Shinigami's Manor. (Shinigami's Entry)

At least Shinigami had not said or done anything yet.  Jumi was still not looking towards her though, was not sure if the creature saw or acknowledged her presence.  Her mood was at least a little better as long as that was the case.

She let Mitsuko approach.  Take as much food as she wanted, though she only softly grunted in uncertainty at the question.  It was a very difficult one to answer in the moment, though the fact she was up here at all partially answered the question, when she just wanted to eat and sleep the days away.

• Love 1

Mitsuko raised an eyebrow at the "response" she got, making her look at Nall who only did a kind of shrug. Slowly, she would take some of the food for herself and the fox. "Right, thank you... You don't look well, Jumi. Please go rest... I am taking care of her...", she said, eyeing back toward Shinigami who was barely conscious, now, making the valkyrie sigh. "...Just like it was first intended. I chose to go with her. I will make sure that our host is alright, even if I must spend days to make sure she does not do anything wrong...", she said to the two.

Her gaze turned to Nall again. "You stay with her... When this is over, we will head back home...", she told them, a bit of sadness in her voice. She still gave a warm smile to Jumi before she calmly returned to the bath and inside, kneeling near the fox and putting the food near herself in the now drained bath tub, picking one among them and tried to make Shinigami eat it. Nall couldn't help but wonder why the fox even looked so vulnerable but he obeyed and looked at Jumi, ready to go wherever she wanted, or do whatever she wanted to do.

• Love 1

Jumi hesitated.  In thought.  She appreciated Mitsuko’s concern.  But talk about the original plan.  The whole reason all this started in the first place.  While Jumi no longer had a concern about Shinigami stealing her, or Mitsuko spending some time with her, Mitsuko spending the whole time with her did not feel right.  Sleeping and eating the days away was very tempting, but…

“No.  I’m staying with you.”  She said softly.  Trauma of the event, combined with her past, still weighed on Jumi, she could not just shake it off so easily.  But, Mitsuko was her girlfriend now, and she had chosen this path for a reason.  She had not forgiven what Shinigami said, did not know what to expect from her.  But she was not leaving Mitsuko alone with her for days.

• Love 1

Mitsuko looked back toward Jumi when she heard her, looking surprised at first. "Are you sure...?", she asked as softly, wondering if Jumi was up to it. "You don't have to... But if you're sure, thank you.", she said with a smile then made sure Shinigami actually ate at least one fruit before she would sigh and lean against her, picking a fruit for herself next then started to eat as well. As they stayed there, Nall went and landed on a shelf to relax and observe them, keeping his eyes on the three of them, all at once and at the same time.

Shinigami was not dead nor unconscious but she relaxed, her body having some makeshift bandages of sorts with bed sheets. As it seems, she resolved herself to let Mitsuko do whatever she wanted, not being in a state to argue anyway. The girl being against her now almost felt like a welcome warmth after what had happened so far. The fox was not the kind to lament her condition, not after she was the one seeking for troubles with the goddess anyway. Her weak state prevented her from being her usual self but otherwise.

• Love 1

For now, Jumi just watched,  She had made the decision to stay.  But she did not approach Shinigami.  Happy she was too weak to do anything.  Would Mitsuko’s treatment help in any way?  She was skeptical, but just maybe this would be the one thing that might knock some sense into the demon.  Just maybe she could be grateful about something.  She stepped back, leaned against the wall, quietly watched and listened for now.  Willing at least at least in the moment to see what would happen.

• Love 1

Once she finally ate, Mitsuko felt a little better to function. She was thankful to Jumi for the food and to be there, even though she was distant. There was only one reason that she was, as well. The fox girl with her, which she leaned against, could only be the reason. Nall himself just seemed to have chosen a shelf, both to relax and be out of their way. Shinigami herself noticed them both but Mitsuko keeping her busy was enough for her. The girl who tried to show her how to treat anyone could stay away, for all she cared.

Sure, Mitsuko had a part into what played out in the hallway, her slap still fresh in her memory, but at least she had returned. The only reason Shinigami was in this bath at all, was thanks to this girl but not without some yelling at her for resisting a human's help. The fox's confused feelings about Mitsuko were not helped by the girl staying so close to her, cleaning her and even feeding her. She could have done all of that on her own, in given time. Her method however may have left her bathing in a bath of her own blood.

It was unsure if Mitsuko was still upset at the fox. She looked exhausted herself, despite having slept with Jumi before. Lot of emotions occurred between then and now. At that moment, she was just sitting a bit sideways to the fox's side, her own legs over hers, while she leaned against her. The remaining food that was not eat yet leaned against them in the tub. If her eyes looked toward Jumi, she would only offer a friendly smile, wanting to tell that she was alright. Nall, however, felt the awkward silence with concerns...

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Shinigami could just care about Mitsuko, as far as Jumi was concerned.  As long as the creature did not try to steal her.  Jumi would have other partners, she would feel jealous if Mitsuko did.  Even if it was one who had hurt her.  Whatever Shinigami felt about what Jumi did, she knew Jumi’s history, must have understood it would hurt, though maybe she could not be blamed for not knowing just how much it would hurt.

She had no words for Shinigami.  Though she kind of wanted to slap, like Mitsuko had.  But it would probably go worse for her.  There was still an uncertainty between Mitsuko and Shinigami, while Jumi and Shinigami both had bitterness towards each other, at least for now.  Would that be fixed?  No one could probably say with certainty right now.  She was also not likely to be the one to speak first with Mitsuko, but most likely would reply to anything she said.

• Love 1

Even Mitsuko felt the awkward silence but nothing but waiting really remained for Shinigami's recovery. Her wounds had been cleaned and bandaged and she was fed. She seemed to breathe just fine and her eyes were also open but so far, she had said nothing. Still, her eyes would look toward Jumi at one point, looking a bit annoyed. "...How long are you going to stay standing there...?", she said in her weak voice, the question clearly directed at the fairy. She did not have the energy to sound hostile in any ways.

Nall would shift his attention between Shinigami and Jumi, unsure if he should get between them but at the same time, the fox was not in a fighting state and the door was without obstacles for Jumi to go if she wanted to leave. Nall would have to be quick to follow her if she did, though. He felt like Mitsuko's order still applied even if they were all together there now. The girl would raise her eyes to look at Shinigami but the question didn't seem bad enough for her to interfere. Mitsuko was still worried for Jumi.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Jumi glanced up.  “I’m here to keep Mitsuko company.”  She said, flatly.  Any hostility hidden.  Yes, it was possibly better for everyone if she just left, even if she did not want to.  But it would not take much probably, to convince her to leave.  She was aware everything might just get worse, including her state of mind, if Shinigami got more energy.  But Jumi was going to mostly keep her thoughts and words to herself, was also not going to try to urge Mitsuko to do anything.  Let her decide how to react to what Shinigami did or would later do.

• Love 1

Shinigami still smiled a little as response before she'd talk again, "Are you...? From all the way over there...? And where were you earlier?", she asked, making obvious where she was going with this line of questions. Mitsuko squeezed her arm, making her look at the frowning girl trying to make her understand that she should not provoke Jumi. It wasn't because she knew or not what had happened between them but because Mitsuko really was worried about Jumi's unusual state, whatever was making her struggle right now.

Shinigami's eyes went back up to the fairy as she said some more, "...You're not even seeing her from where you are... But I get it... You want to protect her from this wounded fox. What a hero..." She smiled and she probably would cackle there if she had the energy. Mitsuko however, would pinch her hard regardless to stop her from making it worse, her expression being slightly more upset. Her eyes would turn to Jumi, "Please don't mind her, Jumi... I really appreciate you being here...", she said before she sighed at this situation.

• Love 1

Jumi had to bite her tongue.  There were plenty of things she could say, but would accomplish nothing, except provoke the creature further.  No she was not playing that game.  Would not let Shinigami provoke her, though she really wished it was not apparently her presence making Shinigami more alert.  “She appreciates it.  That is good enough.  Don’t ask questions you already know the answer to.”  Try to stay calm, don’t let the creature hurt or provoke her further.  It was clear she did not understand.  Probably did not want to.  That was the biggest lesson she learned.

• Love 1

That didn't seem to stop Shinigami from feeling amused from what answer she was getting, "...It is clear to me that you are forcing yourself. Do your worst... Or do you have a reason not to get rid of what stops you from being with her right now...?", she said with a small smirk, making Mitsuko feel like she was challenging Jumi. "...Both of you are being a handful, now. Are you going to fight like this for the remaining days we're together...?", she asked with annoyance in her voice before she started moving off the fox

Shinigami was stable for the moment, making Mitsuko a little less worried. After getting out of the bath, she would gaze at the fox. "No more touching...", she said a bit coldly but softly then looked at Jumi, "...for either of you. Not until you talked. But... I can't force either of you. I will not have a headache being between the two of you.", she told them both, a little painfully, before she would leave the room and closed the door behind herself. Nall simply blinked but felt like it was a good moment to just not say anything.

• Love 1

“Mostly that Mitsuko cares about you, and I care about her…but you don’t want to know about that.  They also have the idea we’ll be stuck here, if anything happens to you.”  Jumi was blunt about the most basic deep down reason why she did not.  She truly did not mind if Mitsuko loved Shinigami, would not hurt her by doing anything to the creature.  But Shinigami might not understand it.  “Does she even care though?”  Jumi asked Mitsuko, as she left, regarding the question of not being touched.  That was a much stronger threat to a girlfriend than whatever Shinigami was to Mitsuko.

• Love 1

Shinigami kept her eyes on Jumi while Mitsuko was soon gone after scolding her, scolding them both even. It was harsh... on all accounts. The fox just sighed before she responded, "...And so, you're only afraid of my death because it would seal your fates... There lies the reason you, or rather she, kept me alive...", Shinigami assumed, not knowing if that was correct or not. It made sense from their point of view, however. If no one was to open a portal for them back home then they would be stuck in this mysterious manor.

But another point that bothered the fox was the last thing Jumi had asked. "...Typical humans... But if you must really know, I do. Nobody ever touched me the way you both did...", she said while keeping her eyes on the fairy. "...A strange behavior from your friend but it left a good feeling nonetheless... Having you on top on me was not bad either, if only for that one short moment. Her washing me, twice, and you giving my tail some much needed attention. I will miss it...", she admitted to Jumi, trying to relax in her tub.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Jumi sighed.  Her confusion returning.  She asked something like that then react.  “Damn it.” She bitterly whispered.  “You don’t get it.  You don’t want to get it.  If I tried to explain you would just snap again, go crawl off, probably die this time.”  She was beyond frustrated here.  Mitsuko wanted them to talk, but how?  What was she supposed to say that wouldn’t piss off the creature?  Now she was trying to claim she enjoyed all that?  Clearly did not enjoy it enough to care about what she said earlier.

• Love 1

Shinigami couldn't help but smirk, as much about Jumi's reaction as some other thoughts in her mind. "...I already fought the cat once, I am not going to do it again, not yet. Besides... How do you expect me to go anywhere...?", she said as a joke, knowing that Jumi could, if she even had the courage, take care of her now. She didn't really care. "...It's lovely to see you be this angry at me after yesterday... I can take a hint... What I can't take is a human's impudence despite what generosity I've offered to them...", she told the fairy.

Shinigami may not have been in state to say much but she knew this was not going to end well, either way. Mitsuko had punished them both and she was not sure how well the girl was taking it yet. Despite the efforts required in her current state, The fox forced herself up and standing before she would leave her tub and walked to Jumi, barely holding herself standing. Her eyes stared down at her, "...You will have to make a decision... If you cannot accept what you see here before you, do what you must.", she simply said.

• Love 1

What was that?  Almost an apology, in a vague sense?  Maybe it wasn’t, but whether or not it was, Jumi understood it was probably the closest she was going to get.  “Impudence?  Did it occur to you, you might have overreacted?”  If Shinigami was so happy to see her angry, maybe she could safely speak her mind at least a little.  The way she understood it from the beginning.  She could accept Shinigami being angry at what she did.  That by itself did not bother her.  It was her reaction that cut so deeply into her.  That last decision Shinigami mentioned, it was not quite time to make it.  Though it had to be soon.

• Love 1

Shinigami leaned a little forward again as she heard the words, "...And there's the impudence again... Of course, the fox overreacted to the poor human girl, didn't she...? But if I really did, you would be a chained prisoner, not a free guest enjoying my home...", she said before moving back to her standing stance, not without glaring at this spoiled brat of a human. Shinigami could be heard sighing before she stepped back slowly, knowing they were both stuck there. What peaceful moment she had spent with her before was ruined by whatever human nature pushed this one to be so entitled. Her past was not even a variable to Shinigami, who already did her best to obey Mitsuko and not treat Jumi too roughly.

The fox would just lean against a wall and leave herself to slide down to sit, clearly showing how painful her wounds were. She seemed to be a little better with the bleeding stopped and with Mitsuko having cleaned her wounds and bandaged what she could but she would need a while to recover still. Her eyes would just look around, soon noticing even Nall being perched on a shelf, apparently stuck with them in the room as well. He didn't say anything but just watched, figuring that it was better to let the two manage their own difficulties. Shinigami didn't have the energy to care about its presence, anyhow. She looked pathetic enough, already. Not that she really cared, having no regrets about her battle.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

"Oh yes, I'm a such little bitch.  That is how you look at me?  The weak little human.  Thanks for proving that right, that's why I left you two alone.  Did you just want me to smile and nod at the insults?"  That was the real question.  What had Shinigami expected her to do?  For Mitsuko's sake, she was willing to at least try this.  But she had no idea where it would go.  "Just what did you expect me to do?"  Get that out there.  Getting as much out as they could, hopefully without wanting to kill each other.  That seemed to be the only solution here.  Whether it was a good idea or not, Jumi saw it as the one real chance of fixing this.  She was willing to risk the consequences, for what seemed like the best option.  The pain remained, but at least it was bringing some of her old spirit back.

• Love 1

Shinigami eyed her, not very convinced that Jumi even was fighting her with honesty. "...Perhaps it is the consequences of your impudence that makes you so angry... You are losing what little composure you had... You humans are quick to see insults but not to realize that what you have started got you where you are... Sounds familiar, doesn't it...?", she grinned lightly, referring to a past event. It was amusing to be asked what she was expected to do but her answer probably would not please Jumi. Not with her attitude.

With a bit of disappointment, Shinigami just shook her head, "...With how cooperative you and her have been, I guess I expected less of a human mindset but I was fooling myself... Even though she remains mysterious to me. She is not damaged like you... Too new in this life to bear your marks, isn't she...? Did I not protect you from such pain...? Did I not play along with your wishes...? Perhaps it is that you expected to tame the fox but that was not going to work well for you...", she said quietly, not feeling tamable and yet...

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

“Was weak intended to be a compliment?  I believe both humans and demons consider it an insult.”  She took a few steps closer.  “Familiar.  Yes, quick to judge humans.  Look, let me be clear.  This whole time I have been trying to trust your word.  Believe what you said about us enjoying it.  It is true, you haven’t done what other demons did to me.  But it is because I have tried to trust you, that I’m like this now.  Think of me as weak, I can’t stop you.  Really though, was what I did somehow so insulting?  Did you really think I was trying to get you angry?”  Was this getting dangerously close to what happened before?  Maybe, but maybe this honesty would do some good.

• Love 1

Shinigami looked at her again, seeming confused but still smiled, "...I don't believe that this was part of my words spoken to you, that one time. And yet, you were weak and hiding from me, weren't you? I am quick to judge humans, as much as you're quick to judge me... You trusted my words and I gave you many chances to blindside me...", she let out for Jumi to think. "...Only when I am near death, do you show your face again and it is not out of concern for me but for her...", she snickered but regretted it, feeling a small pain.

The fox looked exhausted, very different from the first time they had met her. Her eyes however still focused on Jumi, "...You may not have tried to provoke me but it remains that your demands were nonsensical to the likes of me. I was willing to be at your disposition, but I am not here to cater to your human whims... Unfortunate since I could really take more of that relaxing feeling right now...", she said, more softly at the end, then tried slowly to stand up, only to struggle doing so. Strong or not, her wounds were not normal.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

“Because I’m weak.  You know what I went through.  Maybe I am not as over it as I thought.”  Shinigami might not have the said the words exactly, but the combination of her words about weakness of love, the harshness of her mood in that moment, running off.  It had all cracked something inside her.  A crack.  That might be repaired.  Pain. That might heal.

“And you will notice, I made no attempt to.  Had no desire to.  If I considered you the same as other demons I would have attacked the second you gave up power.”  She was not going to come out and say it.  Not push for it.  That Shinigami might be uniquely capable of healing that pain.  The problem was it was getting dangerously close to acting human.  At the end, Shinigami almost seemed to be asking for something.  Jumi was not quite ready to do that, but perhaps they were working their way there?

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 1

Once Shinigami managed to stand up, she would just lean against the wall for a bit. Jumi's admittance of weakness amused her but she would still give her a good look. "...You're still not bad for a human...", she said with a smirk, referring to a few possible different things from her look to what they had done before. Moving off the wall, the fox moved close to Jumi and then pulled her close against herself, doing a similar thing to what Mitsuko had done to her in the bath. Her tail finally gave slight movements from doing this.

Although Shinigami was in a sorry state, she looked down at Jumi with sort-of friendly eyes, "...You might not get used to this but maybe you should not see it like what pain demons caused you... Can't expect me to treat you the way you'd think a human would treat you but it doesn't have to be a bad thing now, does it...? Or will you really object to being your natural self and feeling things freely as you like...? You didn't object to being touched and kissed before...", she said softly, about what times she had fun teasing her.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

Jumi was caught off guard as Shinigami pulled her in.  Certainly not a human sort of love.  But a genuine desire of some sort. Maybe not pure lust, but Jumi honestly could not figure this creature out.  Feelings of the previous night before the pain lingered. How she made her and Mitsuko feel.  That growing question, could the demon heal her of her pain?  Give something.  “I’m not asking about love, other human emotions, anything like that, not trying to repeat what happened, but…do you want me?”  It was a serious question, it might have seemed obvious in the moment, but Jumi wanted to hear it.  With potentially major questions.  She was asking Shinigami to answer it in a context she was comfortable with.  Purely sexually or otherwise.  Depending on the answer, she might take a significant step.

• Love 1