the ability to reply to status updates on the forum index?

on the old EcchiDreams you could reply to statuses and see replies from the index page, I loved this feature but it seems to have disappeared and I'm wondering why and not only that but I'm wondering if it can be brought back, at all? I dunno how else I can word this...... so if you need any further explanation I'd be happy to give it but I think it should be brought back. 

• Community Administrator

Hello.

This was an IPS decision; possibly because it broke the flow of design given that replies can be of an unlimited length, and they tend to load everything with the page. That said it should actually be doable. But there are some major and understandable concerns from my point of view; for example - if it loads with the page (As in pre-loaded) and someone sticks a 16MB GIF as a reply to a status; that GIF would load with the Forum Index page, which slows it down dramatically for everyone else. 

I will look into this however; and I will get back to you in this thread. Give me a couple of hours and we can probably test something out. 

I just tested it. thank you so much for this, I do have one or two complaints like why do they seem to cut off after three lines? is that to keep this in line:

This was an IPS decision; possibly because it broke the flow of design given that replies can be of an unlimited length, and they tend to load everything with the page.

• 7 months later...