General OOC

11 minutes ago, Warning said:

This is the only part I'm confused about. I dunno if I should actually do any character from the non-dreamworld to the dream world. It's basically a mmo at this point. lol

I am the opposite. That’s part of the things that I’m trying to figure out for some of my OCs and I got a really good idea for one of them.

As it stands right now, I definitely have one character already finished my mind. I just had to write her down. And I’m almost done with the second. I had to flush out the background.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Woohoo 1

47 minutes ago, Warning said:

So one world with multiple areas and/or regions. Alright. Now, it's more clear. And what, is every areas in a war with each others, then?

They are all theoretically under the control of a central government.  Though the rulers may have their reasons for allowing the local lords to fight each other to at least an extent.  There might also be ‘wild’ areas that either don’t have anyone shaping them or more…unnatural rulers, monsters of various sorts, potentially of rather eldritch sort at least sometimes.

I do have a few ideas, for other characters, but probably will wait a few days.  See if anyone else joins, possibly what other characters might be made.  Will probably make one of the lords (well, lady), and a few others, who might or might not be in territory.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

25 minutes ago, diogora said:

Damn, you work fast! xD

Well, like I said before, it’s merely just transferring over my OCs to this world. I worked on my OC for a looooooong time, the oldest one (my main one), Sheylin I have been working on and altering for a decade. I even had a commission done for her.

For every OC that I have, I’ve spent at least several weeks if not more on their background.

All the random characters I do for her. I throw them together, but the ones I actually consider my OC’s I put quite a bit effort.

• Love 4
  • ^ This 1

4 minutes ago, SheylinHalfGoblin said:

Well, like I said before, it’s merely just transferring over my OCs to this world. I worked on my OC for a looooooong time, the oldest one (my main one), Sheylin I have been working on and altering for a decade. I even had a commission done for her.

For every OC that I have, I’ve spent at least several weeks if not more on their background.

All the random characters I do for her. I throw them together, but the ones I actually consider my OC’s I put quite a bit effort.

Ahhhh I think I get that feeling really well!! Although I usually play males, often times they'll be random, whereas I have 3 female OCs I created that I've probably worked on the most over the years without using too much.

Just the process of designing them took days-weeks sometimes (luckily for the 3rd, I could leave most of that work to an artist while I simply gave my input every step of the way) and then actually fleshing out their background and stories is something I never really stop working on ever since I made them!

Plus...I've gotten way too many commissions for them xD It's hard to stop once you start!

• Love 3
  • Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

It's hard to put where the power limit should be exactly.  The lords for example are obviously very powerful, can shape reality in their territory, to the point very few could challenge them, only other lords, or one of the few with potential to become one.  Though perhaps they have to put a constant effort into maintaining what their territory looks like, which may prevent them from using their full power on other things.  A group of somewhat less powerful individuals might be able to overpower one of them that did not have any help too.

In the ordinary world, it is probably limited to fairly standard fantasy races.  Characters can (but don't always) change in the dream world, and there is quite a lot of freedom for them there.

Oh, what the heck, I'll give some partial spoilers for what I am thinking, characters I am considering.  They may not all be made right away though.

The lady is a character I have previously used (which Warning will recognize), adapted to the new setting.

My recently posted 'private' character, the centauress, Zelnath

Space Bunny, adapted to fantasy.

One other character, where I will be borrowing an image from someone else in a private RP of mine and make a new character out of it.

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

So far, my working idea is a human character who may have been inadvertently visiting the dream world for a long time when he sleeps, although he can't interact much, he often converses with a woman that tells him about the other side, saying he isn't ready to come to the world yet, but her stories slowly interest him as his place in the ordinary world comes at a very turbulent and troubling time.

Ultimately, something occurs where he will no longer be able to return to the ordinary world while lamenting he won't be able to see this new world, but he'll eventually awaken in the other side, no longer the human he once was. There's a lot of reconciling what he was versus what he is, but ultimately the voice from his dreams helps him adjust and acclimate to his new place in the world.

How things pan out for him remains to be seen though, but I intend for him to be a lot more lighthearted and friendly compared to my portrayal of Rufus in Youths. >.> And I'll probably have to make the voice that guided him as another char idea since she might be a wandering Goddess of sorts. 

• Love 4
  • Woohoo 1

When you go to the images, you upload a character but "create a new album". Inside that album, you put title (Character name) and in the box, you put the bio stuff. THEN you move to next step where you will upload the image(s). Note, they appear in reverse order. So if you upload 1, 2, 3, 4, they show as 4, 3, 2, 1. Basically...

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ^ This 1
  • Woohoo 1

I used to think it was difficult too, but it's surprisingly easy, until you're trying to keep the right image on top. >.<

Under Image tab at the top though, click 'Add Images' and then click 'Create New Album'. : )

From there, fill in the sheet as you need, and when you're ready, click Save. The next part after that will let you add images as you wish, I believe!

1 minute ago, Warning said:

When you go to the images, you upload a character but "create a new album". Inside that album, you put title (Character name) and in the box, you put the bio stuff. THEN you move to next step where you will upload the image(s). Note, they appear in reverse order. So if you upload 1, 2, 3, 4, they show as 4, 3, 2, 1. Basically...

I'll remember this. T_T

• Love 4
  • ^ This 1

The hardest part will be figuring out Takuya's abilities. I need to think of something fun, but not oppressive...

Also trying to to fill out some extra details to elaborate more on what he is, additional appearance things separate from just what his image shows, and maybe some species explanations for him. 

• Love 4
  • ^ This 1