What is the longest you have been without sleep?

What is the longest you have been without sleep?  

16 Dreamers have voted

1. 1. What is the longest you have been without sleep?

• Less than 24 hours.
    • 24-36 hours.
    • 36-48 hours.
    • 48-60 hours.
    • 60-72 hours.
    • 72+ hours.

Seeing as it has been a reoccurring thing for me to stay up really late in the night as of late, I thought I'd make a poll and ask, what is the longest you have been without sleep? Me personally? 20 hours... amateur, I know. .w. 

I know it's not good to stay up for long amounts of time. Just a disclaimer, it is not the intention of this poll to encourage others to try and stay awake for as long as they can. Go to sleep when you're tired~! 

I'm curious to see what the results are!

• Community Administrator

Definitely 36-48 hours; I do 24-26 hours more often than I'd like and it's habit I'm packing in because of the damage it can do. Every now and then I will be awake for 36 to 38 hours and by that point I'm crashing the fuck out and usually stay asleep for around 16 hours.

I once stayed up for 46 or so hours and from what I remember of it, I think I started hallucinating, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't narcotic related. When I finally went to bed I think I slept for 18 hours. Then again I was 16/17 at the time.

The days when I don't get 8 hours of sleep and waking up more than 12 hours...are days I am not fond of to this day. At times I always imagine how scary it is to lose the ability to relax and sleep. Makes me afraid of the psychological damage and physical wear-downs inflicted upon oneself. Most of the times the causes are my fault for my unorganized procrastinating self xP

A very bad habit that can either die hard or never die at all...and I strive to fix it ASAP!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

36-48 hours. It usually depends with me. There's some nights where I simply just can't get to sleep because I have a lot on my mind or I don't feel tired. There's days where I feel wide awake and can't get to sleep at night. I always try to get decent sleep though as much as I can. I doubt I could stay up any longer than that.

• Like 1

Over 4 days. Work decided it would be a great idea to give me night shifts one week while I still had school to deal with one time, and I didn't have time to sleep between school, work, homework, and getting my ass to each location.

Word of advice: never fucking do that. I slept through an entire Saturday as a result.

• Like 1