Forbidden Magic - Elven Witches: SataiRolePlayingGuyxAirAllie14xWarning

Alenia looked at Prlintira as she began to lecture her. She nodded along and understood the dangers of a potion like this. If they wanted to, someone could definitely trick her and make her drink it by mistake. She would then say, “yes, I understand Mistress Pelintira…. I will try to be more careful and cautious around the compound.”

• Love 2

Blacky smirked afterwards, having listened to the lecture and the young elf speaking, she looked at both. "Potions do not come without risks, unless you know what you're getting into. I am not entirely careless about who I sell my potions to, however. I mentioned having poisons but they are rarely sold to anyone. I would not want a murder to take place in your home. Let's just say that I keep them around for educative purposes.", she explained, not without some amusement. The majority of her potions were harmless. Other ones had very special effects.

Mao looked at everyone, having been quiet. She still looked somewhat intimidated by the imposing anthro even if she was not bigger than Pelintira, minus tail and ears. Or perhaps there was something about her that allured her. She looked at Alenia, feeling like there was something more important and at least it worked well to distract herself. "Where is she?", Mao asked, referring to the girl she took the spirit from. She wondered if the body didn't have to be with Alenia at all times. "She?", Blacky followed to inquire, curious about who she was.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Pelintira considered it for the better Alenia did not bring that girl everywhere.  That sort of magic and her connection to it was best kept secret.  Though she supposed there was no harm in one more person being aware of it.  Blacky could probably be trusted not to gossip about it.  But she did not spell it out immediately.  “Still in Alenia’s room, I presume.  Probably the best thing to do when Alenia is not practicing her magic.”

• Love 2

Alenia would blush at Mao’s mention of the girl. She was only getting breakfast so she had left her in her room and wasn’t originally planning to come to her mistress’ study. She also didn’t think it was a good idea to tell Blacky who was a stranger and didn’t know but decided to spill the beans now. “Yes, she is still in my room mistress… I had not planned on visiting you yet though I would have used a teleport spell to visit you with the girl in tow.” She then opened up a portal to her room and pulled the girl through for everyone to see.

• Love 2

Mao nodded to Pelintira, keeping quiet mostly because Blacky was with them. The furred witch thought nothing of it as it sounded like the she in question was possibly a doll, which was a reasonable assumptions considering that magic could be performed using many kinds of objects including even dolls and plushes. For Blacky, it also was a bold assumption based on what kind of person Alenia looked to be and for her, there would be no surprises at all if she was the type to play or practice magic with a doll. Mao however simply preferred to know where she was.

The catgirl would get her fill of surprise when Alenia responded and even brought the girl through a portal. This alone would keep her quiet but Blacky instead stared for a moment before her gaze shifted between the ones present. "Well... This is not a doll, after all.", she said, making her assumption clear for all to hear. She still had questions. "She is not one of your students, is she?", she asked, curious about how such a body, clearly being a real one or so she assumed, found herself controlled by who she thought was innocent. "And she is not very alive...", she remarked.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

"There are few rules here, but I would not let this happen to one of my students...unless they volunteered."  Pelintira could not rule out that would happen at some point.  Someone curious enough about death might actually genuinely volunteer for that sort of thing, though none had done so yet in all the years she had been here.  She would not say too much about the details, let Blacky figure them out, she seemed to be getting a sense already.  "Certain...more discrete magic does get studied here from time to time."  Alenia might have been a surprise, but she would not be surprised if Blacky already guessed she studied such things.

• Love 2

Alenia would nod along as Pelintira spoke to Blacky and told her how this place studied more than just traditional magic. She would chime in as well saying, “yes, miss Blacky, remember when I told you that I was studying under Mistress Pelintira in order to get stronger…? This is the first spell I have learned directly from her…” she explained and began to control the girl and made her walk a little bit to demonstrate.

• Love 2

Blacky observed the situation but showed no signs of concerns from what she heard that was explained to her. Dark magic was more or less her business so she was not one to judge others for it. The black furred witch found amusing that Pelintira put it as certain discreet magic but it was not wrong to see it that way. Something like this was not an usual kind of practiced magic by most common witches. Or at least it is what it seemed like. Blacky could not imagine anyone or many choosing to volunteer and die for the sake of being transformed into a puppet.

While Mao remained quiet on her side, having no real opinions on the matter, Blacky turned to Alenia when the girl mentioned that it was the first spell that she had learned from her mentor. "Impressive... I did not think that you had this in you. Your innocent look may fool many but this body that you control may fight for you one day.", she commented, not even asking how they both happened to find a body for her to control. The process was not really her business. What was done was done. "Just remember, if you need any potions, you know where to find me."

Looking back to Pelintira, only eyeing Mao slightly, Blacky smiled softly. "Well, I believe that I should leave you be. Surely you have better things to do and I have potions and a shop to attend to. Perhaps even a bath for myself later... Hmm...", she said, thinking loud to herself with a smirk but soon cleared her voice, looking embarrassed for a bit, as she eyed away. "Very well! I think it's time. Thank you for this little time together. I will keep this meeting and what I've seen here between us.", she assured them but waited a moment, making sure there was nothing else.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Was that an invitation to one or more of them, the mention of the baths?  Pelintira did not make any reply to that.  Things seemed to be resolved.  “Unless, Alenia has some new interest in potions, I do believe that is enough at the moment.  I of course will visit you personally, if I need anything later.”  She did occasionally make use of potions, but did not need any at the moment.  She trusted Blacky not to gossip about Alenia’s new path or potential.  Even after she was gone, she only expected to take small steps for now.  With Alenia the priority was to continue practicing what she already had.  Not to learn any more new spells yet.

• Love 2

Alenia would blush a little at Blacky’s comments about her seeming innocent. She had always been innocent but after what she had done yesterday, she knew that innocence had faded though, she would continue to try to be so, even if she was no longer. 

The young elf would also blink at Blacky’s invitation. Did she really mean for any of them to join her? Alenia would take a bath later though maybe Blacky would be there or she wouldn’t, Alenia did not have her hopes up, it didn’t matter to her either way. She would give a small nod to Blacky as she left and then turned to Pelintira.

”Misstress, I feel that I have mastered the walking to a degree. I will begin working on more complex part of moving the body….”

• Love 2

Blacky looked at them both, wondering if her bath comment did not set an awkward vibe even though she only meant it for herself, albeit louder than she should have expressed it. Anyhow, she had taken the comment of Pelintira with a nod and finally bid them farewell for the moment. As she had said before, she would not tell anyone what she had seen. Magic and its secrets were not always for others to know about and it was clear that this secret was one that was reserved for the witch and her student. But for now, she had left back to her workshop for business.

Mao, for herself, watched Blacky leave then finally shifted her attention to the other ones in the room. The way Alenia made the body walk, controlling her in a way that made her appear less "dead" yet still very dead made the catgirl feel uncomfortable about it. A puppet was a plaything alright but this one was a former living human. The fact she was no longer alive was not the part that disturbed her exactly. After all, she was capable to collect souls. But the way that this body was used was slightly unsettling. Mao tried her best however not to show it to them.

The small cargirl looked mainly at Pelintira now that they were alone anyway. "Do you wish anything of me, mistress?", she asked.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Pelintira watched Alenia work with the body.  She was making reasonable progress.  There was plenty of potential here.  More than just a puppet.  “You are free stay or leave, whichever you prefer.  I will be keeping an eye on progress here.  The girl’s soul remaining near the body or not probably won’t have an impact.”  Could the soul see this?  Was it watching?  Those were just mild curiosities, whatever the answer was was not especially important.  Interesting thing might happen between Alenia and the body, but the soul’s presence was not really a factor there.

• Love 2

Alenia nodded along with Pelintira’s words and said, “I’ll probably stay here a little longer. I like coming her, it’s nice and peaceful here, my room is the same but I’m… it’s nice being around others too..” she told the head witch and the familiar and soon she would begin practicing again.

• Love 2

Mao decided to stay, not wanting to leave so soon despite her opinions about Alenia's newfound powers. A question was also raised about the spirit of the girl but as the catgirl kept it hidden, chances are that it would not do anything unless Mao summoned it again, this close to the body that owned it only a little while ago. Her yellow eyes looked first at Pelintira, thinking about what was being said. "It will be alright, Mistress. I keep the soul safely... Where it is now, it cannot do anything. Should we need it soon...?", she asked curiously, wondering if something was to be done about that soon or later. If the girl somehow reconnected with the soul, there was also a chance to, in a way, bring her back alive.

Looking at Alenia next, Mao looked surprised to hear what the younger elf had to say. Like if her own room bothered her. Like if she felt lonely, if the catgirl had to guess what she was going to say before she changed her sentence. To her, it meant that there was still some humanity in her mind and that perhaps after all, she was still needed to watch over her like she did before. Overcoming her own thoughts, Mao flew closer to the girl and simply hugged her quietly, ignoring the body for the moment. The actually alive one required her attention or so she believed. Besides, whether she admitted to it or not, she kinda enjoyed the warmth. In one way, Mao also hoped that it would help the girl feel better.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

"Strictly speaking, we don't need the soul.  But there could be some value in keeping it around, just in case."  Pelintira did not have any specific plans for the soul at this time, but maybe there would be an unplanned interesting opportunity for it later.  With such magic, there was always potential for future experimentation in new areas.  But it being nearby might have small influences, influence the connection between the body and Alenia.

She was not bothered by Mao's attempt to comfort the girl.  Alenia might have to make other drastic steps later, as she dug into this magic, but it was not like she had to become a complete monster.  The important thing was a sort of ruthlessness in her studies, the results of her spells.  But there was no harm having a sort of softness with allies and partners. Alenia, and Mao as a witness, would learn more about that as Alenia continued to learn.  The ways she would change, and ways she would remain the same.

• Love 2

Alenia would blinked as she suddenly felt Mao’s arms wrap around her and hold her tightly. It was so sudden, she didn’t know how to react. Mao’s body felt so warm against her own and it made her heart and body begin to warm as well. After what she had done yesterday and all the soul searching she had done the days before, she felt like she needed this. Her arms would soon rise and wrap tightly around Mao as well, hugging her back tightly as well, part of her not wanting to let go of her. “Thank you….” She whispered in her ear.

• Love 2

Mao would take into account what Pelintira said, being the keeper of souls of sorts. She had no troubles with keeping the soul of the girl for now or for as long as required. If it was ever required, she could come to them at any times to offer it to them. Mao didn't need it for herself, at least. There were many secrets behind collecting souls and what kind of power they could provide but the catgirl was not the kind to abuse of that power for herself. This said, Mao would be waiting for the moment that she would be needed, for any tasks or requests whatsoever.

For the time being however, the purple familiar found herself enjoying the moment but most importantly, feeling like she was helping somehow. Even if she claimed to dislike hugs and being touched, at least by random students, she felt comfortable with Alenia. Soon feeling hugged tightly, Mao's eyes widened in surprise for a few seconds but simply accepted it and leaned against the girl, holding her for a moment still. Being thanked for it even made her blush a little but she responded with a nod. Mao would stay like this for as long as Alenia would need it.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Pelintira quietly let them have their moment.  Watching the other body, studying it in various ways.  Perhaps tonight things would be different.  Alenia would 'bond' a little more with it in a sense.  Not necessarily a bad way, but a surprising way.  One that was better to be a surprise.  To prepare Alenia a little more for what was coming, make her a little stronger.  More mastery over the body.  Yes, while the soul was separated, the mind was not as dead as it appeared.  Sooner or later the girl's mind and Alenia's would develop a connection of sorts.  Not truly merge, but Alenia would gradually learn a lot.

• Love 2

Mao would also move back when Alenia felt ready to do so, stepping back from her and giving a look away, trying not to show that she enjoyed the closeness or anything. She was not really the kind to be affectionate in normal circumstances, unless a situation demanded that she did an effort against her will. Admittedly, what had happened earlier was not exactly against her will. After all, she was the one to get into it, mostly for the girl's sake. Trying to hide her embarrassment, she elevated herself and moved back but stayed nearby.

For the time being, Mao would be watching over her but stayed on standby. Watching Alenia practice under the attentive eyes of Pelintira felt special, for the most part because of the body she used for practice. Seeing her in motion, only thanks to the young elf, still felt odd to her but such was the way of such dark magic. Odder even, it made Mao want to protect her somewhat. Of course she would not stop her from doing such magic or anything but she felt wanting to stay not far, as an attempt to preserve her humanity or sanity.

A part of Mao also wondered if this Blacky woman would not have a potion that could do exactly that for her, in case she herself would not be available when Alenia would need this closeness again. These thoughts made Mao look pensive on her side, floating quietly and only being half attentive to the girl's practicing. Even if such potion existed, the catgirl didn't really want to impose it on the student. For the time being, all she could do was wait and hope that it would not affect Alenia too badly in the end. For now, it was difficult to tell.

• Love 2

The girl needed a lot of practice, a lot more training. It was fairly impressive, the progress she was making though.  “Keep it up like that, it will gradually become more and more natural.  Feel more and more like it is part of your body.  That won’t happen today of course, nor for a while.  But that will be the eventual goal.  As simple movements become more natural, challenge yourself with more complex ones.  Learn to her body by reflex, as much as your own.”  That would be the goal for now, of course they would eventually explore other sorts of magic, probably while she was in the middle of this practice.  But they would wait a little.

• Love 2

Alenia nodded at Pelintira’s words. In time it sounded like the girl’s body would feel more like an extension of her own body. She made be able to control it easier than she was right now as well. “Y-yes Mistress Pelintira. I will continue to practice more and more everyday. I am starting to get the basic movements down and I will start working on more complex maneuvers soon enough….”

• Love 2

After a moment, Mao snapped out of her thoughts and observed the both of them but little could she do with them being so focused on their practice. Alenia definitely was on a path where she'd end being capable of mastering the control of a body. Not only that, she looked very determined to become better at it as well. Perhaps for the moment, it was best to leave the both of them be. It's not like the mistress seemed to have any request for her anyway and if she did, it would be easy to let her know through magic.

For the time being, there was nothing much that she could do and even Blacky probably was busy at this moment. Not like Mao needed anything out of her, anyway. The catgirl didn't want to interfere with the practice or disturb them so she would simply teleport away for now. Her magic would snap in place inside the library where her body would appear, always in a spot where no student could possibly be. As Mao could fly anyway, simply appearing in the air was a fair way to not create any unwanted accident, naturally.

Thinking that she could come back to Pelintira or Alenia later, Mao went to dig into books. Those used to her were still surprised by the way she made her appearance into other places but it was subtle enough that the attention she got from her teleportation never lasted very long. The most curious ones would usually leave her alone even though she made for a nice distraction in time of heavy study. In Mao's case, she usually avoided areas where students were, preferring to be alone. Therefore, she sat alone to read.

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pelintira mixed her own studies in as Alenia did her own practice.  She would watch the girl, help encourage her in that way.  But there was little advice to give in the moment.  At the moment it was up to Alenia to mostly teach herself.  More lessons would come at a later time.  She might answer questions, depending on what they were, or give an occasional piece of advice.  But for now, she mixed quietly reading one of her books, with some occasional watching.  "The connection to her body is still being established.  Eventually it will be near unbreakable.  But if you feel the connection weakening in these early days, you can make it stronger.  Repeating what you did to make the connection."  It wasa casual observation, a piece of offhanded advice she gave while reading, just in case.

• Love 2

Alenia looked over at Pelintira as she spoke to her and rose a curious eyebrow at her words. She felt it as well. She felt herself growing closer and closer to the body she was controlling but what did she say about the connection weakening?

”Y-you mean… if I feel the connection weakening, you’re telling me I will have to stab the girl again?” She asked. She had spent a long time building up the courage to do it once but, could she really do it another time as well?

• Love 2