come back, Mao would already be in the study as usual, floating and relaxing while she had no current task at hand at the moment. Alenia seemed to be a little more confident already, perhaps ready this time to face the horrors of the dark ways. Even Mao herself was not very participating into these rituals as she had her own magic style but it didn't stop her from assisting Pelintira at times. As Mao saw the young one in the study, she would mover closer to her but like in the past, she did not interfere between her and the older witch's communication. To come back a second time, Alenia must have really wanted it, especially as she was being less hesitant about it. The catgirl's eyes shifted toward the mistress, watching for now.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

A month of course was nothing to an elf.  Pelintira barely paid attention to the time as it past, focused on her own studies, gradual practice in everything.  Constantly learning, getting stronger, even if only in subtle ways.  She was pleased to the apprentice return.  She appeared to be ready.  But they would see.  She stood up, with a nod, stepped over to Alenia.  The circle took them back to the room.

”I put the girl into a sleep after the two of you left.  Time to wake her up.”  She put her finger on the forehead again, breaking the spell, waking the girl.  She was still a little out of it, not quite aware of where she still was.  Pelintira grabbed the knife again, and the mysterious cloth covered object.  She handed Alenia the knife.  Placed her hand on the apprentice’s shoulder.  “Take your time to prepare yourself.  But like I said, just plunge the knife into her chest.  It will be over for her quick, she will not suffer.”  She was not beyond using pain to punish or teach, but there was a time and place for it, the girl on the alter did not need to suffer.

• Love 2

Alenia watched as the magical circle appeared once more and just like that she was back in the mysterious place she had her break down in. She watched as Pelintira would wake the girl on the alter and soon enough she found herself with the knife in her hands. 

Alenia would look down at the knife all while listening to Pelintira’s words. She would process the situation and prepare herself. It made her feel a little happy that the girl would not suffer but still. It did not take long for her to prepare herself as she had been doing so for the month she was away.

Alenia would approached the girl on the utter, looking at her face, into her eyes. She wanted to face her, not looking away. She also wanted her to see the one who took her life. She would lift the knife high into the air with both hands before bring it down with a scream and plunged it deep into the girl’s heart.

• Love 2

As Mao watched the conversation between the two, she saw that the time Alenia had taken did well to prepare her, somewhat. As they moved to the altar room, she was taken along to where they were and the catgirl remained silent for the time being. The big moment was happening again yet this time was with a less panicked Alenia. That was it. Despite Pelintira's explanation and time allowed to the young witch, she had looked like she had prepared for this. Mao herself was only there to see how well the ritual would go. She was not going to interfere in any ways, this time. It did not seem like that was required, anyhow. As she had guessed, Alenia was actually able to pull it off and without much hesitation either. Mao still wondered if the girl was completely fine with it.

Floating there as she watched the scene unfold, the deed was soon done. Her golden eyes shifted from one witch to another before she floated closer but still remained at a distance. Mao wanted to see how well Alenia would react after what she had just done. And yet, the end was just the same for the sacrifice, a soul had now lost its life at the hand of a witch. Forming her scythe, Mao floated around them to behind the altar but did nothing yet, watching for now how this would end and what they both planned to do after the young one finally accomplished the one task.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

The girl watched with fear, becoming more aware of her surroundings, what was about to happen.  She was unable to say anything though, simply watching until the knife plunged in, her body went limp.  With a gesture from Pelintira, the chains binding the body came undone.  She walked over to the body, pulled the cloth away, revealing a cup in her other hand.  She placed it against the body, let it fill with the stream of blood coming out of the body.  "...This part is completely optional..."  She casually observed as she waited until it was filled.  Once it was she lifted it and offered it to Alenia.  "The magic I intend to teach you now, will be easier if you drink the girl's blood.  Once you have more practice and skill, it will not be necessary.  For now though, I would recommend you drink it all.  But we can try without it, if that is still too much for you."  Alenia had not prepared herself or expected this.  Pelintira could see it go either way.

• Love 2

Alenia watched as the life drained from the girl‘S eyes and her body went limp. She frowned a little bit knew this had to be done. She would then watch as Pelintira would begin to fill the cup with the girl’s blood. Once it was filled and presented to her, Alenia would look down at the glass of red liquid. She did not have to drink it but it would make the process easier.

She thought for a moment before taking the cup into her hands. She would then raise it to her lips and began to drink. When she took her first sips, she would stop for a moment. The blood tasted so weird but she had to look past it. She would continue to drink down the blood, doing her best to ignore the taste and just swallow it down. She tasted the iron taste of it but still continue to drink.

Once finished, she set the cup down, empty. Her lips were red with the blood and a bit had leaked out the side of her mouth. She panted a little and uttered, “d-done… mistress….”

• Love 2

Mao watched them both and couldn't help frowning a little at the sight of blood drinking but said nothing of it. The young witch was trying to be strong and it showed but obviously, it wasn't something so very easy on her. She had gone too far to step back now. Alenia had changed since last time, growing more tough to deal with this. Meanwhile, Mao had something to do with this one as her soul had freshly left her body for the sake of sacrifice, which meant that it was the perfect moment for her to collect it. Summoning it from the body would cause a spiritual light to float above the altar, right in front of Mao who would use her scythe thereafter to reap it, magically sealing and collecting it for herself. Once the process was done, her scythe would vanish.

The cat familiar then floated around them again and landed on her paws behind them to rest, watching as she knew the two's experience was not over yet. Alenia still had to prove thta she could commit to learn the magic taught by Pelintira as a result of this sacrifice. She couldn't help but feel a little curious about what the older witch was going to teach the apprentice, too.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Pelintira let Mao do her thing with the soul, though what was coming up had a chance of complicating that.  Would it remain completely hers?  It was time for the lesson now though.  "The blood did not give you any particular power, just makes this exact spell easier.  What it gave you is a connection to the body.  Feel it in you.  She has become one with you in a sense.  Necromancy is what you learn today.  Feel your new connection to the body.  Use it to make the body your puppet.  Start simple.  Form the link between you and the body, cause it to stand up.  Walk around.  It will be clumsy at first.  The blood will increase your control over it, but it will still take practice.  Eventually you will be strong enough to do it easily enough, without the help...though there is no harm if you develop a taste for blood."  Alenia would make the body her tool, weapon, whatever she wished.  They could have used someone already dead, but a fresh body was better.  Had the blood to make it easier, and would be stronger and useful than an already dead body or skeleton.  This was Alenia's first step though, a safer and simple introduction to dark magic.

• Love 2

Alenia would watch as Mao reaped the soul from the girl as well and then turned her attention to Pelintira as she explained to her what she would be doing now. She had never done anything like this, never had thought of doing anything like this. To her old self, this would have sounded extremely immoral but to her now, she was willing to do anything.

Alenia would nod and would look forward at the collapsed down. She would extend her hands and looked at the body, trying to concentrate hard. She felt the blood inside of her, felt the connection to the body. The more she concentrated, a green light would begin to form around her hands and the body until finally, the body would begin to rise and walk. It was just as Pelintira sad, it was very awkward and clumsy but she was confident she would improve.

• Love 2

Mao's eyes widened at the sight of what was happening. While she was not unused to see necromancy in action, it was still impressive to see what Alenia was managing to do. The explanations of Pelintira seemed to have done well for the young student to apply the magic correctly. A part of the catgirl still felt strange about what Alenia had become but such was the way of learning from the mistress... In one way, she saw reaping and collecting souls as something less... nasty, so to speak. The realm of spirits was clean and without flesh. If not her own in the equation, at least. Being a magical creature did not change the fact that she was still very real in this universe. She also was capable of feeling just like any other alive beings. This soulless corpse however had lost that.

Despite the fact that Mao felt slightly different about the girl that she had once hugged before, she now hoped that Alenia was capable to keep control of this undead. While it was reanimation, she did not know for sure what could happen but of course there was nothing to worry about with Pelintira there with them. Or herself, if things became awry. And so for now, she watched but still remained ready to act if something wrong happened. For the sake of not wanting to distract her, Mao also remained quiet for the time being but kept her attention on Alenia and the dead.

• Love 2

There were more options they could use this body for eventually, but one thing at a time.  For now there was no danger, it was just a puppet, only capable of moving the ways Alenia wished.  “The spell will not fade on its own.  The body is yours to do what you wish with it.  Unless you choose to break the spell, or another mage does.  The body will not decay, as long as the spell remains in effect.  You are free to do with it, whatever you wish.  Though keep the spell in place, eventually we will use it for other lessons.  For now, work some more on controlling it.  In time you will be able to move it naturally, as it was part of your own body.  That will take some time though.  Take your time.  Basic movements at first, then more complicated ones.”  This was not going to be a one day process, though she was pleased with the progress made so far.  Further process would be  slow, a day by day process.

• Love 2

Alenia nodded at Pelintira’s words and instructions. It did feel a little weird to be able to control a dead body but without Pelintira, she would never have been able to use magic like this. She didn’t want to use the body for much, not knowing what she would use it for but she liked the idea of trying to preserve it, made her feel in some sense like the girl was still alive even though she knew she was gone. For now she listened to Pelintira and continued to try to get the movements of controlling the girl down. She moved her around, making her walk from place to place. The more she did it and concentrated, the more smoother the movements would become.

• Love 2

Mao watched the body mostly and pondered what use it could have but at least it looked harmless, Alenia even seemed to adapt slowly to control it. Soon elevating herself in the air again, she eyed the both of them. "If she will not decay, I believe she will still need, um... To be washed.", she stated, pointing with her small finger at the state of the body with the consequences of being stabbed and the blood that probably caused a mess on both herself and her clothes. "Also, what are we going to do with her while Alenia must sleep or have some time on her own?", she asked curiously. Mao knew how death worked but necromancy itself was not something she was really comfortable with, oddly. At least she did not have to witness it that often within the fortress.

At the same time, she still had the soul of the girl and strangely, it was not lost to the void or anything. Every souls that Mao collected were stored somewhere, in case it could be used later. But for now, Mao looked at the Altar as well, wondering if it required to be cleaned due to the sacrifice. It seemed like much needed to be done before the day ended. That is, if she was tasked to do anything. Looking at Pelintira, she proceed to ask. "Is there anything that you would like me to do, mistress...?", she simply queried. Question implied any task that she could do.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

"Yes it will need cleaning from time to time, the first being soon."  Pelintira observed, watching the body while considering the other questions.  "I would recommend Alenia taking it to her room, leaving it in a chair or such, while she sleeps.  Though that might take some getting used to."  That was her recommendation.  She was not going to force Alenia to do it though.  If she was uncomfortable with it, there were plenty of other isolated rooms, such as this, they could hide it in.  "Of course it is best to keep it out of sight of the other apprentices.  Just as Pelintira kept her knowledge of such magic secret from most, it was best for Alenia to do the same as well.  Most of the others should be kept unaware of it.

She could see Mao wanted to be useful.  Mao was free of course to wander off and do what she wished.  Her presence at the moment was welcome enough, but not required.  "You and Alenia can discuss the cleaning of the body.  When and who is involved.  If you wish, you can can clean the altar.  Should be faster if you do it now, before it dries too much."  It was a suggestion, not an order.  If Mao had a desire to helpful, have something to do, Pelintira would make some suggestions.

• Love 2

Alenia looked at the body as the two of them spoke. She probably would keep the body in her own room. Yes it would be weird and would take some getting used to, a dead body sitting there in her room, however for Alenia she saw this as a sort of atonement, getting to see the girl she killed everyday, washing her body would provide this as well.

”Yes mistress, I will keep her in my room.” She then looked over at Mao saying, “if you wish to help me clean her you are welcomed to. I will clean her body, you are welcomed to clean and repair her clothing or get her new ones if you want.”

• Love 2

Mao considered the responses given to her and she nodded, first to Pelintira. She did not have to dirt her hands so much if she proceeded to clean the room with magic. It had to be done anyway and she did not want to leave it to the old witch to do so in her place. Personally, she was not too certain about being the one to wash a dead woman. Even she had a certain limit with how far she could play with a corpse. Mostly a puppet but in necromancer term, she was still made of flesh and bones. Mao had a preference for touching actually alive beings rather than dead ones. She did want to help Alenia but it was going a little beyond her usual scope of things to do. Still, she would be capable to find replacements for clothes easily, at least. This was the least she could do.

"I will take care of this room, first...", Mao said, implying that she would clean it. All she needed to begin the magic was still some water, soap and a sponge or brush to use in magic to start cleaning the place. Her eyes shifted to Alenia next. "I will find new clothes for her but... maybe we should find a way to heal her wound as well.", eyeing the stab wound on the girl's body. The catgirl was trying to think of ways to at least give her some humanity despite being dead. A murdered victim look would not exactly be pleasant for anyone to see if she was spotted by anyone. It did not make her comfortable and something about her own body bothered her as well, with this sight. Her hand moving to touch her chest hidden by her robes. She shook her head and teleported.

Mao left to get a bucket, some water and a brush to start her task. After that, all she would need to do was clean the altar room a little to ready it properly for when it was needed.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

The wound was simple enough to deal with.  But, getting a sense of what Alenia was thinking Pelintira left it up to her.  “Living or not, healing magic would seal the wound.  If you wish to do so, it is something else you can practice on the body.”  It was an option, but if Alenia wished to leave it there, a reminder of what she did, that was another option.  It would be something that would have to be cleaned more often, but it was up to her apprentice.  The girl’s body belonged to her now.  For the most part, it was up to her how to treat it.  There was the unspoken point she made.  The body could be used as a safe dummy to practice healing magic.  Hurt it, then heal it.  But again, it was up to Alenia if she chose to do that or not.

• Love 2

Alenia nodded along with Mao’s words and soon watched as she vanished. She she returned, Alia would begin to wash the girl’s body. She would then listened to Pelintira’s words and opened the girl’s robes to reveal the knife wound on her chest. Alenia wanted to leave it there, to remind her of what she had done but maybe it would be best to close it. She would imagine how difficult and often she would have to clean it. Was there a way to seal it but also leave a reminder?

Alenia pondered on this question but would soon get an idea. She had studied healing magic before though had never had a need to use it before. She would extend her hands over the girl’s chest and would begin to concentrate on healing her. Her hands would glow green along with the wound and soon the skin would begin to seal and repair in self along with her insides that had been affected however, the skin did not heal completely as Alenia had used the healing spell in a way which would leave a scar on the girl’s chest, it would help her remember.

Once the healing was down, Alenia wound begin to undress the girl and awaited Mao’s return. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful. The old her would have broken down at this sight but this version of herself had listened to Pelintira’s words. She had hardened her heart to this.

• Love 2