Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sunstone

Are you, or have you ever been a NEET?

Sunstone

Not in
Education,
Employment, or
Training.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET

I'll try to keep this short.

So ever since around late June, I have spent almost all of my time sitting around at home and...not doing a whole lot really. 😅 Provided I have been job-hunting and have applied for a lot of jobs, I have had no luck, sadly. I have been living as a NEET for about two-and-a-half months now, and counting. While this isn't the longest amount of time I have been NEET, two-and-a-half months has been quite some time to be doing this. This lifestyle certainly has it's ups and downs, but I know I can't live like this forever. Seemingly having all of the free time in the world probably sounds like luxury to some, and while yes, it can be luxurious... it does start to get incredibly boring after a few weeks. I personally sometimes feel really embarrassed and annoyed at myself for ending up in this situation, in fact a lot of the time it feels like I am one of only a few people in my age group who live as a NEET, even though I know for sure there are plenty of other people out there who are in the exact same boat as me. It's kind of hard to describe... 😞

I really want to find Employment, or maybe even go back to college to resume Education, but I worry the longer I remain a NEET the worse things are going to get.

So my question to all of you is: Are you, or have you ever been a NEET? If yes, what was it like? What did you do to pass the time? How did you get out of being NEET? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 💗